Stephen Fry Joins Cast of The Hobbit

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
crotalidian said:
Ryan Gage is a normal Guy who got Promoted from Hobbit to Civil servant based on Acting Chops

The 7ft Tall monster is Conan Stevens, AKA the Mountain that Rides, AKA the angry guy who chops horses Heads off. He will be Playing the Orc Commader Azok and will be VERY imposing doing it!
Going back it seems I misread the names.

Thanks for the correction.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I have some serious reservations about this movie but now Stephen Fry has been announced i guess i am going to have to see this film no matter what.

Still pissy about the part one/part two nonsense but i guess we're stuck with it now Hollywood has realized they can double their profits

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
*squeeeeeee!!!!!*

Holy crap, that's the most exciting news i've heard in quite a while! Only way this could be better was if Guillermo del Toro was still attached to the film.

PiOfCube

Jan 26, 2011
KaosuHamoni said:
He should totally make Brian Blessed the voice of Smaug. This would then be, the most awesome movie, EVER!

Now that's a good idea for sat-nav technology!

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I always felt that someone like Jeremy Irons would be good as Smaug. It might seem a little typecast, but still.

If only Tony Jay were still with us. :/

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
He will be a good fit. Doesn't hurt that Stephen Frye is about 10 feet tall either.

This will work nicely.

I love the story, and now the cast gets even better!

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Quellist said:
I have some serious reservations about this movie but now Stephen Fry has been announced i guess i am going to have to see this film no matter what.

Still pissy about the part one/part two nonsense but i guess we're stuck with it now Hollywood has realized they can double their profits
As much of a money grubbing bastard Hollywood is, expecting the hobbit to fit into one movie is a bit silly, there's alot in the full book, which I assume they're working from. Besides i'd much rather have two movies where the whole story gets told than one movie where it all seems a bit rushed and there's shit tons missing.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Given this is Peter Jackass it's probably going to be something like skateboarding up the side of Mount Doom to shoot down Sauron's helicopter.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I love Stephen Fry in bones as doctor Gordan Gordan Wyatt, I can't wait to see him in the Hobbit. It seems like the Hobbit is gunna kick ass...but I have to choke my enthusiasm by telling myself, there were no elves at helms deep, there were no elves at helms deep.

Lood NL

Mar 13, 2011
Quellist said:

Look at it this way: They now have completely no excuses to cut out good parts of the book to fit it in one movie, now they have two movies to tell the story in.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Woah, just when you think it couldn't get any better. He'd make a perfect Master indeed.

But you know what I'm really curious about? What are they going to do with the musical numbers.
ccesarano said:
Ryan Gage, a seven foot tall man of burlyness, is going to be playing a servant instead of Beorn, the guy that transforms into a friggin' bear?

lolwut
Ryan Gage doesn't look that burly, or that intimidating for that matter, despite his height. Nah, Robbie Coltrane should play Beorn, otherwise known as Hagrid:

Hell, he'd barely have to change his character!
Lood NL said:
Quellist said:

Look at it this way: They now have completely no excuses to cut out good parts of the book to fit it in one movie, now they have two movies to tell the story in.
You sir, nailed it.

Sebster 105

Feb 27, 2011
:D
I love QI

If I need help sleeping I can just flick over to Dave and the chances are it will be on.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I am now going to watch this film. I wasn't before. Couldn't care less before.

Now... You'll have to keep me away.