Stuff you watched as a kid.....but cant remember

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ok theres this show I onced watched as a kid and if anyone can remember it then...yeah

I watched in on ABC kids (Australian) it was a british show Im pretty sure

so essentially the setting was post-apocalyptic (live action)...not sure exactally but the chrachters refer to an event called "the drowing" so probably global warming and rising sea tempuratures (but before the whole global warming craze)

oh and some people have phychic powers (as you do) for whatever reason

the main charaters were a group of kids/young people...I can only vaugly remember the two main kids..one was a girl called "Milee" or somthing, she was important in that I think her powers were unique/and or powerful (she did this thing called "flipping" whcih turned things inside out)...and her younger brother who I think also had powers

anyway I think aparently peopel with powers are "illigal" or somthing, hence why the kids are sort of "on the move" and why milee was important, there was some aurthority looking for them

I can only remember two episodes

one was where they came across some crazy women..they stay at her house, turns out she worked for some scientist/genious...and who shows them "virtual" reality from "before" the drowning....excpet turns out shes a robot and she goes batshit insane when thye try and leave becuase she cant understand why they would want to live in the current world (she had an eyepatch which covered a "charging" socket in her eye)

the other (which looking back now) was a VERY obvious drug warning, they are around soem markets, theres this other kid who buys "magic" from this strange guy which igves you cool powers...it come in the form of colurful shiny bandids which leave marks after they are used up (which happen to look like track marks..I wonder why)

anyway the main charachters younger borther gets into it...blah blah stuff happens and the message is dont do drugs (well ok it wasnt that heavy handed)

so yeah..from memory it was quite dark for a kids show..and had a "semi" realistic post-apocalyptic feel (unlike some other bizare new zealand show where a bunch of kids go fully tribal)...dont know how it would hold up If i watched it again..so yeah it was weird

that was mine..whats yours?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
There was this anime that came on Toonami from Cartoonnetwork. The main character has a blue lightsaber type thing. Theirs also a dead chick whose pet rabbit changes to a space ship.

Toy Master Typhus

Oct 20, 2011
@Shadowstar38 That was tenchi muyo.

There was an anime from Toonami also on Cartoonnetwork (No suprise there) about a bunch of samurai, they were color coded with the red one being the leader, and during season 2 i think they combined to be this white samurai on a horse with a witchblade/two swords combined at the hilt.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Toy Master Typhus said:

There was an anime from Toonami also on Cartoonnetwork (No suprise there) about a bunch of samurai, they were color coded with the red one being the leader, and during season 2 i think they combined to be this white samurai on a horse with a witchblade/two swords combined at the hilt.
That is one funked up description. I cannot begin to tell you what that was.

I remember most cartoons I have seen throughout my life. It keeps me on my toes. One moment I can't remember the main plot of DangerMouse, the next I find myself with the entire series on DVD wondering why I bought it. Oh, now I remember... It's because DangerMouse rules. Count Duckula is next.

Though I do admit that I occasionally forget a game I played as a kid. I went the longest time not knowing the name of Joust. It pays to keep your games.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
Toy Master Typhus said:

I think you might be talking about a show called Ronin Warriors.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Okay, here's a good one. It was on Nickelodeon, and it was live-action. It was about these kids with psychic powers, except they could teleport for some reason. And they could see into the future... or maybe just the present, I can't really remember. And they were trying to save the world from... something.

And I think they were always on the run, so they wouldn't be discovered. Not the best explaination, but that's all I can really remember about the show.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I generally remember the names of most cartoons I watched as a kid, but there was this show that was like ReBoot meets Transfromers, where these good guys and bad guys jump out of cyberspace and into the real world where they turn household objects into transforming vehicles, and for the life of my I can't remember the name. I do remember there was this one part where the leader of the good guys stares at a hanging toy space shuttle while the camara slowly zooms in on it and BANG, it shows the bad guy leader inside laughing revealing it's a trap. That part always scared me as a kid.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
So is this going to be another Candle Cove derailed thread?!

