Stop all the COD Hate

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Listen, we understand, you're a hardcore gamer. COD games are so popular because they are not aimed for a hardcore audience.

"Oh, I am too a hardcore gamer, I play also Skyrim, and Viva Pinata, and Mass Effect, and all those other games that hardcore gamers play"

Well good for you, thats great, but you know you else plays COD games, that guy who only has an XBOX or PS3 for the damn COD series.

In short, don't take the COD series, seriously, they are what they are to sell, and make money. If the color blue sells 10x more than the color green, wouldn't you sell more blue than green?

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Look, thread #94789575 of this same topic appears!

Its not that they aren't aimed towards a specific crowd, its that they are aimed at making the smallest improvements (look, five new guns!) and selling them for the most price. I wish more people understood that Call of Duty is ruining the market, because they are spending very little in the percentage of money they are returning. Its almost criminal.

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
Stop making these stop CoD hate threads. Please, we're kinda going in circles.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
It's not going to happen. People hate popular things, people are going to hate what they want to hate. Free will ya know?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
You labelled Viva Pinata as hardcore.
I don't never whether to hug you out of joy that the game has been recognised or strangle you for lumping it in with the hardcore games.[footnote]Although it's a hard game to pick up and learn, granted.[/footnote] :D

Korbo

Mar 2, 2011
The fact that CoD makes money is the reason it's hated. And they practically just release the same game every year. That too.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I don't hate Call of Duty, but the fact people won't stop talking about it is making me do so.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I wonder if someone adapted that "Pony threads on the Escapist" pic for "Modern Warfare 'Stop the hate' threads on the Escapist" yet.

Please, use your forum search bar and commit forum necromancy on the newest thread relevant to your topic.

As for me, i dont hate Brown Samefare Modern Warfare, i hate Activision with much more vigour.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Timberwolf0924 said:
Listen, we understand, you're a hardcore gamer. COD games are so popular because they are not aimed for a hardcore audience.

"Oh, I am too a hardcore gamer, I play also Skyrim, and Viva Pinata, and Mass Effect, and all those other games that hardcore gamers play"

Well good for you, thats great, but you know you else plays COD games, that guy who only has an XBOX or PS3 for the damn COD series.

In short, don't take the COD series, seriously, they are what they are to sell, and make money. If the color blue sells 10x more than the color green, wouldn't you sell more blue than green?

Yeah but it would be nice if they sold you enough blue to paint a room for your money rather than just 2foot square in the corner.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam was more of an individual game than MW3 is. At least EA didnt have the cheek to charge full price for it.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I wish people would just be done with the bashing already. You can go play in your magical fairyland in Skyrim, or run around and blow things up. Both of those things appeal to different people, and Team A isn't better than Team B because Team B sells more. I don't care how much work went into their game, but the final product is all that matters.

The changes to a Call of Duty game may not be game changing, but it's enough to stay true to the series, but still be unique, and I'd chalk that up as a win for Call of Duty.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
oh, someone is complaining that my opinion is wrong because it isnt his.
i hate the CoD community more now.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
First off, I'll hate what I want :3

Second off, I'll hate myself for admitting it, but CoD is good at times... It's just not my cup of tea, and the fanbase is annoying to me.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
w9496 said:
I wish people would just be done with the bashing already. You can go play in your magical fairyland in Skyrim, or run around and blow things up. Both of those things appeal to different people, and Team A isn't better than Team B because Team B sells more. I don't care how much work went into their game, but the final product is all that matters.

The changes to a Call of Duty game may not be game changing, but it's enough to stay true to the series, but still be unique, and I'd chalk that up as a win for Call of Duty.

....stay true to the series, but still be unique...

For PC, the MW franchise took a giant leap backwards with the miltiplayer in MW2. It still isnt back to CoD4 standard in MW3 and it is a step backward if we include Black Op in this too. MW hasnt really had a story to speak since the first one of so tell me, if a game is still behind it 2 time predecessor, how is it true to the series and unique in any way that could be considered good?

Eccentric_Jon

Jun 20, 2010
Virtually all sequels are the same, people just pick on CoD more than the others because the fanboys rave about it.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Look at the Madden series, the Gran Turismo series, Grand Theft Auto has gotten worse actually.. all of those series make bank, go hate those.

off topic
Captcha is "and glopeat"

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
And after this blows over this will reappear as stop hating so and so game and blahhde blahde blah. We get it, people like some games and hate others

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
I have seen WAY more "STOP THE COD HATE!" threads than I have seen actual CoD hate posts, let alone threads dedicated to bashing them...But if the majority of the community here really doesn't like CoD (which I doubt), and you know it, than these threads are just pointless flame bait.