Suicidal/desperate strategies you've tried in games

Vankraken

Mar 30, 2010
In StarCraft nuking my own units that are being overwhelmed to force an enemy retreat or to kill off as many enemy units as possible

In X-Com during UFO ground missions arming some rookies with a primed Hi-Explosive and sending him in to clear the ship. If (and most likely when) he dies the bomb will blow up at the end of the turn (basiclly all explosives in the game won't activate there timer until it leaves your person)

jameskillalot

Apr 27, 2010
legendary in the original halo - coop, both past shields, buddy stickies me in the back and yells charge, it became our go to strategy for breaking groups of death.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I run through an area instead of taking cover and shooting :) Although this doesn't work as well in Borderlands.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
*ahem*[/I]

LEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY[/I]

Funniest game of CoD, Ever. (for me)

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
My favorite thing to do in Bad company 2 while defending is to get in a blackhawk and jump out or get shot down behind enemy lines and make a stand at the crash site.

Extra fun if you have c4 and place it around you when they charge. Plus you get to say some one-liners while you do your final stand.

Leftyrem

Jul 3, 2009
i usually run away let my friends die laugh then die or win.i also odst spam scarabs in halo wars

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Back in Battlefield 2 I was one of the first people to invent jihad-trucks. This was the fun sport of laying all your C4 (About 7) onto a light vehicle (A jeep or buggy) and crashing head-on into a tank. It worked really well, too!

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
The bayonet in World At War... my God it is fun, though.
I won a game by waiting in a corner for a guy to plant the bomb and jamming my bayonet into his head.

Then I went into a different game and I really enjoyed running around, jamming my knife into dudes.
Didn't feel cheap like commando, though... I had to work with the bayonet, thing had a delay on the attack and recovery times like you wouldn't believe.

The Scythian

Jun 8, 2010
Horses into spearmen, after your pathetic infantry is destroyed. Not only fo you lose the battle, but the enemy gets a horse-feast.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Radeonx said:
Well, in each Modern Warfare 2 prestige, I set different rules for myself. For example, here is what I've done so far:
1: Normal
2: Knife Only
3: Lesser Used Weapons, with only hip-fire (F200, Vector, Pistols, LMG's, etc.)
4. Handguns only
5. Grenades only (I'm currently on this one, and it's incredibly challenging, but really fun.)
I did a handgun only prestige. It was REALLY fun, I got really good at it, but then it got boring cause once you got to level 30 or so, there's nothing else you can really unlock that will help.

Kingshadow6

Dec 25, 2008
L4D/L4D2, an actually successful strategy is, if you hear a hunter coming, and for whatever reason, no one can save you, throw a pipebomb at your feet and stand there. He lands on you, it detonates, he falls off you and you shotgun his face. Also, shooting a grenade launcher grenade straight up into the air works to the same effect.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
While playing Guilty Gear XX, I was getting my ass kicked by I-No. I tried everything: playing defensively, playing offensively, button mashing, and even trying to master the more advanced combo techniques. Nothing worked, the computer has me beat. So I tried one last gambit:

I yelled obscenities and called her fat. That's right, I demeaned a collection of ones and zeroes.

That didn't work either, and in fact, I could not help but notice that she started to kick my ass alot easier than before....

Lucifer dern

Jun 11, 2010
take missile launcher (the ones where the missile travels where u aim the scope) fire rocket at boss, forget its guided and check for enemies behind you... its no stratergy, but im vy good at it...
urm but normaly when ive just had enough i just abandon all cover and run in screaming, hay its how i passed my exams so... ;)

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I've got a few of those, first of all in Fallout 3 shortly after leaving the vault deciding to go for a long wander and bumping into Mirelurks and Super Mutants.

Then in Halo 2 in an Arbiter level I was ridiculously low on ammo and had flood swarming all over the place trying to kill me. So I threw a plasma grenade and it stuck on a carrier form, and this is where it got bad. This carrier form was standing next to another carrier and another and another. In all there were about five carrier forms, all of which then exploded at the same time crippling my shield and allowing a horde of infection forms to swarm over me.

Plus, I learned the hard way playing Mass Effect 2 not to backpedal when facing husks as often I got backed into a corner and then just got swamped by the monsters.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Charge-Sidestep-Stab at Side for Arcade fighters

RTS: Pack up camp, take as much as I can with me and swing at the enemy base while they attack my undefended base. Who will die first?

Or run up to a spot 20 yards from the enemy camp and: defensive structure, defensive structure, defensive structure, defensive structure. It's fun to be evil. Especially to computer enemies.