Straight Guy in Wafflehouse beat down for homophobic slur

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So they ganged up on him and hit him until he was on the ground in a fetal position...

...for being closeminded?

Come on people, the first amendment rights apply to everyone, even assholes and bigots. If you want to put him in his place talk him down, don't assault him for calling you names.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
normally id say the guy got what he deserved for hitting a woman but this, this is just wrong every one of those guys should go to prison (the guy who got beaten should get a fine not prison time) for this.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
So they ganged up on him and hit him until he was on the ground in a fetal position...

Come on people, the first amendment rights apply to everyone, even assholes and bigots. If you want to put him in his place talk him down, don't assault him for calling you names.
The First Amendment of the US Constitution (aka Freedom of Speech) means that there can be no law passed to limit what a person says, within reason (speech designed to incite violence/riots, death threats and false bomb threats, police or fire reports are not covered).
The First Amendment does not protect someone from catching a beat down, justified or otherwise, for being a colossal prick.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Assholes make any reason to be assholes. People are people, and a lot of people are assholes. What they did was completely unwarranted.
Leadfinger said:
In my view, the beat down was totally warranted. You could look at it as a kind of "manners coaching." Perhaps the fellow will think before he speaks in the future.
Yep, damn those black peoples/chinese/gays/women/children for being ill-mannered. A good beating will surely clear that up.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
First off, OP please check your grammar. It was kind of hard to figure out what exactly happened. That or I just can't read.

Second, it's a Wafflehouse! Just be happy meth and the Klan weren't involved this time.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
In my personal opinion if you want to teach tolerance and understanding you have to also be tolerant to the intolerant. We as a society like to galvanize and vilify those who are different and that causes more justification on there part.

Now this man has more reason to have negative feelings toward gay people. what if people started to be gutted in the street for being suspect of bigotry. That would then give bigots and anyone afraid of appearing as such reason to hate a group of people.

It may seem farfetched to the shortsighted but we already have kids getting raped because a couple of london cops were afraid that the pc police would get them.

So while I feel its important to be understanding and tolerant i also feel that if it doesnt go both ways than nothing of value will change.

captcha:zombie attack.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
Whiplash? DAMN. That was quite a slap!

Okay, fair enough. I was making the (perhaps erroneous) assumption that the woman in the video (which I haven't seen) was of a similar strength to me. There is no way I could give anyone whiplash with a slap, but I didn't take into account what a larger and/or stronger person might be capable of.

Anywho... yeah, unless we want to discuss slapping more (in a fun theoretical way), I think I'm done with this. When everyone's in the wrong, it just isn't any fun to talk about. More like depressing.

yeah, we assumed he just took the hit wrong, still funny tho.

and its likely the man wasn't hurt, although the women was definitely bigger and probably put a bit of force behind it, but yeah, it was probably the other 4 or 5 guys who did the real damage to him, if any.

and as fun as talking about the theoretics of slapping, I feel we may have exhausted that avenue for now haha

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I dunno what you guys saw, but I saw him push first
Jack the Potato said:
Clearly the woman struck the offender first.
No, it honestly looked like he smacked her titty before he got slapped.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
These people make me sick to my stomach and while what they do with their bodies is ultimate up to them I cannot bring myself to condone their sick, depraved and unnatural behaviour.

Man was not meant to eat waffles.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I would think the straight guy got what was coming since me and friends know not to use words like Faggotn and other slurs in open public because sticks and stones does not work in a public area for everybody.

Also if I didn't know any better I'd say this thread was designed with hate in mind so let's not have another Escapist courtroom episode 5467 all over again.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
The people in this thread saying "he deserved it", what the hell is wrong with you? Nobody deserves violence over mere words. If you still believe that shit then go back to the 18th century where verbal disagreements were settled by duels/fist-fights, that's where you belong.

Rawne1980 said:
That wasn't a beating, they slapped him.

Slapped.

Who the fuck slaps?
That's the first thing I thought too. They way they were happy-slapping the guy struck me as hilarious more than anything.

Am I allowed to conclude that that's how gay men "fight"?

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
RicoGrey said:
If I saw a woman about to be attacked my reaction would be to attack the attacker. Does not matter if she slapped him first, it is what my instincts would tell me to do.

Can not really say this is mob justice, these people did not go to this guys house with torches in hand, he was in a public place and incited a group of people to attack him.

I am an Atheist and I have never gone to a church to denounce Christ(or whatever Christians think I would do) because I know the end result would be myself getting assaulted.

Yeah, I get he didn't go to a gay bar, but he was still in public, and I am sure he realized this group was composed mostly of gay men.

