Strange things you can do (no one believes)

Setsuri21

Nov 30, 2009
k-ossuburb said:
Lilitu said:
k-ossuburb said:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Check it out, I've got the exact same thing! :D

Together we could fight crime and evil! Nobody could withstand the double-icky-thumb! :D
The funny thing is yours is on your right, mine is on my left. Just out of curiosity, are you right-handed? Because I'm left handed, maybe this has something to do with early development.
I can do that with both hands. I suspect it may have something to do with being Ambidextrous.

The SettingSun

Oct 4, 2010
binnsyboy said:
I don't get hangovers, whatsoever.

I have random moments of precognition.

Examples: It was easter, at my grandparent's, and my cousin, who was too young to actually remember numbers properly was counting her easter eggs. A random number pattern came into my head, something like "1,2,4,8,12" a few seconds later, she counted out those exact numbers (and was then corrected by my sister)

I was in a car, with a drink balanced on the dashboard (fortunately it had a lid) I was playing on my gameboy when I, half aware of what I was doing, stuck my hand out. A few seconds later, we went over a bump and the cup fell safely into my hand.

I was speaking to my friend on msn. I asked what level his character was on an RPG game. I just murmured to myself "32", and that was the number he posted.

I was on holiday with family and friends. It was dark, and we were at the docks. We heard one of the kids running along the docks, right to where the jagged rocks were. Me and another guy sprinted along the docks, but there were these local fishermen untangling some line. It was stretched across the width of the dock in a tangled mess and we couldn't see for the dark. My friend came to a halt, but I jumped on a split reaction and went through a small gap in the net a few feet in the air.
I wondered whether precognition was actually true because if it is I definitely had it when i was younger. I remember one time when I'd been talking to a guy at school and he really annoyed me. Now he'd never phoned me before but I was lying in bed one Saturday morning and the phone started ringing and I thought to myself "Go away Patrick" and I knew it was him. I heard my Dad answer the phone and when i got up around an hour later he told me that Patrick had phoned. I've had similar experiences though they've kinda stopped now.

Groovy Dan

Jun 14, 2011
I have color synesthesia. My family knows I have it but my friends don't even think it's a real thing. I can also make complete 3D models very quickly in my head, of anything. But that's hard thing to prove.

Flyingchciken93

Apr 21, 2011
No one believes me but i can creae matter from empty air, also i can change matter into energy and manipulate it to create different matter

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Quaxar said:
Raognerrrm said:
I can imagine 7 dimensions.
This one is very hard to prove.
It also makes my brain hurt.
Heh, meet super string theory.

mikev7.0 said:
Scabadus said:
GamerPhate said:
I held 2 cells and drank some normal bottled water that I had tachyonized for a few hours.
How, exactly, do you go about 'tachyonising' a bottle of water? Because I doubt it's very healthy for you, that high you're feeling may just be radiation poisoning.

GamerPhate said:
Tachyon particles are SOOO small and go soo fast (THROUGH the earth's molicule gaps at NEAR the speed of light or faster) we don't have machines sophisticated enough to measure these particles. Perhaps when they built something smaller than a nano-meter or something that day will come.
Oh dear we've made a whoopsie. Tachyons are quantum particles, existing both as physical objects and electromagnetic waveforms depending on if they're observed. That being said, even while existing as particles they don't travel by speed in the same way we do, they exist as probability fields. However even with that, we as a race do have the ability to detect quantum particles, both using our eyes (light photons are quantum particles) and devices like photometres and colourometeres. Tachyons, on the other hand, violate many principles of current universal physics theories and very likely can't be detected because they don't exist.

Of course you'd know all of this if you just read the wikipedia page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon], which I really recomend you do in future before irradiating yourself or wasting thousands of [your currancy here] trying to detect something that's already being looked for by qualified scientists with millian dollar budgets.
Okay I thought a Tachyon was a subatomic particle that can break the speed of light but only in a vacuum? So how are you creating a vacuum for all this "tachyonising" or how do you do it? I also thought that a research group from Austrailia named KANGAROO (not kidding, that's what they call themselves) did discover it and although it's true that the human eye (when adapted to the dark) can detect a photon, I don't think you would see something traveling faster than 186,000 miles per second. Lastly, did you mean whether light is a wave or particle depends on HOW it's observed? Sorry that first bit confused me. This is why Wikipedia is NOT equal to a library.
Alright, let me clear things up a bit. Or so I hope.

A Tachyon is a theoretical particle moving faster than the speed of light. We can't disprove that detect a Tachyon and probably never will because even if it exists it probably doesn't interact with sub-lightspeed particles. And if it does we still need bigger and better detectors.

Creating a vacuum isn't the problem, I mean you just have to suck the air out of an airtight vessel but I call BS on the "tachyonizing" part as shown in the last paragraph.

Aaaand... I'm not sure I know this photon detection experiment. Google to the rescue!

But I can help you with the ol' particle-wave-problem.
See, light is a strange thing. It's not totally wave but not totally particle, sometimes it uses features of a wave, sometimes of a particle.
For example looking at the <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment>double-slit experiment it behaves like a wave, meaning we can see interference like when you throw two stones into the water next to each other.
On the other hand do waves need a medium to travel through (sound waves, for example, can't exist in a vacuum) but light still passes the emptiness of space.

I could go on but I think I'll leave you there for now. Though feel free to ask, I have way too many hard physic books here. I can talk about anything.
Right. That was exactly what I meant about light. Whether or not it is a wave or a particle depends on HOW it's observed.

