Suddenly you wake up connected to a machine...

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I would get up and beat the fucking shit out of whoever simulated this excuse of a world and a life, as well as anyone complicit in allowing it to continue.

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
game-lover said:
I believe I'd want to see the other world before I just go back in and so I would complain and protest.
I wouldn't complain and protest loudly, but I'd sit up, disconnect, start asking questions and exploring the new world.

I'd assume the people I knew back in-sim were NPCs who stop thinking and feeling and doing while I'm out of the simulation, so it's ok to leave 'em behind.

I would suspect that I was actually getting experimented on to see how people like me react to the situation.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'd probably break down and cry, crushed by the knowledge that everything I've ever known, felt or experienced wasn't real. That my mind, emotions and memories were have been the playthings of someone else. I'd also probably try to escape. If I had to go back, I'd ask them to at least make me Superman.

SlaveNumber23 said:
It would be great if they could remove my memory of knowing it was a simulation though, cause that would probably plague my mind.
They'd have to- your knowledge of the true nature of your reality would pretty drastically skew the results of whatever experiment they're conducting. And if that's the case... how can you be sure it hasn't happened before?! Dun Dun DUUUUN!

The Captcha knows the truth!​

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Ask if he can give me access to the dev console while he is there. Also I will try to get him to believe I know about the bug and that it made my eyesight bad and general health not too flash. He might fix those while he is at it. :D

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
The screen turns back off again a few seconds after he's informed you of the situation.
What situation? I'm guessing this a matrix type scenario. I'd jump up and make a break for it.

tlgAlaska

Dec 6, 2010
"Wait, what bug? - No, don't put me back in! What bug?!!"

"I'm sorry sir, that's not a winning ticket."
"Wha- huh? What?"
"It's off by one number, see? So close, you almost had the million jackpot."
"But... ah f*ck."

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Blackmail the guy into making my life ultra-awesome.
I am talking superpowers and riches beyond my wildest dreams.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Threaten to break every bone in his body if he doesn't send me back in with console commands. More realistically, I would hop out of the pod, fall over from never walking before, and then explore. I probably would resist going back.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Wake up in a future world? I would want to see it and see if its any good before coming back to this shitty world. If its like the way humans in Zion in the Matrix live Iwould tell him to put me back in.

If its a world where we have begun to fix the flaws in society and ourselves and mastered space flight and clean energy production I would much rather stay there.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I would probably struggle or try to remove the restraints.

Sidmen

Jul 3, 2012
I've had this dream (well, not the one in the OP) where I'm immortal and incredibly bored. So I jump into a simulation of past events for a lifetime to escape the tedium of my loser existence. Which, if true, would mean I'm playing Video Games inside a Video Game to escape a loser existence while escaping from a loser existence.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Well that would be a rather crushing realization, and good life or not I believe that we have the right to actually experience the reality of life rather than a simulation of it, no matter how close to the original thing. I would want answers at that point, and would absolutely love to know why the hell all of humanity are plugged up to machines...what exactly made shit sooo bad that they thought that a simulation for us was better than real life? Quite honestly, If I had managed to escape, I would do anything I can do just take 1 glimpse of the outside world. One look out the window would be able to tell me so much on why everything is the way it is.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I would tell the captcha overlords okay, and do what that say. What......You can't tell me that the sentient captcha that lives here is not planning something.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Disconnect and start asking questions, see where things go from there. I can't imagine a reason compelling enough to make me want to live a simulated life, but if there is one, I can always go back in.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Spazz out hoping to break free.

If it's the future then things are probably better than what they are in my past simulation - everything will be new and wonderful for me. Sure, my life's starting to improve right now, but I couldn't take my old life seriously if I knew it was false.