On a side note, as I understand it, most gay men work out like crazy, would seem like a bad idea to piss off one gay muscular guy, let alone a whole group of them.
So go attack women who slap men and don't retaliate. Hope you feel better about yourself your as big a thug as the initial attacker. Unless you mean by attack he's doing more then slapping her back then by all means restrain him. Otherwise it's none of your business and I would gladly charge you when the cops show up and witness against you with pictures of you in the act on my phone. You don't go attacking people.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
RicoGrey said:
If I saw a woman about to be attacked my reaction would be to attack the attacker. Does not matter if she slapped him first, it is what my instincts would tell me to do.
So if you saw two complete strangers who are possibly in a complicated relationship, and you see the man and woman get physical with each other, you will instantly throw yourself in and beat up the male without knowing anything, even while the girl was screaming "OMFG who the fuck are you, leave my boyfriend alone"?
Tell your "instincts" to go back to the 16th century please, Mr. Sexist White Knight.

RicoGrey said:
Can not really say this is mob justice, these people did not go to this guys house with torches in hand, he was in a public place and incited a group of people to attack him.
He didn't incite anything. Words are never enough to incite violence. Ever. All the attackers should go to prision for assault.

RicoGrey said:
I am an Atheist and I have never gone to a church to denounce Christ(or whatever Christians think I would do) because I know the end result would be myself getting assaulted.
So you think Christians will ASSAULT you for denouncing Christ in their church? Hahahahaha, this is the part where my eyes literally rolled out of my skull. I would call you many things but all of those will proabably get me infracted, so I'll just leave you with this: you are completely wrong and misguided about almost everything.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Pfft, regardless of my stance on anything, in every situation like this I'm always against the mob because the mob never needs protecting.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Lionsfan said:
Isn't this the same site that broke the Bus Driver uppercuts a Woman video? They've been finding some good stuff lately

Also, has anything good ever gone down in a Wafflehouse? I feel like if any story has, "And then we went to Wafflehouse, it's gonna end bad"
Well, there was another recorded incident. Dunno if it can be considered good or bad...

So, a whole bunch of dickery and slapping went on? I have one request for all involved...

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
That wasn't a beating, they slapped him.

Slapped.

Who the fuck slaps?
Was just thinking that.

I mean that's just fitting stereotypes. Last homophobe I dealt with had a table kicked at his head > > ah, whisky and rage.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
twistedmic said:
OlasDAlmighty said:

The First Amendment of the US Constitution (aka Freedom of Speech) means that there can be no law passed to limit what a person says, within reason (speech designed to incite violence/riots, death threats and false bomb threats, police or fire reports are not covered).
The First Amendment does not protect someone from catching a beat down, justified or otherwise, for being a colossal prick.
Yeah it does. Being a dick is covered unless it is truly inciting. An argument over the use of the word "******" is NOT inciting anymore than arguing about whether or not a girl is a ***** or not is not inciting.

Most state constitutions also protect people who were gang-beat for no reason, as this guy was. A woman held him up to a wall and slapped him, and he went to slap back, and then they jumped him. Self defense is protected in the majority of states.

Dick or not, his beating was completely unwarranted. The woman at least should be charged with assault for attacking someone without reason.

OT: It's funny to see the gay guys being the complete assholes in this case, considering how often in history it's been the reverse. It's like hearing about white guys being killed or beat by a group of black guys in the city of Detroit (only a forty minute drive from me). It makes me wonder how people can be so pathetic, to be the perpetrators of the same illegal actions that were done against their race/demographic just fifty years ago.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Yeah....this is uncommon to hear about. A straight guy in a Wafflehouse was in a conflict with a group of gay men for using the word "******". After a bit of yelling a he is pushed by a woman and reaches out to slap her. The group of men then proceeds to get beat him up:[link]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3070esatamMh4A1b[/link]

With 'mob justice' and equal rights being kind of popular on the forums recently, I'd like to know your thoughts on the manner.

In my opinion this is weird to comment on. You almost never hear of a person being confronted much less beat up for homophobic remarks.
Here's my issue. The video starts in the middle of the argument which means we don't even know who started acting up. And usually it's not the lone guy who starts acting up against a group (unless totally drunk). I would be inclined to say that the gay persons most likely started it too.

And no offense but they slap like sissies. I think his ego took more damage than his body.

Campaigner

Mar 29, 2009
I don't understand much of blacks version of english when they speak so quickly but from the video what I react at:

Being held at a distance with a gays elbow and NOT pushing it or the guy away - This tells me he did not wanted to get into physical conflict. He didn't feel it was an easy conflict anymore. Can mean he's not sure of his fightingskills. He's fat as well so not surprised.

Crumbling under the bitchslaps - He's unused to figthing, doesn't know what to do and react instinctively by shielding himself.

He's crying or something when he's on the floor - He's ashamed for being slapped down (by gays no less!). He's gonna hear about this one for a loong time....I expect him to bring his brothas and go gaybashing.

OH MY GOD how embarrasing! >_<

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Overreacting much? Yes, I'd say so.

But then again, I defended the bus driver in that other video.... Hm, decisions decisions.