Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Happy Birthday. Hopefully the Nintendo 3DS will have a decent array of action game.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Well, at first I was thinking, Haha, gimmicks, amirite?(I didn't think it was actually in 3D) And then I stepped away from the computer to refill my tea. On the way back, I spied my copy of Sly Cooper 3, which happens to come with 3D glasses, so I figured, why not? To my surprise, it really is in 3D. Although the first two panels don't really look special, the third panel is amazing. In the artsy parlance, it "pops."

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
It works!!!!
But it burns!!!!!!!

Ahrg, well happy birthday Shamus.

edit:
Mysnomer said:
Well, at first I was thinking, Haha, gimmicks, amirite?(I didn't think it was actually in 3D) And then I stepped away from the computer to refill my tea. On the way back, I spied my copy of Sly Cooper 3, which happens to come with 3D glasses, so I figured, why not? To my surprise, it really is in 3D. Although the first two panels don't really look special, the third panel is amazing. In the artsy parlance, it "pops."
Hah I used the same glasses :D.
The third panel does look the best really.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Shamus Young said:
Hey, Stolen Pixels is in 3D!
Interesting that, you are not the only one who's celebrating birthday today, you can share this with Teamfortress Classic aswell, August 24, 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeamFortress

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Happy birthday, Shamus!
[sub]Oh, and great comic, by the way.[/sub]

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Bugger. My only 3D glasses are the new ones that are just clear. "RealD 3D", I believe it's called.
The strip would look a bit strange without them on if the images were skewed like that, but the last time I owned a pair of blue/reds was 1998.

Happy birthday, either way!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Cool! As soon as I saw it I stopped reading and found my 3D glasses. While this was neat, I would only recommend doing this once and a while. I wouldn't want to have to find these glasses every time I read one of your comics :p

Oh, and Happy Birthday again XD

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Did anyone get Shamus a stripper?
No? Good, because I'm volunteering.
Happy birthday, dollcakes.

Ell Jay

Jun 3, 2009
As feedback goes, I prefer the text at the bottom, even if it means blowing up the size of each regular comic.