Sunglasses

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TheBobmus said:
I own some nice sunglasses (Oakleys & some converted vintage Ray-Bans) and like to wear good ones when its sunny. Squinting was one of the things my optometrist told me was screwing up my eyes (no pun intended), plus light gives me headaches, so I wear them out a lot.

Never indoors though. I don't have high enough douche levels/enough swagger to pull that off.
You know what they say. Swag is for boys, class is for men.

To be honest, I've never found a pair of sunglasses I didn't look like a tool in.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ReadyAmyFire said:
I keep a pair in the car and another in my flight bag for obvious reasons, and I have to wear safety glasses when shooting which come in a variety of tints. I'm not very tolerant of bright sunlight though.
I need to replace mine after a stray shard of shooting target damaged the left lens...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
If I'm outside, there's a really good chance I have sunglasses on. I like the look, and I like how they actually do something good for your eyes.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I have to wear glasses all the time because my eyesight is poop, so I have transition lenses. Quite handy. Just walk outside, boom, prescription sunglasses. As for looking cool? I don't really care. I think some people look ridiculous with their choice of sunglasses, but that's really their business,...but they still look silly.

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
I need to replace mine after a stray shard of shooting target damaged the left lens...
Crikey! Good job you were wearing them, wouldn't replace your eye as easily. How close were you with what firearm? What was the target?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ReadyAmyFire said:
Binnsyboy said:
Crikey! Good job you were wearing them, wouldn't replace your eye as easily. How close were you with what firearm? What was the target?
Clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun. The target was fired lower than it should have been and I shot it out of instinct.

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
Clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun. The target was fired lower than it should have been and I shot it out of instinct.
Ah cool, it's fun having a go even when it's a no-bird. I use a 30" MK38, my first and only shotgun :)

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
I wear glasses, and have a set of prescription Oakleys that I should wear more often that I currently do. It's Winter in Australia now, but the sun is bright during summer, and I drive towards the sun on my way home from work. Sure beats squinting.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I have never worn sunglasses outside. They make me look like some ginger idiot who thinks he's cool.

Sad because I hate the sun. I chose not to go on holiday this year because I guarantee you I'll just spend the majority of the time in the shade, cowering. I'm ghost-white and burn easily. And sun glare always frustrates me.

Moan, moan, moan.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
jadowity123 said:
Do you like them, if not then why, if you do then what kinds of them do you like wearing? Do you treat them as purely functional or aesthetic?
I enjoy wearing sunglasses. I like Aviators and certain other types.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
I have a pair of tom ford aviators for normal use, and a pair of armani thick black ones for driving. I use them if its sunny outside or I'm going to outside for a while, or when I'm driving and the sky is quite bright through the clouds. So one for show, one for practical use.

I did once buy a pair in Florence when I was baffled by all the fashion of everything, which was a mistake. They had a black band across the top which made me look like I had a monobrow in every photo. Luckily the dog chewed them, so I could get a new pair.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I tend to only wear sunglasses when I am being active and the sun is literally giving me a hard time.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I wear aesthetically pleasing sunglasses for purely functional purposes. Right now I'm enjoying getting some use out of my new pair of silver, mirrored, shades.

May 28, 2009
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Jonluw said:
They allow me to be outside in the lovely sun without frying my retinas, so I love them.
I also like the aesthtic.
And I can look where I want without people knowing.
We know Jonluw. We know.

I don't have any sunglasses, but I like the Lennon specs.
Lennon shades all the way. Always awesome, and attracts attention. Best shades I own without a doubt. I highly recommend it OP.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
I love my sunglasses. Both for how they look, and the fact that I actually do need them for when I drive. My eyes are very sensitive o he light, and stepping out even on cloudy days is hard, so I usually have them on every time I go outside.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
loc978 said:
Being a wearer of prescription glasses, normal sunglasses are useless to me.

...but all of my lenses transition in sunlight, and yes, that's pure function. My eyes are a little bit sensitive.
... yep, that'll do me... just change the 'little' to 'very'... can't look at anything white on a sunny day except through a brick wall.

TheBobmus said:
I own some nice sunglasses (Oakleys & some converted vintage Ray-Bans) and like to wear good ones when its sunny. Squinting was one of the things my optometrist told me was screwing up my eyes (no pun intended), plus light gives me headaches, so I wear them out a lot.
Ooo, Oakleys, fancy stuff... my latest pair are Oakleys that cost a pretty penny, but definitely worth it.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
I've got Irlen's syndrome, so I pretty much need coloured glasses all the time, even at night.

And yes, everyone I meet assumes I'm a colossal prick for doing so.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I love 'em. Ever since I saw the Matrix I've never wanted to take them off.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ReadyAmyFire said:
Binnsyboy said:
Ah cool, it's fun having a go even when it's a no-bird. I use a 30" MK38, my first and only shotgun :)
I've got an over/under double barrel. Damn good one, though, it's a Beretta. The engraving is appropriate to my family too, as it's the white rose of Yorkshire.

My uncle has a semi-automatic shotgun, though. Having a few shots with that was fun!

I'm curious as to what else is legal in Britain. What else do you have?

I was in college the other day (it's in a more urban area, so the idea of shooting is alien to these people) and I was talking to one of the girls I know, who says "yeah, my boyfriend has a gun. He keeps it under his bed, which is kind of scary..." you can tell she's boasting a little (the whole liking danger sort of deal)

I ask her what kind of gun it is. "An air rifle."