Stolen Pixels #247: Her Price Is Right

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I hope Stolen Pixels is back for good and not a once off comic that Shamus did because he was bored...

invisiblemoose

Nov 18, 2009
The trouble would be that you are assuming that the gamer HAS a girlfriend (and is interested in girlfriends), and that I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of girlfriends out there that are going to be thrilled that a gaming store thinks that their worth can be qualified as a monetary amount. And that an object is better than them because it's cheaper.

Also: I'm pretty sure it's possible to take issue with the content of games AND the advertising; people are capable of multitasking their issues. After all, people are dying in wars and yet you can complain about people who complain about gaming ads.

secretsantaone

Mar 9, 2009
Who Dares Wins said:
The Heik said:
Who Dares Wins said:
STOLEN PIXELS FUCK YEAH!!! And it's not an April Fools joke.
Actually I kinda think it is. English Pounds are some of the highest worth coinage around, so having it suddenly become Pounds would increase it's worth. So how does making it's cost go up make it suddenly cheaper than your girlfriend?

BTW welcome back Shamus!
EDIT: If you read in the comments section of that link, you'll see that he intended Travis not to know that English Pounds are worth more.
That's way too subtle for a internet webcomic. I don't even get what the joke is supposed to be, Americans are ignorant?

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Finally a comic that isn't so heavy-handed on references or just too expected/boring.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Shamus Young said:
Stolen Pixels #247: Her Price Is Right

Everything always comes down to money.

Read Full Article

Welcome back Shamus :) Glad to see stolen pixels rocking and rolling again.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
is it worth pointing out the brittish pound is worth more than a dollar, so this entire joke is flawed?