Stop all the COD Hate

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
It's funny really, I've seen dozens of threads from people whining about "CoD hate", but I don't think I've ever actually seen a thread dedicated specifically to "CoD hate"... not once.

Anyway, I won't stop with the "CoD hate", because I don't like CoD. If asked about it, I will say I don't like it, and give reasons why if prompted. I'm sorry if that's such a problem for you legions of angry CoD fans, but fortunately, you don't control what I think. Even though you try to by commanding me to "stop" with my opinions, you still don't.

Now can we please stop spamming threads about this same subject over and over again?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Sassafrass said:
You labelled Viva Pinata as hardcore.
I don't never whether to hug you out of joy that the game has been recognised or strangle you for lumping it in with the hardcore games.
Viva Pinata is crazy hardcore. I'm pretty sure that's what killed its sales. It looked like child friendly nonsense, so all the hardcore gamers stayed away, and all the casual gamers got blindsided by the complexity.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I beg your pardon? I can hate what the hell I ever want. COD is just a mediocre game in my opinion and even that is generous and I can tell my opinion about it whenever I want, no matter how much it bothers you. Just like you can tell how great it is but don't try to make me shut up.

kwydjebo

Sep 1, 2010
People PEOPLE!!!!

This hate has to stop...do you know how many depend on the sale of COD for their livelyhood. Even if you don't like it, think of how your hate is affecting them. I mean I tried it, I really didn't enjoy it, but I don't go out and broadcast that I hate COD to everyone. Think of the big picture, and all those fishermen who toil day in and day out to support their families and.....wait you're not refering to COD, as in the fish? :cool:

What I found funniest was that this thread was listed on the side window (With 11 replies) and right under it was a thread titled "I really Hate Cod, don't you"(96 replies).

Maybe that one was about fish.

For the record, if you love it, or hate it...who cares?
Does having people hate something you like make it worse? Or liking somethign you hate invalidate your feelings?
Also HATE is pretty strong, I save my hate for important things, like people who abuse animals, and brocolli (I used to also save it for those who butcher spelling and grammar on forums, but now I take the happy pills)

For you guys who live and die by what others think of it, and have strong feelings either way, guess what....I've never played it, may never play it, don't feel the need to, and if they make 1 or 1000 more installments to it, I couldn't care less. Maybe one day I'll play it and form an opinion, until then, it is, to my knowledge, just another FPS. Does my opinion make your belief less important to you in some way? it shouldn't, but based on these threads, at least a few of you are likely to find that inflamatory!

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Sassafrass said:
I don't never whether to hug you out of joy that the game has been recognised or strangle you for lumping it in with the hardcore games.
Viva Pinata is crazy hardcore. I'm pretty sure that's what killed its sales. It looked like child friendly nonsense, so all the hardcore gamers stayed away, and all the casual gamers got blindsided by the complexity.
This is very true, I got it for my kid sister, she was like 12 at the time.. and she never played it because "it's to hard" I picked it up and was like.. "wtf, how can a kid play this?" and from there I was stuck on it.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Sassafrass said:
I don't never whether to hug you out of joy that the game has been recognised or strangle you for lumping it in with the hardcore games.Although it's a hard game to pick up and learn, granted. :D
First game I played for the 360, I'm stuck on gardener level 20...
Those damn minion things... Why can't I just buy a Molotov from that shop and light the little bastard on fire?

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Timberwolf0924 said:
Look at the Madden series, the Gran Turismo series, Grand Theft Auto has gotten worse actually.. all of those series make bank, go hate those.
Ok, and people have hated on those series. People have hated on Madden for years before MW came around, and GTA 4 was seen as a disappointment to a lot of people compared to earlier titles like San Andreas. We get it.

So we shouldn't complain about obvious flaws sold as 'selling points', when we've been doing it long afore these upstarts were around. They still have glaring faults played up as selling points, and no amount of 'look over there!' is going to change that.

In other words, we do hate those. Now find something good to defend your series with, or admit that it can still be improved.

Also, let's end these threads. They're clogging up the tubes.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
There has been hundreds of this exact same thread and none of them have encouraged people to stop hating CoD. What makes you think yours will be any different?

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Xooiid said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
Look at the Madden series, the Gran Turismo series, Grand Theft Auto has gotten worse actually.. all of those series make bank, go hate those.
Ok, and people have hated on those series. People have hated on Madden for years before MW came around, and GTA 4 was seen as a disappointment to a lot of people compared to earlier titles like San Andreas. We get it.

So we shouldn't complain about obvious flaws sold as 'selling points', when we've been doing it long afore these upstarts were around. They still have glaring faults played up as selling points, and no amount of 'look over there!' is going to change that.

In other words, we do hate those. Now find something good to defend your series with, or admit that it can still be improved.

Also, let's end these threads. They're clogging up the tubes.

I don't play COD.. I have BF3 and Skyrim, no time for that game..

jessegeek said:
Stop all the COD hate!