OT: To be honest, I don't have any. At least, none that I can remember!

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
There was this one I remember from when Toon Disney was around. It played at, like 10 so it was rare for me to watch it (I was pretty in second grade, so I went to bed at 9), but I remember a few details about it.

The main character had purple hair and wore a gold suit of armor. He traveled with some princess and a giant cat... thing. It had some weird mechanic that used cards to transform into more powerful versions of themselves. Think seasons 3 and 4 of Digimon rolled into one.

Also, hover disk. The main character had a disc thing he would ride around on.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I think the show you're talking about is called The Tribe. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tribe_%28TV_series%29]

hellobanana

Nov 22, 2011
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
There was this one I remember from when Toon Disney was around. It played at, like 10 so it was rare for me to watch it (I was pretty in second grade, so I went to bed at 9), but I remember a few details about it.

The main character had purple hair and wore a gold suit of armor. He traveled with some princess and a giant cat... thing. It had some weird mechanic that used cards to transform into more powerful versions of themselves. Think seasons 3 and 4 of Digimon rolled into one.

Also, hover disk. The main character had a disc thing he would ride around on.

I think you're talking about Shinzo [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinzo]. I keep forgetting the name of that show, even though I loved it when I was younger.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Shadowstar38 said:
There was this anime that came on Toonami from Cartoonnetwork. The main character has a blue lightsaber type thing. Theirs also a dead chick whose pet rabbit changes to a space ship.
That would be Tenchi Muyo, my friend. There's also Tenchi in Tokyo as well.

Toy Master Typhus

Oct 20, 2011
Another show i can't seem to remember from toonami is one about 10 androids. They all wore these red suits with white and black trimmings and i remember their first enemy being called androids 11+ and 11- because their power was relative to a battery system.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I remember an anime that used to air on fox kids(I think) that had mechas and a guy with angel wings. It seemed to take place in a victorian style capital, and the last episode that I vaguely remember was of two girls staking out a enemy camp when one of them catches a lizard by its tail. When the lizard separated from its tail, the girls freaked out and were attacked by a guy in armor with a sword. And this all happend in a desert.

Sorry for the vaugeness.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Toy Master Typhus said:
Another show i can't seem to remember from toonami is one about 10 androids. They all wore these red suits with white and black trimmings and i remember their first enemy being called androids 11+ and 11- because their power was relative to a battery system.
Cyborg 009, it's based off an old manga if I remember correctly.

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
I generally remember the names of most cartoons I watched as a kid, but there was this show that was like ReBoot meets Transfromers, where these good guys and bad guys jump out of cyberspace and into the real world where they turn household objects into transforming vehicles, and for the life of my I can't remember the name.
I came to this topic hoping to find the answer to this very show. I've actually been wondering this for a few years. All I can remember is that it was more like power rangers then transformers since it was all live action with cheesy effects but maybe where thinking of two diff shows.

From a quick search of keywords all I can find is VR Troppers but I know it's not this show just by watching its intro on youtube. Any help by anyone reading this would be greatly appreciated, I don't want a brain tumor over a show from the 90s.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Toy Master Typhus said:
Look up Cyborg 009. Very oldschool cartoon that CartoonNetwork gave a brief showing of , then never released all the episodes on Dvd.

venatus

Aug 11, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Okay, here's a good one. It was on Nickelodeon, and it was live-action. It was about these kids with psychic powers, except they could teleport for some reason. And they could see into the future... or maybe just the present, I can't really remember. And they were trying to save the world from... something.

And I think they were always on the run, so they wouldn't be discovered. Not the best explaination, but that's all I can really remember about the show.
I think your talking about "the tomorrow people" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People#1990s_series

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Leemaster777 said:

The Tomorrow People. Loved that show so much

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I know I watched Digimon, but I can't remember anything about it except a few moments. One was when a little orange one or something evolved, I think it was owned by the smallest kid, and I remember the finale, but almost nothing specific.

Hi, Calumon.