Stolen Pixels #255: The Veep

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #255: The Veep

Let's see Kevin Butler charm his way out of this.

Read Full Article

justthisguy

Oct 29, 2009
I can't see the comic. Maybe it's private?

EDIT: Strange. If I go to http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/54/54795.jpg then I can see it fine, maybe firefox is just playing up.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
I expect the Escapist to remove all profile fields asking for personal information or risk being labelled blatantly hypocritical.

You don't need to know my Real name, Location, OCCUPATION?!, Country, Birth date (excuse me?), Gender, ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Skype, XBL/PSN/Steam/Wii/Xfire/Kongregate/Raptr, Twitter/Facebook/YouTube.. etc etc etc.

Don't even ask.

You're setting yourselves up for the same fall mi amigos.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
ehehe this was pretty funny
there were so many potential Kevin Butler jokes floating around in my head once this fiasco broke

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
HAHA very funny. But shame on you kicking us ps3 users when we're down, still funny though.

Also apprantely the psn will be back up on the 3rd May, so silver lining an all.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164641p1.html

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Keith K said:
You don't need to know my Real name, Location, OCCUPATION?!, Country, Birth date (excuse me?), Gender, ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Skype, XBL/PSN/Steam/Wii/Xfire/Kongregate/Raptr, Twitter/Facebook/YouTube.. etc etc etc.
They get that stuff so gamers can interact, also, there is no reason for hackers to steal that info, they attacked sony to ether hurt them, or get credit card info.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh yeah, thats right. Those capcom games use the always online DRM.

From a PC gamer to any PS3 owner who can't play their legally bought games... welcome to our world. And I totally know how your feeling.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
BSOD, Lair*, Catherine. Nice choices lol... he must have a Dell.

[small]*credit: saregos[/small]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
On the topic of not getting their games...
I have several steam friends who bought the PS3 version of Portal 2 since they got both PS3 and PC and/or they don't have credit card to pay online.

So no co-op with them until PSN is back again =/

OT: Funny comic yet again Shamus ;)

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Keith K said:
I expect the Escapist to remove all profile fields asking for personal information or risk being labelled blatantly hypocritical.

Don't even ask.

None of that information is mandatory. So you only put it there if you want, and you know it's being publicly displayed, in fact that's the whole point of it. There's a significant difference to having your hidden info stolen.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
Keith K said:

Don't even ask.

I think all of that stuff is optional here, but yeah, other websites ask for a lot of shit they don't need. It would be nice if the Escapist could look at the birth data in my profile when determining whether it can start showing me a video, though. In fact, I think that would be far better "security" than making you select a new birth date every time you try to watch a video.

Also, I want a field where I can tell the Escapist that I'm not a robot, so I won't have to enter captchas anymore.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I wonder if Sony will try and get people back with massive discounts? That would be nice. I'd be happy with some nice discounts.

Mmmmmmnn... discounts...

saregos

the undying
Jul 7, 2009
Wolfram01 said:
BSOD, Skyrim, Catherine. Nice choices lol... he must have a Dell.
Second one's Lair, actually. Same shot here: http://www.gamemunition.com/articles/10-most-overhyped-ps3-titles/ #3 (yeah, it's probably somewhere on escapist too but I'm lazy)

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
saregos said:
Wolfram01 said:
Second one's Lair, actually. Same shot here: http://www.gamemunition.com/articles/10-most-overhyped-ps3-titles/ #3 (yeah, it's probably somewhere on escapist too but I'm lazy)
D'oh! I'll make an edit... thanks

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
That's Lair, not Skyrim.

OT: To be fair to your virtual Butler, you couldn't have chosen a less girl-like model for this comic, even if you'd co-opted Gordon Frohman.