It's this bit from Paul Davies: "About Time" that gets me confused about Tachyons I think, Mr. Davies is talking about the CANGAROO experiments: "Some of the eletrically charged particles involved in these showers (the ones they were studying) move at very close indeed to the speed of light. In fact, they actually move FASTER than light moves through the air. This is an important point. The theory of relativity forbids a subatomic particle from going faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. But light travels more slowly in air, so it is possible for a nuclear particle, which may be slowed only slightly by the air, to be superluminal in the atmosphere. If the particle is electrically charged, it creates a sort of electromagnetic shock wave, a little bit like a sonic boom, but with light instead of sound. The light is known as "Cherenkov radiation."

Now the OP had talked about them as if Tachyons were bottled and available as pratically a Slurpee flavor, but I'm just saying that they've been discovered and do exist. If I'm wrong about that then so is this book and I want to know the truth. This is important (as is later explained in the book) because if it's true than it means that at the very least signals could be sent to the past/from the future as well as it has huge paradoxical implications for physics as a whole.

Lilitu

Feb 22, 2011
warrcry13 said:
I can do that with my left thumb. Laos to a lesser extent my right thumb, but not really as well and to do it I have to push it. I'm right handed, are you by chance left handed?
That makes a trio of icky-thumbs together with k-ossuburb.
I am right-handed too, but k-ossuburb is lefthanded.

k-ossuburb said:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Check it out, I've got the exact same thing! :D

We gonna rule the world! ;D

IxHADOUKENxI

Dec 24, 2010
The only thing like this I can do is...something that not many other Blokes can do without the removal of several Ribs....

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
I can think of a route in my head almost instantainiously, Like when I'm in the car, or when I'm walking, I see miles and miles ahead of me and traverse them mentally in an instant. Then I know my exact route to the area, and then I go.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
IxHADOUKENxI said:
The only thing like this I can do is...something that not many other Blokes can do without the removal of several Ribs....
You can play the cello with your feet?! Damn, that's impressive (I mean, what else you could you possibly be implying).

As for me, not many people I know can wiggle their ears...so there's that.

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
I can tell the future when I don't want to. I saw an image of a smiling person I didn't know when I was 9. I was distracted and knocked a cup, attracting the attention of my freinds dad, who looked idetical to the person from my vision, telling me that next time he would kill me. In the middle of an exam I thought ''You are retiring''. It turns out my principle was retiring that year. Latley, it's been quiet.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I can argue a computer virus into deleting itself.

Pretty damn handy when you're on the internet 50 hours a week.

YunaChi

May 25, 2011
I can link my hands together and bring them around to my back by going over my head without letting go. I used to be able to make a complete circle but then I got hips. I've never met anyone else who could do this and it kinda grosses some people out.

Dusquad

Sep 3, 2009
kouriichi said:
I can predict the future when i sleep.

Ive won the Michigan Lottery's Daily 3 and 4 number draws 8 times using numbers i pulled from my sleep.

On one occasion even, i woke up and wanted to learn how to play guitar((i had a dream about being an awesome bass player, get off my back.)). So the next day i went out and purchased a guitar and amp.
I remembered the number on the recite from my dream ((the license plate on the back of my solid gold hummer)), so i played it in the daily 3, and hit it straight for $5000 before tax. Thanks to it, i was able to take guitar lessons, purchase a better guitar and amp, and take a vacation to Las Vegas. ((I didnt gamble though, just spent it in strip clubs))

I was also able to predict my uncle getting in a car accident when he was taking his girlfriend to the airport. In my dream he hit a truck head on because the icy road caused it to slide into him. When i told him about this he just laughed it off and said i wasnt getting rid of him that easily. Later that day when he was taking her, he managed to swerve to the right at the last minute and just go into a ditch instead of getting plowed head on.

Needless to say ive been able to mess with him since then.
Irrelevant to most of what you said but I live in Michigan (as well?).

OT: I wouldn't call this an ability but I can "rotate" my memories so as to view them from third person, even stuff I didn't see. It is probably just my extreme awareness (like abnormally aware), imagination, and guess work.

Also when I read a book or something like that, the words appear in my head as if a very proper English man were reading the book to me. It is kinda odd and at first I thought I was crazy but now it has become very relaxing. Apparently it's normal to "hear" your own voice but not someone else and it is supposed to hamper the speed at which you read, but I am an extremely fast reader. So that's me, I make up bits of my memory and have an English voice in my head. Take from that what you will.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Servallier said:
I can create detailed 3D models of places in my head, not just thinking about what it looks like, but actually being able to rotate it, follow it, find obstacles etc, after i've been round a place maybe once or twice, i can go through it with my eyes shut. It's pretty useful.
I'll believe that, because I can do something similar. I have very good sense of spatial coordinates.

However, I do this thing I call 'broadcasting,' in which I pump all sorts of energy into my mind. I can feel my mind opening up, and I can sense things all around me up to at least fifty feet, if I had to put a number on it. When I do it, I can pick up emotions from people and places. I use it all the time to tell if a place is good or bad. Call me crazy if you want, I'll just ignore you.

Tsuki Akechi

Feb 20, 2011
I can tell when the water fountains become cold during the day at my school.
Also, I can tell if somebody's a jerk by looking into their eyes.

squeekenator

Dec 23, 2008
ragestreet said:
I can apologize and admit when I'm wrong on the internet.
Dude, the stuff about ESP and precognition seems a bit unrealistic, but you're clearly just making crap up. At least pretend to take this thread seriously.

But on a more serious note, this thread needs a healthy dose of science. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias]

gred

Aug 22, 2008
I can turn my feet 180 degrees, when I tell people about it they usually say 'You lie' followed by 'ewwwww' when I prove them wrong.