Stolen Pixels #196: Breen Fortress, Part 2

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
This Half-Life 2 villain meets Team Fortress 2 vill... err... announcer is getting more and more isteresting.

JoeCool385

May 10, 2010
I've logged the most time as Soldier. Is that what we're looking for?

Although I think I might enjoy playing the engineer the most, even though I suck at it, until I get impatient that no one's running face-first into my poorly-placed turret.

Elec0

The Master of Fractals
May 29, 2009
I'm a sniper almost all of the time. If the map is too close combat for sniper I go soldier.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
My favorite character would be either the Pyro or the Demo, though I've been known to pick the Engy or Soldier as well, on occasion.

Haven't played TF2 in forever, though. I'm just not that into multiplayer games anymore these days.

Helgi

Sep 27, 2009
"We do B-grade comedy here" hah, brilliant comic can't wait for the next one.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
My favorite class has to be demo man at the moment. I can blow stuff up and when that's seems too easy I can always charge in with a massive sword. Who needs guns and bullets when a sword never fails me.

Feb 13, 2008
Gentlemen?

I'm a great defender of the sheer versatiltiy of the Spy. While some people, coughshamuscough, think he's a jerk, I'd be more condemning of the corridor nadespammer, or Mr. "Halfamile away" shot.

The Spy is nothing like all these barbarians, he is a cultured intellectual thay could be any one of us. He could be you, he could be me, he could even be...

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
For me its the Soldier and the Engineer. There the 2 classes I do best.

And I just got TF2 for the PC a few hours ago, woohoo!

The Fork of Truth

Aug 10, 2009
I'm a Sniper (and not a bad one, if I do say so myself) which surprised me a bit. I do like the Demoman as well. The only classes I dislike playing are the Scout and the Spy.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Pugiron said:
Almost makes me wish I had played Team Fortress, but then I think of all the douchbags that play online shooters and I get over it.
Your avatar is beautiful. Had to be said.

OT: Nice comic. Also, you have good taste in offensive classes. The Medic is my favorite overall, and The Pyro is good class to play when I can't go Medic. Although, I still play other classes, just not as much as those two. Oh, but I do tend to have a thing with playing The Demoman on most of Dustbowl.

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
Just to let you know, Shamus, I laughed a lot harder at this than at today's Critical Miss comic. Even though you chose Critical Miss from all the contest entries, and it's only had two comics so far...

No one can replace you!!

Heheh, mandatory.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Irridium said:
I can usually play any class for any situation. Each class is surprisingly flexible and able to do lots of jobs very well.

Hell I know I've capped the intel more than once as a heavy, and I've defended my fair share of cap points as a scout.

But if I had to choose, it would be soldier on offence, pyro on defence, and engineer for when I'm lagging (build the sentry in the right place and it'll do fine).

Also, *caugh* TF2 PC group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] *cough*
Engineer is great when my comp or internet starts crapping out, you can be a real credit just by having good map knowledge and positioning of buildings.
When fortune smiles and everything is daffodils, I'll go sniper, and let the rare case of good-aim-itis bring swift headshot justice on that scout 6 feet away. Nothing beats that.

Generally, scout and soldier are my favourites though, they're incredibly versatile.
Medic is great if I just want to play e-z mode. Getting Mvp is ridiculously easy as medic.

anyGould

Sep 17, 2007
I'm a lousy FPSer, so I go with Engineer if I know the map, Medic if I don't (just keep the people who know what they're doing alive), or for general amusement, Heavy (you never forget your first class)