Stylish Glitch Makes Deus Ex: Human Revolution All Warhol

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Don't get me wrong, but the glitch makes it looks like an Indie game.
"I'm racist but black people are the devil." What exactly is wrong with indie-games now? And how does having a lack of budget or a lack of a publisher suddenly change how a game looks?

I agree, I hope someone makes it a mod.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Aprilgold said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
"I'm racist but black people are the devil." What exactly is wrong with indie-games now? And how does having a lack of budget or a lack of a publisher suddenly change how a game looks?

He's not saying there is anything wrong with it. From what I picked up he was more making reference to the fact that it looks a bit more creative with a wider expression of colour that most mainstream games shy away from.

You're probably the very person he's referencing when he say's "Don't take this the wrong way"

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
Aprilgold said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:

He's not saying there is anything wrong with it. From what I picked up he was more making reference to the fact that it looks a bit more creative with a wider expression of colour that most mainstream games shy away from.

You're probably the very person he's referencing when he say's "Don't take this the wrong way"
His post was very vague is all I have to say in conjunction.

"Don't take this the wrong way but that doesn't look like a shirt a man would wear."

What exactly is wrong with the shirt in question? Is it feminine? Does it have holes? Is it to small? Is it to large? Whats wrong with a pink shirt?

The list goes on and on.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Aprilgold said:
tobi the good boy said:
Aprilgold said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:

His post was very vague is all I have to say in conjunction.

"Don't take this the wrong way but that doesn't look like a shirt a man would wear."

What exactly is wrong with the shirt in question? Is it feminine? Does it have holes? Is it to small? Is it to large? Whats wrong with a pink shirt?

The list goes on and on.
I agree with the vagueness but the very opening statement of "Don't take it the wrong way" is used to mitigate the negative connotations of what the following statement presents.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
I agree with the vagueness but the very opening statement of "Don't take it the wrong way" is used to mitigate the negative connotations of what the following statement presents.
And my original statement proves that, just because you say no offense, doesn't mean people don't have to take offense.

"Don't take this the wrong way but being a fag is against gods will and your going to burn in agony forever and ever."

And.

"Don't take this the wrong way but you look like a fat ass in that suit."

And finally.

"I know you just got beat up and don't take this the wrong way, but stop crying like a *****."

His entire post was vague and no offense doesn't just exist as a way for someone to buff up their speech, it means very little because you can take offense from any statement.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Aprilgold said:
tobi the good boy said:
And my original statement proves that, just because you say no offense, doesn't mean people don't have to take offense.

"Don't take this the wrong way but being a fag is against gods will and your going to burn in agony forever and ever."

And.

And finally.

"I know you just got beat up and don't take this the wrong way, but stop crying like a *****."

His entire post was vague and no offense doesn't just exist as a way for someone to buff up their speech, it means very little because you can take offense from any statement.
Yes, but none of those statements you've presented have the possibility to be interpreted in a non offensive light. His statement clearly retains that possibility to be seen in a non-negative way, thus the preceding statement should be interpreted as such.

EDIT: Whatever the case, I'm just going to stop replying. Internet arguments end up getting messy and are always ultimately pointless.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Stripes said:
Reminds me of mirrors edge, shame no one bought it.
I bought mirrors edge and thought exactly the same as you.

man I loved that game.

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
This is amazing, someone please make a game in this style! It would be easier to make than a normal game because o the stylized look it does require much detail or texture but it still looks incredible. As in a that looks like this could be the best looking game of the year and it would require less effort than a normal game.

shadowkrai

Jan 23, 2011
Aprilgold said:
tobi the good boy said:

And.

And finally.

If you thought it was possible to see it offensively and it had "no offence" or words to that effect in it, don't be a child and try to call them out on it, just ignore it
I can see where he's coming from with the indie game thing anyway, I wouldn't expect a game was AAA if it looked like this

OT: Is there a hi-res version of the "main" one?
Looks like a pretty awesome desktop

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
"Aaaaaah, my eyes!"

Pretty trippy but I don't think I could play through a whole game that looks like that. I'd probably get a headache an hour in to it.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
shadowkrai said:
Aprilgold said:
tobi the good boy said:

And.

And finally.

If you thought it was possible to see it offensively and it had "no offence" or words to that effect in it, don't be a child and try to call them out on it, just ignore it
I can see where he's coming from with the indie game thing anyway, I wouldn't expect a game was AAA if it looked like this

OT: Is there a hi-res version of the "main" one?
Looks like a pretty awesome desktop
Love your avatar but were both being childish here, I mean, look at our pics for our avatar.

And then we step back to my original statement, how does being independent of a publisher suddenly make a game look like this?

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
Funny how this became a big thing, didn't think it would when I saw the reddit post two weeks ago.

OT: too litle brown, how am I supposed to see the enemy?