Sunset Overdrive Review - Alive And Amplified

Jimothy Sterling

New member
Apr 18, 2011
5,976
0
0
Sunset Overdrive Review - Alive And Amplified

It's loud, it's obnoxiousness, and it's mostly awesome.

Read Full Article
 

Shocksplicer

New member
Apr 10, 2011
891
0
0
I'll buy it.
In a few years, when the One has literally any other exclusives worth buying it for.
Not really looking good for the Xbox One, is it?
 

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
18,847
0
0
Shocksplicer said:
I'll buy it.
In a few years, when the One has literally any other exclusives worth buying it for.
Not really looking good for the Xbox One, is it?
oh I'm sure the xbone will be fine

its just not very appealing for the discerning buyer
 

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
5,265
0
0
So glad to hear this is a good game. Been looking forward to this for ages, but after all the overhyped disappointments I was getting kinda worried.

Can't wait for Friday.
 

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
830
0
0
I am so keen for this.
Ever since I first saw the CGI trailer at E3 2013 I hoped and wished for this to be amazing, I am so glad that this amazing.
One of the (many) reasons I brought an Xbox One, I super happy to pick this up day one.
 

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
4,797
0
0
Glad to hear it. Was looking forward to the game, but also a bit wary, considering Fuse.

Judging by the reception it has got, I shall be picking it up ASAP.
 

Coreless

New member
Aug 19, 2011
298
0
0
Even with its obnoxious zaniness I find myself strangely compelled by this game. It just looks so over the top and wacky that I can't help but admire the creators for taking the chance they did on it we could definitely use more new IPs and it seems this one is truly fresh.
 

Hugga_Bear

New member
May 13, 2010
532
0
0
Most of the comments in that review seemed like negatives trying to be positives to me. Perhaps it's simply from my perspective but most of it sounds brash and annoying, like it's taken the worst parts of Saints Row 4 and made them perpetual.

I've enjoyed Insomniac Games stuff before, mostly the R&C series though Resistance had its highlights (looking at R2's multiplayer). Kind of a shame this is an exclusive and coming out at the same time as a CoD. Whatever merits it does have are likely to be lost in the avalanche of fanboys.
 

Strelok

New member
Dec 22, 2012
494
0
0
Has someone let the cat out of the bag early?
They deny it now:
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/526397576883339264
But where have we heard that before?
http://www.totalxbox.com/60879/dead-rising-3-definitely-isnt-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-says-capcom/
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/30/ryse-son-of-rome-will-not-be-ported-to-pc-down-the-line-will-not-have-a-demo-at-launch/
Poor Microsoft, can barely keep their hostages exclusives in check.
 

Shadow-Phoenix

New member
Mar 22, 2010
2,289
0
0
Strelok said:
Has someone let the cat out of the bag early?
They deny it now:
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/526397576883339264
But where have we heard that before?
http://www.totalxbox.com/60879/dead-rising-3-definitely-isnt-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-says-capcom/
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/30/ryse-son-of-rome-will-not-be-ported-to-pc-down-the-line-will-not-have-a-demo-at-launch/
Poor Microsoft, can barely keep their hostages exclusives in check.
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.

Though I believe that's up to phil to sort out, he should really be doing a better job at focussing on keeping them exclusive instead of trying to pander to a crowd that doesn't care/pisses on them.
 

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
3,257
0
0
Recommendation: Would you like to play Lady Gaga in videogame form? This is about as close as you're getting.
Fuck. Yes. If only I had the funds to get it, I could have both seen her and played her in video game form within a month's time.

Anyway, I'm getting a Saints Row: The Third vibe off the description that it all gets a bit too much. Which is fine, and I look forward to it.
 

KazeAizen

New member
Jul 17, 2013
1,129
0
0
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.
No kidding about that Twink character. Then again the post history of people like that is very telling of how empty of lives they must lead. Most of the time its like their sole purpose is to be negative.
 

Shadow-Phoenix

New member
Mar 22, 2010
2,289
0
0
KazeAizen said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.
No kidding about that Twink character. Then again the post history of people like that is very telling of how empty of lives they must lead. Most of the time its like their sole purpose is to be negative.
I'd imagine so, for him PC news is good news, anything consoles get or has and it has to be made negative, stay around for a while and you'll see a reply to my quote above and how telling that will be because I guarantee you the one I quoted takes the same path Twink does and the reply will be full of empty wit in order to avoid mod wrath but this time I'll actually get a mod on the line to read the well thought out wit, due to the way the rules are enforced it's forced some unfriendly users to resort to hiding their snide with clever witty remarks or replies which is exactly what I'm expecting from who I quoted.

I'd like to expect civility but that isn't going to happen.
 

DataSnake

New member
Aug 5, 2009
467
0
0
So it's a lighthearted, over-the-top comedy adventure with a fully-customizable protagonist. Since the comparisons basically write themselves I just have to ask, how does it compare to Saints Row IV?

