Strange movies to make you cry

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
HellbirdIV said:
Boromir's death in Fellowship of the Ring. I also have an instictive "Sean Bean! Nuuuuh!" reaction when he shows up in movies/TV shows, because you just KNOW they're going to kill him off and make me feel bad again.
Well it is kind of expected that Sean Bean will die so it never has much effect on me. Have you seen Black Death, it is my favourite Sean Bean movie.

Anoni Mus said:
I'm not a girl so I never cried because of a movie.

But the last movie I saw came close to it, Hatchi. But I don't think it's strange, most people will feel sad too.
Crying in strange movies never ocurred to me, not even close.
It is the internet no one will care if you cried during a movie.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
Toy Story 3, this entire movie makes me sad, I've only seen it once but it is the saddest movie I've ever seen. Specific moment was the conveyor part. That was emotional gold, teared up good there.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
Oh and I wasn't expecting to cry when I saw Wreck-it-Ralph, but I did, like a little girl.
Then again when I watched it for a second time.
I didn't cry like a little girl, but I did cry. That was a cute little movie.

I cry during King Kong, but not during the ending. I cry during the T-Rex fights. I'm getting a little choked up thinking about them right now. I'm not joking, I'm deeply moved during that scene, just the idea of this huge beast protecting something it has no reason to even care about kind of moves me. I have an inkling as to why I do this, but I'll leave it vague purposefully.

I'll also say Popeye, the Robin Williams movie. When I hear, as a one-two combo of "He Needs me" and "Sweepea's Lullaby", I kind of start crying. They are a pair of cute songs.

I cried at the movie Mary and Max at the very end the first time I watched it. I remember crying for something like 5 minutes, bottom lip quivering and everything. The 2nd time, I watched it with my family, and I did the same thing, but much quieter. I suppose it's not a strange movie to make me cry, but it did make me cry, just the same.

There are more, but the rest aren't actually strange movies that made me cry, just movies that make sense when they make me cry.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
'Platoon' makes me emotional/nearly drives me to tears every time I watch it. And it is the only war movie that makes me feel that way.
The foreign film 'Moonchild' is incredibly sad, especially the last half/third of the movie, but just as good.
And I can't bring myself to watch 'The Lion King' and 'Toy Story 3' again, they'd just depress me to damn much.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
Eowyn. Witch King. Sword in face. One liner delivered with furious passion. Me teary, every time.

You go girl. More strong female leads like this please, in which beauty is only secondary to other virtues (and is only made greater because of them).

I hope Aragorn knew what he was missing out on there.

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
Dr.Susse said:
I don't know why but last night I watched the film Seven Psychopaths and got teary at the end.
It is an awesome movie indeed. Don't know if i cried at the end though.

I didn't cry in a lot of movies but I did during "Hero". For spoilery reasons towards the end :)

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Wary Wolf said:
Eowyn. Witch King. Sword in face. One liner delivered with furious passion. Me teary, every time.

You go girl. More strong female leads like this please, in which beauty is only secondary to other virtues (and is only made greater because of them).

I hope Aragorn knew what he was missing out on there.
In the books it was only a phase so she grew out of it and became a proper lady, though.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Well, it should make everyone a little teary eyed, in my opinion, but I'll just leave this here and walk away.

Silent Running.

I was 13 when I watched it with the folks, and even though they told me quietly that this might be a little emotional, I insisted I was soooo tough, I had seen horror films! and shocking video violence! Nothing could phase me.

By the end I had excused myself to the bathroom three times. Just wept like a goon on the toilet. Too beaucoup, man.

Crit to the feels.

Oddly I doubt it would have the same impact on me now.

But you know what?

I'd bring alot of tissues, just in case.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
thaluikhain said:
In the books it was only a phase so she grew out of it and became a proper lady, though.
True, although the book was written 1937. Considering that, its surprising there was such a strong female at all.

One of the few times where the movie improved a book, as now when I read LoTR I look at Eowyn in a completely different light. I'll say I've generally ignored the whole 'I'm a proper lady now' part. Hey, it's escapism. I can pick and choose what I like in my stories ;)

the December King said:
Silent Running.
No shame in that. Very touching piece about the human condition and what makes us human. Sacrifice/redemption generally gets me a bit weepy as well. As long as its done well.