Strange movies to make you cry

Snydeclyde

Jun 23, 2012
Inception,
the bit with Leonardo Dicaprio's character and his wife, got me a bit welled up.

Also Watership Down i remember crying at when i was a kid, that film just freaked me out back then.

Special mentions to Into The Wild, got me sad, not because of the end, but because i was kind of jealous of his awesome journey.

And also Requiem for A Dream for invoking some pretty deep depression by the end of it, felt terrible after watching that film.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
A few scenes in Gettysburg but most prominently the Pickett's charge scene. The one where the charge is failing and Armistead rallies the men by putting his sword through his hat and "Virginians, Virginians with me, who will come with me". It just gets to me since it had to have taken alot of courage to rally those men and rush the copse with so few men left and the union lines still so strong.

OT: Note i'm not a Confederate sympathizer it just the courage of the act really gets to me.

Stephen Wo

Mar 16, 2011
The only movie that really makes me tear up a little (and tear up, not cry), is Les Mis. It's usually at different part each time, but the ones that always will are "I Dreamed a Dream", "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables", ValJean's death, and the final scene.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
x0ny said:
I'm a grown man, and all pixar movies make me cry. Weird thing is, I didn't cry in Toy Story 1 and 2 when I first watched it as a kid.
Same here, nearly all new Disney/Pixar movies are making me cry (Up, Wall-E, Tangled...) even though I didn't have such an emotional response as a child.

Having read the novel, yesterday I watched "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", which made me cry like a little girl.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Inception
When he looks in the safe and finds the pinwheel

Toy story 3
When he gives up his toys

Warrior
When you find out why Tommy is acting like he is, also the end

Last Samurai
When he helps Katsumoto commit seppuku

The ending of a movie called Fluke ( I think ) where a Dad is killed but is reincarnated into the family dog. He reveals to the family of his identity at his grave and I lost it.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I cried at the end of the Dark Knight. It just got to me for some reason. So damn heroic. Other people looked at me weird when we were discussing movies that made you cry over lunch one day and I brought it up.

phatty500

Mar 25, 2009
may or may not be strange but i remember crying at the end of pokemon the first movie.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a comedy that makes fun of dramatic movies about rock stars.

Yet somehow, I ended up breaking into tears during the last musical number "Beautiful Ride".

It wasn't just my state of mind at the time. I watched it again on a different day and still got kinda choked up at that point.

Parkway91

Sep 1, 2011
Never fully come to tears in a film, but the only one ever to get me close to welling up was the furnace scene in Toy Story 3. Holy crap, even after multiple viewings my heart sinks every time. Also the end scene when Andy gives his toys away got me going a little but not as much as the other scene.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
XMark said:
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a comedy that makes fun of dramatic movies about rock stars.

Yet somehow, I ended up breaking into tears during the last musical number "Beautiful Ride".

It wasn't just my state of mind at the time. I watched it again on a different day and still got kinda choked up at that point.
Yeah, that movie makes me choke too.
It's one of my favorites.

Oh and I wasn't expecting to cry when I saw Wreck-it-Ralph, but I did, like a little girl.
Then again when I watched it for a second time.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Braveheart of course, as a proud Scot. Quite a few of the scenes, but mostly it's at the end of the film when the Scots charge at Bannockburn.

Toy Story 3, you know what bit.

Warrior, again, you know the bit at the end.

And yes to various battle scenes in LOTR.

The Thin Red Line, some scenes in that, the beautiful cinematography and deep voiceovers; they get to me.

"WIILLLSOOOOON!", that should be pretty self-explanatory.

At the end of End of Watch.

So many other films. It's the best feeling ever, when you're sobbing away at a film.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
I always get a little teary when Woody says "You're flying!" and Buzz corrects him "I'm falling with style" at the end of Toy Story. The Toy Story movies can get pretty emotive on their own, but I don't think that one bit is scripted to be "emotional". It still is to me.
Nail, head. A lot of folks are mentioning the Pixar staples like Up and Toy Story 2/3, but it's not strange to be moved by them. However, yes, last time I watched the first Toy Story that chase sequence and the "falling with style" bit got me leaking man-tears.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

"I know now why you cry, but it is something I could never do"

WhiteWolfe

Mar 15, 2011
When the main guy in Battle: LA went on the suicide mission at the end, on his own, and then his team all rappeled down the chopper to go with him, I just lost it. Cried so hard. My girlfriend was shocked and all I could do was choke out "They wouldn't leave him". No idea why that movie caused that emotion, tons of other movies have had similar scenes and evoked no response.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Boromir's death in Fellowship of the Ring. I also have an instictive "Sean Bean! Nuuuuh!" reaction when he shows up in movies/TV shows, because you just KNOW they're going to kill him off and make me feel bad again.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Teoes said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I always get a little teary when Woody says "You're flying!" and Buzz corrects him "I'm falling with style" at the end of Toy Story. The Toy Story movies can get pretty emotive on their own, but I don't think that one bit is scripted to be "emotional". It still is to me.
Nail, head. A lot of folks are mentioning the Pixar staples like Up and Toy Story 2/3, but it's not strange to be moved by them. However, yes, last time I watched the first Toy Story that chase sequence and the "falling with style" bit got me leaking man-tears.
Yeah, I guess Pixas movies are kind of obvious to go for. But I always thought that sequence wasn't meant to make you teary.