Stuff everyone else loves that you hate

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Oh i forgot.
I will probably get someone hating on me for this.

I FUCKING HATE THE DARK KNIGHT, i still think the original Batman was a million times better.
Heath Ledger is no even quarter as good as Jack Nicholson.

RedDiablo

Nov 8, 2008
Generally any TV show these days. I have better things to do than follow some actors around in 30 minute shows. I never caught on Anime and Manga. Despite the fact I'm Asian, I dislike M&A. They just seem so boring and copy and paste.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
The new singer in Nightwish, ear lobe piercings (okay, I don't hate them, but they weird me out), LoZ:Wind Waker..

.. I think there's more. But oh well.

Mokinokaro

Just plain crazy
Mar 27, 2009
Halo
Twilight and the wannabe "vampires" it has spawned. Thankfully I'm long finished school so I don't have to deal with that group.
Counterstrike
Arrested Development
Lost
Most modern pop/rock music
Rabid anime fans (they make the rest of us look bad)
Evangelion and its fans (see above)
Apple products (the smug of their owners is choking me)

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
FACEBOOK! My friends bug me all of the time to get it (just so they can tag me in pictures...)

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
I love these threads - it's great to say how you hate intensely dislike anything you want, and not get flamed for it. That's a real testament to the maturity of the Escapist community. Now all we need is an Escapist Anthem... so many possibilities.

Anyway, I loathe/don't understand...

- Pickles in burgers. Nobody I have ever known actually eats the green fuckers, so why do they keep putting them in?

- Bacon. I really dislike the taste, although the smell is quite nice. I do understand why people love it though.

- People who say I have bad taste in music... although I enjoy a massive range of music. *shakes fist*

- Kanye West. He's such a bastard, why do so many people like him? Sure, he makes good music, but that doesn't justify being a total prick.

- Cellphones with picture/video recording technology and internet access. It's a damned phone! You've already got your blasted texting, and calling.

Damn youngin's! *waves cane in general direction of nogoodniks*

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
90% of MMOs.
The Grand Theft Auto series.
Beer (give me vodka and cranberry juice any day).
Crank calls.
99.9% of rap (Coolio and Ice T redeem it).
Religious zeal.
Crtl+Alt+Del, the webcomic.
Wind.
People who insist "crank calls" is not a real term and go on to correct me with "prank calls" and respond to my question of, "Then why is the show called Crank Yankers?" with a random and utterly pitiful insult like, "because you bleed corn syrup!" and then run off laughing uncontrollably at themselves. (I'm not even kidding about the corn syrup thing).

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Vrex360 said:
Inverse Skies said:
Modern Music - Give me classical music all the way. I love it.
I love it too
Agreed: Wagner's Ring Cycle, Beethoven's Ode to Joy in Symph 9, Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King, and Gustav Holst's The Planets... all brilliant. Modern music can't hold a candle to it.

Punainen

Mar 30, 2009
I hate Scrubs also... I also hate Disney and Spongebob and The Divinchi Code (yeah, I know I can't spell it).

I hate Naruto and platform games. I hate the government and our current president.