Stop. Hammer Time!

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I try really hard not to be a crybaby about the whole butchering of Norse mythology, but I'm sorry, I just can't.

I try to tell myself "it's a re imagining, that is not Norse mythology, that's just Marvel's take on it", but it doesn't work. It's too similar, they play it too much like it's the real thing, 'cept it isn't! They didn't take some "free ideas" or re imagine the whole thing (or even make a totally self aware butchering like Disney did with Hercules), they actually pretend like they're dumbed down version is the real deal. Or, rather, I know they don't, but it feels like they do. Does thins make sense to anyone else?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Man, what's next? In six monthes time tea-baggers complaining about Captain America?

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
Hm. As an outsider who has never picked up a Thor comic (or many comics for that matter) in her life, this looks a tad cheesy, but at the same time slightly interesting because it has Norse mythology and Natalie Portman. I give it a B- ...you can't expect much more since there have been so many other recent movies along this line...

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
This is really exciting stuff. Also your nerd cred shot up in my book for the reference to Clarke's 3rd law of prediction. :) Way to go Bob.