Stupidist things youve heard people say

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Terminate421 said:
"Pokemon is for little kids!" *goes back to playing Cawadoohteh black ops 2, and is 14*

"Nintendo are running out of ideas of Pokemon, face it, Pokemon died after the (insert any generation here)"

"Halo is exactly like any other shooty game" (this came from someone on this site)

"All fps are the same"

"Bethesda have never made a good game"

Those are all opinions, disagreeing with them doesn't make them stupid.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard "Didn't we already survive the nuclear holocaust?". A guy I knew thought the cold war was another name for a nuclear war, and that the Nevada desert was a scar left behind by a soviet bomb. He wasn't joking.

ploppytheman

May 15, 2010
Anything a feminist or other liberal has ever said, well not everything, like please pass the salt, but everything besides that.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Aah, the classic "I'm not unliterate," I will never get over. That just had me cracking up!

Euskalduna

Oct 15, 2011
I cannot remember exactly what she said, but one of my classmates told out teacher being a homosexual is a race. I explained it to her and she understood, but still.

EDIT: Nnnnnnope, she still actually thinks that homosexuals are now not just from a different race, but now it's SPECIES. With that stupidity, I wish I was from a different species just to distance myelf from her.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Heard this one today while the teacher was talking about some guy. He was explaining what a stroke was.

Teacher: "Since your brain can't get any blood, it's starved of oxygen and basically starts dying."
Kid: "Oh so if you were to bathe in blood you'd live!"

My teacher is a pretty sarcastic guy so he just responds
"Yeah sure, why don't you try it out yourself?"

This is Junior Year in highschool. Then again judging from other posts, it seems a lot of stupid things are said in highschool.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
I immediately thought of about three political conversations I've had with friends, but I'll spare everyone and leave the horrible pseudo-intellectual American politics discussions for another thread.

I overheard someone asking about whether or not the movie Lincoln was based on real events or not, in my United States history class too. . .

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
First: "Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings!?!?!?" - Random Girl at Target.

Second: This woman actually tried to convince me (a guy with a degree in IT) that Obama has a button on his desk that he can push that will turn off the Internet.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Aaron Sylvester said:
There are a number of people out there who firmly believe that the human eye cannot tell the difference between 30 fps, 60 fps or 120 fps (fps = frames per second or framerate) when it comes to watching videos or even playing videogames.

So I'll still keep this "30 fps myth" at the back of my mind as one of the stupidest things people can say, and one of the stupidest arguments one can make. Having used a 120hz monitor over the past year, the difference is so mind-blowingly obvious it's not even funny :p
How s this possible to believe? YOU CAN OBSERVE THE DIFFERENCE RIGHT <link=http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html>HERE.

;__;

OT: "Did I hurt his feelings?" -said immediately after telling someone that they had no value and should die

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Kushan101 said:
I also remember the interviewee - I think it was either good ol' Christopher Hitchens / Richard Dawkins / Sam Harris(or a "professional Atheist" of some kind)
Was David Silverman, president of American Atheists. His expression has become quite a popular meme-image:

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Bhaalspawn said:
My parents celebrate Good Friday. But every year they serve fish on that day. I kid you not they said

"Oh but fish isn't meat."

I paused and said "Hand on, let me go ask my vegetarian friends."
Most vegetarians don't consider Fish as a meat... and it's meant more specifically to not eat red meat on good friday. fish and shellfish are allowed.
Interesting note, Beaver is technically considered a fish, at least by the Catholic church, so its okay to eat Beaver on Good Friday

Hugh Wright

Apr 2, 2010
'Grass isn't a plant' from a A-level (high school for yanks) Biology teacher. She couldn't tell me what it was, but she was sure it wasn't a plant, flowering or otherwise.

Cheesus Crust

Mar 8, 2012
My nephew was about 4 or 5 I think when I hear him ask a question. It was the first time he had ever seen a black man, he asks "What's that?"

BTW I also read this thing on youtube saying that people from the British Isles aren't European. He said that the only Europeans are people from places like Denmark, France, and so forth. His reason being that they drive on the other side of the road and use the GBP as a currency instead of the EURO and no one living in the British Isles consider themselves to be European, at all.

Webb5432

Jul 21, 2009
Alright.

Anything my best friend says when not in the presence of nerds.

Anything.

He likes to speak in D&D and League of Legends references, and we have found out that me and maybe one other guy in the two dozen people I know get what the hell he is saying half the time. The other half of the time, I'm shamed to admit, it's just me.

I also have another candidate:

"I used to question my grip on reality, but I stopped when it started asking me back"

On a side note, watch "Hot Fuzz" and wait until Lurch gets taken out by a plant, then repeat my thoughts:

"They say pot is bad for your brain"

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
I've got two good one,

These were in a Yr 10 Biology/Physc class (One half year was one, the other ect.)

Teacher makes an analogy to a lighthouse
Girl: 'What's a lighthouse?'
Rest of class facepalms
It took 30 minuets to explain to her what the function of a lighthouse is

Another one she said
Teacher explains how the internet made it easy for scientists to share data, because before 1980/70s they had to fax or phone call or mail
Same girl: Wait, they didn't have internet back then? What did they do on their laptops and phones then?
She also didn't believe the TV was a 20th century invention

So many facepalms, I honestly don't know how she passed Primary School -.-

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Aaron Sylvester said:
There are a number of people out there who firmly believe that the human eye cannot tell the difference between 30 fps, 60 fps or 120 fps (fps = frames per second or framerate) when it comes to watching videos or even playing videogames.

So I'll still keep this "30 fps myth" at the back of my mind as one of the stupidest things people can say, and one of the stupidest arguments one can make. Having used a 120hz monitor over the past year, the difference is so mind-blowingly obvious it's not even funny :p
30 to 60 has quite a big difference. Any more than 60 is just used as a measure for power. At least to me anyway. If the game allows it, I lock FPS to 60 since it won't matter anyway (let's see what happens once I get a more respectable monitor).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
VoidWanderer said:
I was a having a religous discussion about my alternate views on the crucifixion of Christ, when the man I was speaking said this gem.

"Jesus is man's sin made manifest!"
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbi5ffWLyb1qa55edo1_400.jpg

OT: In classes, a guy was ripping the gold film out of his candy bar wrapper and folding it into a swan. The guy next to him asked, "Is that sexual?"

See the above image.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
xochiquetzal said:
also I once heard comedian Marcus Brigstocke mention an Islamic priest who said...

"the reason there are so many earthquakes is because women are showing cleavage"
Yep, that was a thing. Google "boobquake" for more details. Fun Fact: On the day of Boobquake, there was a major earthquake in Taiwan, but it had a 1/3 chance of happening anyways.