Submit Your Bracket Prediction - Reader's Choice Game of the Year 2013

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
hmmmmmm, true. they want to get there games out right before the Christmas rush. Though I would be interested in seeing sales numbers of games throughout the year (not that sales numbers equal good games, but they are a indicator of popularity).

I mean I think something like Ni No Kuni should be on here, but as I've said before my tastes don't align with that of the mainstream it seems. As the only games here I've played are Pokemon and Papers Please. So perhaps all the games that are popular with the most people get released in November.
I know how you feel, Monster Hunter 3 and Tales of Xillia are among my favourites this year, but I didn't expect them to get far in the game of the year contests or even nominate at all. I'm also not ruling out the point you mentioned about long term memory since I know I have difficulties telling last year and this year apart. It's funny though, I've only played two of those games too.

Caramel Frappe said:
Yopaz said:
No, you suck, your opinions suck and even if you have the same opinions as me your opinions suck because I'm on the internet. Seriously though, I hope we can make this peaceful too.
Your humor helps make things better, believe it or not. The best way to help ease a flame war or tense thread is-

1. Make funny posts, but also contribute to the topic at hand.
2. Include GIFs... people LOVE GIFs.
3. Stay positive, and others will follow. It happens to me every time.
4. Get Daystar involved. It's bullet proof!!
5. Get DAYSTAR SERIOUSLY. And also other loving people like Fappy, Topaz, Taco, list goes on.
Happy to be of use. I do find it sad that even a discussion about the things we like seems to come with a mandatory flame war.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I had Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us in the final, hoping everyone's grown disinterested with GTA by now, I know I have

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
SkarKrow said:
I am deeply disappointed by the utter lack of public shaming for those who voted for Colonial marines thus far.
Wait, what?

Aliens: Colonial Marines isn't even in the bracket at all. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
IceForce said:
SkarKrow said:
I am deeply disappointed by the utter lack of public shaming for those who voted for Colonial marines thus far.
Wait, what?

Aliens: Colonial Marines isn't even in the bracket at all. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Publishers Club shenanigins. You see that Papers, Please spot? The pubclub voted on the game to go there, Aliens: Colonial marines lost to Papers, Please by two votes. We were told we would be shamed publicly for our mischievous ways but it's what they should expect when they hand pubclub members a big, shiny, red button.

SillySam

Mar 15, 2011
SkarKrow said:
Publishers Club shenanigins. You see that Papers, Please spot? The pubclub voted on the game to go there, Aliens: Colonial marines lost to Papers, Please by two votes. We were told we would be shamed publicly for our mischievous ways but it's what they should expect when they hand pubclub members a big, shiny, red button.
Is there any chance that we'll see the Pub Club votes?
I'm interested in seeing the games that didn't make it to the final 16

Sarasena

Oct 9, 2013
I know I won't be able to predict it, so I went with what I personally felt instead. Tough choice between SRIV and XCOM.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Veldt Falsetto said:
I had Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us in the final, hoping everyone's grown disinterested with GTA by now, I know I have
Those two ended up in my final round too, though if Infinite was paired with GTA, GTA would have won simply because it's more popular. Hurray for ridiculously easy guesses.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
SillySam said:
SkarKrow said:
Is there any chance that we'll see the Pub Club votes?
I'm interested in seeing the games that didn't make it to the final 16
Ni no Kuni, DMC, Fire Emblem Awakening, Aliens CM, MGR, Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Companmy of Heroes 2, Pikmin 3, Shadowrun Returns, Papers Please, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Arkham Origins, The Wolf Among Us, Guacamelee, Payday 2.

If you want the numbers then the pub club is dirt cheap and you get a shiny badge and custom titles aswell as our own weird little forum sect.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
The Last of Us pitted against Saints Row IV. I mean, talk about a tough decision. Each was brilliant in its own way. TLoU had an epic story and SRIV had epic gameplay.
Anyway, all done for now.

SillySam

Mar 15, 2011
SkarKrow said:
Ni no Kuni, DMC, Fire Emblem Awakening, Aliens CM, MGR, Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Companmy of Heroes 2, Pikmin 3, Shadowrun Returns, Papers Please, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Arkham Origins, The Wolf Among Us, Guacamelee, Payday 2.

If you want the numbers then the pub club is dirt cheap and you get a shiny badge and custom titles aswell as our own weird little forum sect.
Thanks a lot, I'm just curious about what other games were nominated
Seeing that list, I'm actually surprised that some of the games that made it into the final 16

I assume the games are divided by genre and then voted on?
It's interesting to see the preferences of the Pub Club members
Or you guys were just having fun....

On pub club subscription, it's not really worth it for me
Since I rarely post on the forums (35 in 2.5 years), and I don't really watch/read content on the website

OT: As unlikely as it'd may be, I have Paper's Please in the final round
Obristan Above All!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
SillySam said:
SkarKrow said:

Thanks a lot, I'm just curious about what other games were nominated
Seeing that list, I'm actually surprised that some of the games that made it into the final 16

I assume the games are divided by genre and then voted on?
It's interesting to see the preferences of the Pub Club members
Or you guys were just having fun....

On pub club subscription, it's not really worth it for me
Since I rarely post on the forums (35 in 2.5 years), and I don't really watch/read content on the website

OT: As unlikely as it'd may be, I have Paper's Please in the final round
Obristan Above All!
Fair enough, it wasn't really our preference to vote for colonial marines they more just gave us an opportunity to cause havok and we leapt on it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The Last of Us is my vote, although I suspect Paper's Please or GTAV will grab it.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
POKEMON X/Y FOR GOTY 2013!!!!

Seriously, though, I will be surprised if Pokemon doesn't make it to the finals. It's probably one of the few games that has about as many releases as Call of Duty and Final Fantasy, but is not only still good - BUT GETTING BETTER.

I say Papers Please vs Pokemon X/Y for the finals, yet not all the glory in all of Arstotzka can top the sheer power of a Blaziken with Speed Boost.