Steampunk Feminists Vs. Zombies

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
I would totally play that game.
Yeah i'm in too.

Also this exists - The Bone Shaker by Cherie Priest is a steampunk novel with feminist undertones (it's about a widow confronting the spectre of her abusive husband and rescuing her headstrong son. By shooting Zombies. Kindof. Admittedly she gets rescued a couple of times but she's the protagonist and does her own asskicking. Also, there's a pissed off native american woman with knives whose effectively the biggest badass in the book)

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Of course of course. This bullshit is fucking everywhere. I'm so sick of all these... zombie games. >.> Okay, I would also play it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah... I'd probably buy that. Although only after issuing death threats to the developers.

Also, I'm honestly, non-ironically, non-sarcastically liking those character designs.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
A steam punk Left4Dead like game with 3 or 4 kick ass women characters? I'd buy it twice!

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
MatsVS said:
No proper feminist would ever wear a corset. Get it right, guys!
Sorry, but I personally know a few raging fems and they enjoy their corsets. One of them told me she wears one as a top to clubs just to lure in unsuspecting guys so she can rip em apart with intelligent conversation and debate. She has a 4.0 and BS in Psychiatry.

As for would this make a good game, in a word... YES! It would sell to a wide variety of players, has zombies (a big seller these days) and could make a good co-op shooter.

Not to mention the fact that if it were made to look like the characters shown in the panel, it would give girls a good role model. The panel shows attractive ladies that are strong, self-suffecient and (gasp) FULLY CLOTHED! ...this does not mean I dont enjoy games like Lollipop Chainsaw or Tomb Raider, I am a guy after all.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to agree with most of the others, that artwork looks awesome, if the game looked like the artwork, I'd play it, and I don't typically enjoy zombie games.

As I've seen though, a lot of these games with awesome artwork, don't EVER look like that.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Steampunk Feminists Vs. Zombies

Give Us Your Money

Read Full Article
please please please please make a wallpaper of that first frame.

I am so in love with that blond girls dress(i would also play it).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Well that pretty much covers everything I like.

I assume the power ups are made of chocolate yes?

(I still don't think Sarkeesian swindled anyone. It's strange how no other kickstarters get rape threats huh...)

How long will it take before someone picks up the Girl Genius IP for vidyagaems? :(

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
I get the feeling this will happen at some point
and when it does, it won't be feminism
it will just be women brutalizing men
or may even still come off as sexist against women again

Still I like steam punk
and I like ladies
So id play this

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
*Digs a pit, covers it with sticks & leaves.*

Wouldn't it have to be sort of like Lost Vikings to be a proper feminist game?

Include a thickset girl with the muscle, a tall n' lanky girl and a short swift one to round them out for the sake of showing a greater representation of the shapes and sizes real women come in. Rather than just pretty girls in Victorian-styled industrial revolution fetish wear?

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
If someone actually made this, they'd probably fuck it up and fill it full of second and third wave terminology that completely fails to reflect the beliefs or work of the early first-wave feminist thinkers who actually belong in this setting (this happens even within just this comic strip). This is unfortunate, because a lot of people (including many contemporary feminists) could do with a reminder of who they were and what they did.

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
Wow, I would play the hell out of that game. Some badass gals waste zombies in steam punk gear? That would be awesome. Oh, and the artwork in the first panel is amazing. I'm guessing that could be the guest artist's work. Well, he did a great job.