Stolen Pixels #229: The Tearful Goodbye

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Irridium said:
Indeed.

And whats this? Is that Baldur's Gate? Yes it is. And now it is mine.
I swear, the moment I finished installing it I heard a voice say "Minsc and Boo missed your clicks of justice. NOW POINT TO THE EYES!" followed by an adorable squeek.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
To be honest, I wouldnt approve of someone punching Kotick in the happysack.
glueing a little device that cannot be removed and will shock him every time he's a money-grabbing bastard, now THAT would be awesome.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
GAH, fucker, I was just going tho the site and its got more then a few games I effin loved growing up, you have helped these ppl take money from me, Im not sure if I should hit you or hug you... Im also not sure who this is directed at

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Oh Shamus, you'll always be a crazy old guy with a gun for me.
Kross said:
Hey, I just heard, unless we can sell 1500 Publisher's Club subscriptions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe] by the end of next week, we'll have to get rid of all our original content and just re-post stuff from Digg gaming to try and make ends meet. :(

Sorry for breaking the news this way, but it seemed an appropriate context.
Man I knew merging the Escapist with the Girl Scouts was a bad idea, but did anyone listen? Noooooo!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It certainly worked on me. I now know GoG exists. And they have some tempting titles. Still, I'm annoyed by the "trick," so I don't know if I'm buying them.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
That comic scared me for a moment. I would die a little inside if GOG went down.

EDIT: Seriously, GOG is like the Jesus of DD.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Very funny comic, Shamus...
And yeah; I'm pretty annoyed at GOG... but on the other hand, they have Descent 1 & 2 and I've been looking for those EVERYWHERE...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Haha, nice one Shamus. I'll have to check out this site now. Any group of people who are a thorn in the side of Bobby Kotick has my support.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Dear Shamus,

I both hate and love you.

I love you for referring me to that wondeful site. I hate you for making me eat Ramen Noodles for pretty much all of October.

Just kidding, I don't really hate Ramen Noodles.

Grey_Area

Jun 26, 2008
Communication is ALWAYS better than no communication.

Any puclicity may be better than no publicity, but positive publicity is always better than negative.

GoG.com's marketers should have known this.

I appreciate that they haven't truly gone away, but this stunt would only have worked if they coupled it with, say, a week long everything for half-price sale, or twenty new games to look at. One new game? Nah, that's just business as usual. Except now when you purchase it you can't use their own downloader to get it.