Steampunk 360 Controller is a Real Key-Turner

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Sewer Rat said:
I never said it was awful, I just said the asking price was far to high. Hell, I want it, I just think it is an unreasonable price for what it is.
Well think of it this way, with made-to-order custom parts for this controller mod and the hours put into a project like this already adds to the cost. Also being a "one of a kind" does add to its final cost. I think the price tag is a little rich for my blood too. But Since I also do some of my own modding, nothing to the scale these guys do things; you tend to understand and appreciate the work that goes into a mod when you do your own. Even if you do not completely agree with the design of the end product. Mods I do easily adds another $55 to $175 dollars to a controller and that is just factoring the parts and materials involved.
I only ask for another $30 to $45 for what could be 10 or more hours of work. Which if you do the math is less than minimum wage for the hours I put in.

Oh I check with Morbid Six website, there rest of there mods are priced just about right for the work that goes to them.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
That's nice, makes me wish I had a console. Keyboards don't have skins D:
vrbtny said:
If I came across a dude who was wielding a thousand-dollar controller, I would definitely think he was overcompensating for something.
Hm... I'm only a Grammar Nazi when the meaning of the sentence is changed, and using 'overcompensating' rather than just 'compensating' in that sentence has the same effect as using 'could care less' instead of 'couldn't care less'.
Sigh, I really hate it when a grammar nazi kills a joke. No offense, I like a good grammar nazi, but not when they spoil a decent joke.

Nov 12, 2010
It's probably a good investment. You could resell it later for much more. Remember all the Nintendo Championship cartridges and how much they cost now, only due to their rarity. Same thing here, really. If I were rich, I'd surely buy this puppy.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
This is one of those times where I don't want to throw my money at them.

It doesn't look all that great.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
This seems to be excessively ugly and hugely overpriced. Not being of wood even makes it much worse. I doubt this will have a large consumer base. Real rich people will have their real wood controllers. Maybe this is for people who want to look rich but who aren't.

Anyway - I prefer this version:

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
Sooo someone just held down 9 for the price...

Other than that it looks cool, but I can't help but feel like it's been done with other stuff before...

Omega Pirate

Sep 20, 2010
I all for steampunk, but this just looks cheap. Honestly it does not even compare to some steampunk computer mice and such.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Good luck selling that weird ass piece of crap for a grand. I'll laugh when some dipshit actually pays for it though!

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Statler: You know the only thing more pointlessly expensive then this?
Waldorf: Your iPad?
Statler: Dohohoho!
(wow, that was terrible.)
OT: Dumb product will sell to prove that far too many people have more money then brains.