Strange things you've done in games.

shadow.humper

Jan 13, 2012
shadyh8er said:
I respond to what pedestrians tell me in InFamous.

Example:

Pedestrian: "You've got to heal this person!"

Me: "Ok, calm down, point me in the direction."

Another one:

Ped: "I wanna have your baby!"

Me: "Uh, yeah, I just got out a relationship, sooo...."
What part of this is strange?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
In Deus Ex, Human Revolution, I only went for headshots on non-bosses and non-lethal takedowns. Why? I don't know.

In Oblivion, I joined the dark brotherhood. Whenever I killed, I'd grab the first item I saw, and put it in their inventory. I'd remove the rest of the stuff and put it somewhere else. So a lot of people had forks and plates left on them after the murder. T'was quite fun The reason I did it? I wanted to show that by all these killings, I could get up close and personal, and be able to be un-detected enough to have time to mess with their inventory.

Heinrich843

Apr 1, 2009
Well, not I, but still worth mentioning.

During ArmA 2 co-operational campaign, a friend ran and dove into a mass grave yelling "MMM MASS GRAVES", and proceeded to roll around in it.

shadow.humper

Jan 13, 2012
Heinrich843 said:
Well, not I, but still worth mentioning.

During ArmA 2 co-operational campaign, a friend ran and dove into a mass grave yelling "MMM MASS GRAVES", and proceeded to roll around in it.
Whats so strange about that? Haven't you ever eaten graveyard dirt? The bigger the graveyard, the better quality of the soil.
Joking aside, that made me lol.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
I don't know if this is qualified as strange or not, but rather something I discovered on my own.

In Mass Effect 2, upon completing most missions/side-missions, you are teleported back to the Normandy in front of the Galaxy selection map. If you move away from it Kelly Chambers, nearby, will often say "Commander, you have a new message at your private terminal."

Upon discovering this, I decided to out her as a liar.

So what I did was, after finishing a mission and appearing in front of the Galaxy Map, I would check my messages at the terminal. I would angle my camera just right at the terminal and open it up WITHOUT MOVING from my spot. As soon as I finished checking, I would move away and hear Kelly say "Commander, you have a new message at you private terminal." even though my new messages were already read.

Whereupon I would say, "Kelly Chambers...YOU'RE A GODDAMN LIAR!"

Not really weird at all though, technically.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
Tohuvabohu said:
Skyrim:

Early on in the game, I ran across those wandering 4 or 5 Thalmor goons who began to berate me on my beliefs and all that hogwash. I picked a fight with all them and managed to win, barely.

I continued onward until I ran across an Orc surrounded by corpses of large saber cats. He told me that he was an old warrior, and past his prime. He didn't wish to live the rest of his life in decline, and wished to have a worthy opponent to die against.

So we battled, and the old orc was one tough bastard. But I finally managed to kill him with one last arrow shot through the chest.

Out of respect for the balls this Orc had to seek a glorious and painful death. I dragged his body and propped it up against a rock, arrow sticking out of his chest. Laid his bloody weapon and shield next to him. Then dragged the bodies of the saber cats and Thalmor goons and left them around him. So his Orc friends will know that he did not go down like a *****.

i commend you for that good sir. my hat is off to you.

OT: in the smackdown vs raw 2010 video game i come up with my own storylines and commentary on the matches while playing random matches.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I absoutely must trample any and all opposition. In Arkham City for instance, I go out of my way to fight armed guards. It takes time, and it's risky (somewhat), but I just have to do it, because god damnit, don't you wave yer guns at me! Strangely enough, I tend to ignore unarmed enemies.
In other games, if I come across a foe I can't reasonaby defeat and could easiy bypass, I still have to fight them. Like in Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, in Merc Alley B. That ambush cost me 6 tries, and in the end I survived with my 'mech in critica condition, and the rest of my lance destroyed (not dead, luckily). I didn't manage to salvage the enemy Assault 'mech, the weapons I got were shit, and I had no use for a wrecked Argus. But it was oh so worth it. (and your job is actually to run the fuck away)

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
In Oblivion, after completing "Imperial Corruption" and getting attacked by and killing Audens Avidius, I decided to stuff his body into an open barrel. I was wrestling with the game's physics for quite awhile until I was successful, but it was worth it.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
shadow.humper said:
shadyh8er said:
I respond to what pedestrians tell me in InFamous.

Example:

Pedestrian: "You've got to heal this person!"

Me: "Ok, calm down, point me in the direction."

Another one:

Ped: "I wanna have your baby!"

Me: "Uh, yeah, I just got out a relationship, sooo...."
I answer out loud, and with a completely straight face like if it's real. It's weird to me anyways.

Zx30

Oct 4, 2011
Something I like to do in Skyrim(began in Oblivion) is steal people's pants after I kill them. Everytime I do it, I always say "The pants bandit strikes again!" And run off.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
In Fallout 3, like many people seem to do, I was a hoarder but I didn't collect only teddy bears or pre-war money or hats, oh no, I collected EVERYTHING. The house looked like a freaking mess after some time (I just threw everything around with the intention of causing mentioned mess) and it got so laggy that I gathered everything, sold it all which required me to sleep through several ingame days, and started it all over again.

Now the funny thing is, I did this because I envisioned my character as crazy as possible. What I forgot about it, was that at the beginning I gave it a name I found in an Ocean's Eleven parody picture, just out of random. The name was HORDOR (whose vocabulary consists only of the word HORDOR), and when I realised what I did, I almost fell down from my armchair laughing.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Blablahb said:
@Blablahb
I don't think ad hominem attacks and the such are the right way to go about expressing your opinion. If you laid out your ideas in a more friendly way, others would be more receptive to them and thus more likely to engage in educational discourse.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I feel the urge to smash apart every dead body I make or find with my Rebar club in New Vegas.

I do not stop until it is completely mush.

shadow.humper

Jan 13, 2012
shadyh8er said:
shadow.humper said:
I answer out loud, and with a completely straight face like if it's real. It's weird to me anyways.
I do this all the time too, so I didn't think it was so weird. Do you do this with Skyrim?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I did the same thing with Victor in Fallout: New Vegas. I was at Goodsprings Graveyard and out in the distance, I see Vic get killed by a group of radscorpions. So I go over to him, pick him up, and drag him all the way back to the graveyard and put him in one. Problem is that he's significantly larger than a person, so half of him is sticking out of this grave. Sideways. I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Skyrim story:
You know those guards in Solitude that are practicing their archery (even though only one of them is actually firing)? If you time it right, you can get hit by their arrows when you run in. It's pretty funny because those arrows do no damage since their not meant to hit the player.
shoulder and just look at it and say: "Barely felt it."

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
Used god-mode on fallout new vegas, and used the Archimedes gun on EVERY person/robot/creature miscellaneous monster I came across outside.The weapon itself crashed after about the 49th blast.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Tohuvabohu said:
I kinda do that too, in Red Dead. I also dont like doing missions during the night, so i would just bum around in the dark until daybreak.

Another thing i love doing

At the end of the day in the game, i will ride to the nearest high point, with the setting sun as my backdrop, point my camera sideways and rear my horse. The Kentucky Saddler (gold) and the American standardbred (black) captures the moment very well.