Steve Jobs has Passed Away!? (UPDATED)

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Very sad day :( RIP Steve

I still have my very first iPods and Mini iPods to this very day.
I'd have a Macbook too if I could afford it.

So many inspirational quotes to use too! Maybe I should heed the advice now

And screw anyone who boycotts ANY funeral.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Oh wow... uh... just give me a minute here...

(Fiddles with iPod before selecting "Funeral For a Son" by the Protomen.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zniur_5NsfA

There. That's the best I can do on such short notice...

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
All Hail Lelouch said:
UPDATE: To make matters far, far worse. The detested Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will be Picketting Steve Jobs' Funeral. This crosses a sacred line for me. You never, NEVER, insult or desecrate a man on the same day that he died.

Source: http://onlyseancanjudgeme.tumblr.com/post/11088634312
I'm sorry but, why in the fucking hell is the WBC protesting/picketting Steve Jobs's funeral?!? What could they possibly have agianst the man?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
The real tragedy is that when the people die who actually invented the things that Jobs is credited with producing, very few of us will notice their passing. They invented them because they thought they were cool and beneficial ideas, not because they thought they would make a lot of money.

He was a very shrewd businessman. The hero worship is depressing, because the ones who truly deserve it will never receive it.

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
oktalist said:
The real tragedy is that when the people die who actually invented the things that Jobs is credited with producing, very few of us will notice their passing. They invented them because they thought they were cool and beneficial ideas, not because they thought they would make a lot of money.

He was a very shrewd businessman. The hero worship is depressing, because the ones who truly deserve it will never receive it.
Ow how right you are. You have my respect sir.

jaketaz

Oct 11, 2010
Well Lelouch, I hope you get a profile badge for this. I think I'll wait 'til someone famous dies and create a post saying "No way this happened... thoughts, Escapists?"

Obviously if you would have waited two seconds there would be a million news posts concerning Steve Jobs, way to take advantage though. Crafty.

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
ssgt splatter said:
All Hail Lelouch said:
UPDATE: To make matters far, far worse. The detested Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will be Picketting Steve Jobs' Funeral. This crosses a sacred line for me. You never, NEVER, insult or desecrate a man on the same day that he died.

Source: http://onlyseancanjudgeme.tumblr.com/post/11088634312
I'm sorry but, why in the fucking hell is the WBC protesting/picketting Steve Jobs's funeral?!? What could they possibly have agianst the man?
Didnt you know that dying is now considered a sin by the Westboro Baptist Church.
Well for starters, the gay community almost exclusively uses apple products; since they're so closely tied to the hipsters in a lot of areas.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
"So, today at Apple, we'd like to show you our latest creation. We think it's going to revolutionize, not just how we interact with each other, but the very way we all live our lives. We call it: iDead."

...I'm a terrible, terrible person.
Don't worry, you won't be lonely in hell.

I laughed.

No matter how annoying apple is as a company and no matter how much of a gorram troll he could be at times, there's no denying his contribution to technology. RIP.

Now, time to get back to thinking up some terribly poor taste jokes...

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Syzygy23 said:
ultimateownage said:
I hate both Apple and Steve Jobs, but death is never a good thing. So I'll refrain from commenting on it for now.
I know my dad hasn't though. He's basically one step away from running around the house singing that he's dead.
I dunno, when Saddam Hussein died there were a lot less mass graves and rape rooms... You decide what your life is worth to the rest of the world I guess.

I don't know much about jobs other than he invented iPods and one of his employees committed suicide for some reason. Sorry? I dunno. You'd think someone as rich as he was could afford top of the line medical care to replace his pancreas with like, am experimental robo-pancreas. What's the point of making a shit ton of money when you don't get awesome stuff like that?
Well Saddam Hussein is different, he's not just the CEO of an electronics corporation.
It wasn't Apple's employee who committed suicide, well not this specific one at least, it was an employee of the manufacturing company them and most others use. It treats it's employees awfully, and when one of them did something wrong involving Apple the company was so scared of Apple that they interrogated him until he commit suicide. Something like that, at least.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
jaketaz said:
Well Lelouch, I hope you get a profile badge for this. I think I'll wait 'til someone famous dies and create a post saying "No way this happened... thoughts, Escapists?"

Obviously if you would have waited two seconds there would be a million news posts concerning Steve Jobs, way to take advantage though. Crafty.
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Funny how this is the only thread you can get away with posting just: RIP!
I guess forum rules die whenever somebody famous does too.
Do either of you have anything to actually contribute to the thread, or are you merely going to mock how the forum works around here? Welcome to the Escapist. This is a thread discussing the death of a well-respected man. If you don't have anything kind to say, don't say anything at all, because quite a few of us would like to pay our respects. Jesus.

[hr]

OT: Steve Jobs did much more for the computer industry than probably most of the users here truly realize or appreciate. Namely, the GUI format of any standard operating system used today and the necessity of a mouse. That innovation alone probably changed how everybody on this planet uses computers, save for those that use trackpads.

He was a good man, and he will be sorrowfully missed. That's all there is to it.

RIP, indeed.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I to went "Woah, SERIOUSLY!?!?" after hearing about his death
I never owned an Apple product but what I will say is if it weren't for Steam getting ported to the Apple Mac then I wouldn't have Portal 1 right now and for that, I thank him.
R.I.P Steve Jobbs

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I have never once owned an Apple product, but it's still sad. RIP!

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Its amazing how the death of someone, a single human being, can cause so many diverse reactions in people.

And lets be honest, in all likelihood not a single one of the posters on this thread has even met the man.

But let facts be facts. Whether it was Jobs himself who actually got down in the nitty gritty and made the first personal computer by hand, or if it was instead him, and a group of people, or him at the head of coalition, playing supervisor, or conductor....it's the name we all know and recognize. It is not up to us to crywolf and let it be known that STEVE JOBS IS NOT THE WIZARD OF OZ. That it was in fact Jobs as the top midget in a 3 person midget group running a tall man suit.

A man has died.

He never hurt anyone, that we know of. He contributed, be it with his name (as some believe to be his only worth) or his ideas, or even his money, towards the betterment of mankind.

I'm sorry if disgruntlement over the so-called hipster, Macintosh elitist sect has made some of you cynics. That is your loss.

I'm sorry if some of you are simple worthless human beings. That is your right, to hate for no reason, to spit in the eye of what is 'popular'.

But take a moment and realize that, even though you reviled him, even though you hated every product with an apple on it...he had a family. And they loved him. If you are to respect no one else, at least for a day, hopefully for longer, respect them. Because even if you yourselves are piece of shit human beings, if I knew you as such, when you died, I would respect your family.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

You pushed for innovation and you damn well got it.

Truly an inspiration for the next generation of innovators.