Steve Jobs Resigns As Apple's CEO

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
In four months, Steve Jobs will release a smaller resignation letter. With a front-facing camera and longer battery life.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Judging by recent reports about his health, this is probably for the best. I may not be the biggest Apple fan, but their products are amazing, their ethos is admirable and they have revolutionised technology in a very real way. Steve Jobs has done a stellar job there, and deserves the respect he is afforded.

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
Here in The Netherlands blackberry is pretty big. Especially among the hipsters/youngsters

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
PlasticTree said:
Metal Brother said:
In four months, Steve Jobs will release a smaller resignation letter. With a front-facing camera and longer battery life.
..Well done.
Sadly, I stole it from a friend. Well done, yes, but not really well done by me...

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Metal Brother said:
Sadly, I stole it from a friend. Well done, yes, but not really well done by me...
Ah well, bonus points for being honest. Well done, friend of..internet dude!

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Vakz said:
Ed130 said:
The smartphone war (Android, Blackberry, Apple)
Does Blackberry even count? I live in Sweden. I'm the techy kind of person, and I have never even seen a blackberry irl. Outside of US, it seems to be mostly Android, Apple and the occasional Windows Phone.
They are fairly popular over here in the UK, second only to the iphone but more popular with younger people. I would guess cost being a factor.

Still you must hand it to Steve Jobs, he has helped forward the technological progress of humanity immensely. Though their computers/operating systems are still overpriced piles of crap.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
I vote that Apple's days are numbered with or without Jobs. Unless they can revolutionize something again (like they did with the iPod) they will just be repackaging the same stuff, just smaller and with some changes. Look at the iPad 2. Apple fanboys will always buy the products, but the general population will forget about them.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Metal Brother said:
Hahahaha called the iPage! It will be 30% thinner then paper too!

OT: I missed the "iQuit joke at first... nice touch! I laughed.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I have a low opinion of Jobs, although I will happily acknowledge him as innovative. However it's still very sad to see him step down because of acute health reasons. I the rumors are all true this isn't something that he can recover from, and I don't imagine he has more than a few years left before going down hill. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Doubtless this will herald a new age for the company, in which they value function over form, build products to last several decades and encourage free development and modification on all their platforms--

lol nope.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Saw on BBC news earlier that Apple shares have already taken quite a beating but I think they'll climb up again once the dust settles, just panic sells atm.

Be interesting to see if the new CEO tries to take Apple down a different road though or if its still going to follow the same worn path.

Vakz said:
Ed130 said:
Does Blackberry even count? I live in Sweden. I'm the techy kind of person, and I have never even seen a blackberry irl. Outside of US, it seems to be mostly Android, Apple and the occasional Windows Phone.
Hugely popular in every business Ive ever worked in in the UK.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Vakz said:
Ed130 said:
Blackberry is quite huge in Canada (not a shock, I suppose, since that's where they're actually from) though they are really viewed and used as business products due to their security tech. Blackberry does have several non-business models but they've never really taken off at a huge level mainly due to pretty much always being a step behind the curve in a market that's very focused on being the hot new thing. Heck, even their iPad imitation (the PlayBook) doesn't offer full functionality unless connected to a standard Blackberry device. For business use, though, you really can't do better than a traditional Blackberry device.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Sadly i think he is much sicker then he lets on , and thats why he calls it quits.The new CEO have some big shoes to fill.