Street Fighter VI - 3rd Strike Times Two.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So... how are we all doing with the game so far?
Of course I stepped away to play FF16 but now I gotta think about how to deal with SF6.

I finished World Tour and I grind mastery ranks while listening to podcasts/streams etc.
But in terms of real gameplay, the matches... man, my last attempts with Chun Li classic were so disheartening. I really was having trouble reading enemy actions, so my problem isn't even the control type or whatever.

I also decided that I do NOT like playing with the Hori fight controller. It just feels so light and flimsy and the thing that people like about- the d-pad that has a more "clicky" input- makes my thumb weary and it just doesn't feel good. So I'm going back to the PS5 dualsense, which people hate, but I'm gonna try it.

I think also just to make my life a little simpler I'm gonna stick with modern controls for a while. It's how I played World Tour. It also means I can't justify using Chun Li with modern so I'll switch to Kimberly, my favorite of the new characters. I'm thinking that with modern controls I can more comfortably execute her shadow dash and other ninja style specials and allow me to just focus on rush-downs and tactics.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So... how are we all doing with the game so far?
Of course I stepped away to play FF16 but now I gotta think about how to deal with SF6.

I finished World Tour and I grind mastery ranks while listening to podcasts/streams etc.
But in terms of real gameplay, the matches... man, my last attempts with Chun Li classic were so disheartening. I really was having trouble reading enemy actions, so my problem isn't even the control type or whatever.

I also decided that I do NOT like playing with the Hori fight controller. It just feels so light and flimsy and the thing that people like about- the d-pad that has a more "clicky" input- makes my thumb weary and it just doesn't feel good. So I'm going back to the PS5 dualsense, which people hate, but I'm gonna try it.

I think also just to make my life a little simpler I'm gonna stick with modern controls for a while. It's how I played World Tour. It also means I can't justify using Chun Li with modern so I'll switch to Kimberly, my favorite of the new characters. I'm thinking that with modern controls I can more comfortably execute her shadow dash and other ninja style specials and allow me to just focus on rush-downs and tactics.
I'm still taking a break from world tour, and mainly doing the characters' arcade modes. I'll try to finish it up at some point, but I'm going to have to grind like crazy in WT.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I finally unlocked Manon as a master. I didn't realize I could do so during Mission 7. Oh well. I am going to grind for a while, so I can be over leveled finish this mode.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Got back into this after a long ffxvi break. I still remember all my good stuff. I was fighting this Ryu whom I knew from Blazblue from like 10 years ago which was awesome, we randomly ran into eachother in the hub. But like 7 games in his controller broke and he just stopped moving, and then he had to go XD. Jamie's too intense, he must have been hitting these buttons like his life depended on it.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
What the hell I'm still figuring out how to not get murdered in the corner every match and they're putting out new characters..

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
What the hell I'm still figuring out how to not get murdered in the corner every match and they're putting out new characters..
You never figure that out fully, what you figure is how not to end up cornered in the first place.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Oh nice, Max has a review out! I've been loving the game, the only drawback for me is that because ranked is region locked for some dumb reason, I only get matched with other people in NZ, which would be fine if we had a much larger population...

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Yeah I was a total nonfan of SF but I like 6. It seems like whoever was doing the latter years of sf5 which improved it a lot (allegedly) was allowed to take full control of this game from the start concept of it so it ended up great.

Oh nice, Max has a review out! I've been loving the game, the only drawback for me is that because ranked is region locked for some dumb reason, I only get matched with other people in NZ, which would be fine if we had a much larger population...
Play in hub rooms of different nations, you won't get ranks for it but you get a greater variety of matches which is what should count haha.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
What stood out to me the most was the top comment, saying that while it's definitely too early to call 6 the best Street Fighter ever, that people aren't dismissing the idea out of hand says all you need to know.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What stood out to me the most was the top comment, saying that while it's definitely too early to call 6 the best Street Fighter ever, that people aren't dismissing the idea out of hand says all you need to know.
Considering how SF6 is 3rd Strike (it's in the forum title!), but even better, it would not surprise me. I've gotten more play time out of this than IV or V. As much as I love IV, even I got tired of it halfway before SSIV: AE was released. Season Passes and DLC aside, this is the best SF in a long time!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah I was a total nonfan of SF but I like 6. It seems like whoever was doing the latter years of sf5 which improved it a lot (allegedly) was allowed to take full control of this game from the start concept of it so it ended up great.

Play in hub rooms of different nations, you won't get ranks for it but you get a greater variety of matches which is what should count haha.
Ranked is the best way to get oppoents close to my skill level though, but yeah, I might have to look into where my fellow oceania people hang out.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Ranked is the best way to get oppoents close to my skill level though, but yeah, I might have to look into where my fellow oceania people hang out.
I typically wanna fight people above my skill level so I'll improve which is why I like the hub, if you don't wanna have to fight anyone not around your skill level then yeah ranked is the thing you need. In my experience competitively though it's more realistic to fight people all over the skill spectrum when you're at a local gathering or tourney so I like that.