Stuff you couldn't get away with in 2020

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
Disney probably couldn't get away with this being in the Live Action Peter Pan.

Problem is what the hell is the plan going to be? Cut out all the native Americans entirely and get attacked for erasing representation?
I never understood the term redskin being associated with Indians. They are brown people.

Dalisclock

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
United States
I never understood the term redskin being associated with Indians. They are brown people.
Well, they also have nothing to do with India but since Europeans in the 15th century though anything East and West of Europe(and the near east) was basically INDIA, the name somehow stuck long after everyone realized the American were a totally separate hemisphere, let alone continents.

So really it's a bunch of stupid naming conventions that somehow stuck.

Kinda like how Eastern Asia got dubbed Oriental but Europe/Americas isn't Occidental, for reasons.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was talking to my dad on the phone today, and he was tell me he watched a documentary about Bob Marley.

"You know who would be a great actor for a Bob Marley bio-pic? That Pineapple Express guy...what's his name? James Franco, but in black face. It would be perfect."
Yeah, your dad can screw off of that.

I was surprised by this when it first aired.

The battering ram part was one of my favorite gags in the show.

That show is fuckin' weird.
I still say Invader Zim and Rocko had weirder moments. I admit, I have a hard time going back to the fairly oddparents, because a lot of the characters are just playing jackasses and they only got worse as the seasons went on. Dan Hartman really lost his touch too. It was not helping either.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
Minerva Mink, Jessica Rabbit, and Hello Nurse.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
Jokes in general. Almost anything fun is not allowed.