Ok.. you win..

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
I'm going to say what I say every time this fucking thread comes up: I'll quit being vocal about my hate for CoD when CoD fans stop trying to shove it down my throat as a godsend to gaming and how much of a ****** I am because I play Zelda over CoD. Seriously, trying to make us stop hating the game is only going to make us hate it more because you are essentially trying to control our opinion. I'll hate whatever I god damn want to and just because someone is butthurt that someone doesn't like a series they like isn't going to change my mind.

Also as I've said before: Liking a game is like having a penis. It's fine if you enjoy the hell out of your penis, you can even be proud of your penis. But as soon as you try to shove that penis down my throat I'm going to react violently.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I'll stop hating once it stops sucking, or once it starts getting sales numbers that don't make the whole industry go "well how can we be more like that mediocre hunk of shit so people will buy our game by the trillions?"

To be more articulate: I KNOW for a FACT that the sales numbers on this game will make other game publishers look for more games like this, Hence why every major publisher is mostly only pushing out FPS games, or why they're tweaking existing genres to be more FPS-like (anyone else miss top-down role-playing games?), and I fear eventually maybe they'll link the sales to the bland, explosion heavy plot, and then they'll only want to publish games with bland explosive heavy plots. Not acceptable.

Also, the series doesn't even hold a candle to Battlefield 2 let alone Battlefield 3. It's like someone believing in scientology, I just can't let it go unquestioned.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Call of Duty's popularity sends the wrong message to the gaming industry.
Let me put this here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/3281-The-Numbers]

In brief, the movie adaptation of "At The Mountains of Madness" was denied a green light even though all the necessary components were in place. Everything was ready to go, but Universal Studios pulled out. They didn't have the money to be taking chances with the movie because all of their other risky projects, Scott Pilgrim vs The World for example, performed horribly at the box office. Fast and the Furious 4, however, performed spectacularly.

This obviously applies to the video game industry. Cookie-cutter games like Call of Duty sell well; Call of Duty MW3 broke records across the board. It's not just about the game itself; the game itself isn't that bad. However, it's not that good. It's not great. It certainly doesn't deserve to be as hot as it is. It will eventually get to the point where, given the choice between a good, perhaps even brilliant game that will unfortunately only appeal to a niche market or another CoD clone that is just about guaranteed millions, developers are going to go with the safe bet, and those who don't are likely to pay.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAH! OPINIONS! EVERYONE HAS THEM, MANY OF THESE OPINIONS ARE ASSHOLES!

Okay I understand why some mature COD fans are frustrated by this. For a long time Halo was getting the same treatment, now haters look at Halo and go 'eh'. But be happy with how much praise Call of Duty has.

Its okay for you to like something that no one else likes. Your allowed to have an opinion. I for example love all three Transformers films, do I care if people are annoyed by that? No. When it comes to threads about hating Call of Duty, just ignore it. Like I ignore all of these Skyrim threads. XD

No hard feelings Skyrim fans.
Timberwolf0924 said:
"Oh, I am too a hardcore gamer, I play also Skyrim, and Viva Pinata, and Mass Effect, and all those other games that hardcore gamers play"
Viva Pinata? That isn't hardcore! ... Is it?

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
You know you are never going to stop people hating stuff especially if you tell them to stop hating stuff as people hate being told what to do in most circumstances especially if it is something they dislike (although in this instance they wont be forced to do it so it is pointless anyway).

People hate lots of games I like as well, I accept that and dont ***** on about it and try and tell people they are wrong for thinking that way. I just explain my position why I like it if necessary and they can explain why they hate it in the end we will likely both move on completely unchanged in our love/hate for the game (or whatever).

I think you will find a lot of the hate for things like COD is spite because they feel it is getting way more credit than it actually warrants. Wait a few years then you will see how many people really love/hate COD when the fad is over i.e those who still have a strong opinion on it.

Freedom of thought is even more important than freedom of speech get used to it because its here to stay.

AlphaEcho

Jun 16, 2010
Timberwolf0924 said:

off topic
Captcha is "and glopeat"
Madden: No one takes seriously.
Gran Turismo: Is generally forgotten on release.
GTA: Is starting to get a better story (getting deeper and deeper.)
CoD: Is the same exact 'lolz explosions and five new guns, with more Russians' every year and is raved about by tons of people.

Father Tunde

Dec 8, 2010
To quote Master Chief, from the 'Arby 'n the Chief' Machinima, upon being asked why he's hating on GTA IV over the internet:

"It's popular. LoL!!1!"

Jonny49 said:
I don't hate Call of Duty, but the fact people won't stop talking about it is making me do so.
In which case, you must surely detest Skyrim.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
People will love something to death and people will loathe another thing till the end of time. You can't stop this and technically you don't have much of a right to stop this I'm afraid.

Just have an opinion of your own about it and be happy with that. That's all you can do :)