Also:
Strelok said:
Poor Microsoft, can barely keep their hostages exclusives in check.
Unless it gets ported to PS4, Mac, or Linux, wouldn't it still technically be a Microsoft exclusive?
 

KazeAizen

New member
Jul 17, 2013
1,129
0
0
Shadow-Phoenix said:
KazeAizen said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.
No kidding about that Twink character. Then again the post history of people like that is very telling of how empty of lives they must lead. Most of the time its like their sole purpose is to be negative.
I'd imagine so, for him PC news is good news, anything consoles get or has and it has to be made negative, stay around for a while and you'll see a reply to my quote above and how telling that will be because I guarantee you the one I quoted takes the same path Twink does and the reply will be full of empty wit in order to avoid mod wrath but this time I'll actually get a mod on the line to read the well thought out wit, due to the way the rules are enforced it's forced some unfriendly users to resort to hiding their snide with clever witty remarks or replies which is exactly what I'm expecting from who I quoted.

I'd like to expect civility but that isn't going to happen.
I await with bated breath. The only thing negative about Sunset Overdrive to me is that I have no Xbox ONE nor have I cared to get one. Though I am happy it is good. I like Insomniac and was incredibly angry how Fuse got treated and I'm almost positive that wasn't their doing.
 

hamsterkilla

Battlefield veteran
Aug 11, 2009
68
0
0
Shadow-Phoenix said:
KazeAizen said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.
No kidding about that Twink character. Then again the post history of people like that is very telling of how empty of lives they must lead. Most of the time its like their sole purpose is to be negative.
I'd imagine so, for him PC news is good news, anything consoles get or has and it has to be made negative, stay around for a while and you'll see a reply to my quote above and how telling that will be because I guarantee you the one I quoted takes the same path Twink does and the reply will be full of empty wit in order to avoid mod wrath but this time I'll actually get a mod on the line to read the well thought out wit, due to the way the rules are enforced it's forced some unfriendly users to resort to hiding their snide with clever witty remarks or replies which is exactly what I'm expecting from who I quoted.

I'd like to expect civility but that isn't going to happen.
Agreed, I don't like how he is using it as a negative towards consoles but on the other hand that's pretty exciting news if it turns out to be true.I for one can't afford one of these new consoles but I do have a gaming computer so if this game shows up for PC I know I'll buy it day one.

OT. Glad to see this game is as good as it looked. Loved Ratchet and Clank and this game seems to have the same type of style. Hope to play it one day.
 

KazeAizen

New member
Jul 17, 2013
1,129
0
0
hamsterkilla said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
KazeAizen said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Trust you to show up in time to throw negativity onto anything good they get just like Twink and the Nintendo Amiibo thread.
No kidding about that Twink character. Then again the post history of people like that is very telling of how empty of lives they must lead. Most of the time its like their sole purpose is to be negative.
I'd imagine so, for him PC news is good news, anything consoles get or has and it has to be made negative, stay around for a while and you'll see a reply to my quote above and how telling that will be because I guarantee you the one I quoted takes the same path Twink does and the reply will be full of empty wit in order to avoid mod wrath but this time I'll actually get a mod on the line to read the well thought out wit, due to the way the rules are enforced it's forced some unfriendly users to resort to hiding their snide with clever witty remarks or replies which is exactly what I'm expecting from who I quoted.

I'd like to expect civility but that isn't going to happen.
Agreed, I don't like how he is using it as a negative towards consoles but on the other hand that's pretty exciting news if it turns out to be true.I for one can't afford one of these new consoles but I do have a gaming computer so if this game shows up for PC I know I'll buy it day one.

OT. Glad to see this game is as good as it looked. Loved Ratchet and Clank and this game seems to have the same type of style. Hope to play it one day.
Your best bet would probably be a Wii U if you ever get the money for a console. Cheapest out there and the most exclusive content coming in the shortest amount of time. To a PC gamer the Nintendo consoles seem like the only logical choice as most multiplatform games go to PC eventually anyway.
 

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
3,257
0
0
KazeAizen said:
Your best bet would probably be a Wii U if you ever get the money for a console. Cheapest out there and the most exclusive content coming in the shortest amount of time. To a PC gamer the Nintendo consoles seem like the only logical choice as most multiplatform games go to PC eventually anyway.
I like how Nintendo has basically repeated last gen by creating a nice ideal for gaming be "Your main platform + The Nintendo platform".

Personally I think the Wii U is a good example of how perspective really paints the machine in a better light.

It's pretty much the same as the Wii in that it's a backwards compatible, underpowered machine that relies on a gimmicky playing style. It's a hard machine to port to and there is little interest in it from a 3rd party perspective, ultimately leading it to be a machine you play Nintendo exclusives on (or the occasional Wii U biased game like Rayman Legends). Of course, the Wii U pad is actually functional unlike the waggle stick but still.

The Wii had good consoles to compete with, the Wii U does not, therefore we see the Wii U in a positive light.

The Wii U = Better reputation (and I'm not regretting my purchase of the thing).
The Wii = Poor reputation.
 

KazeAizen

New member
Jul 17, 2013
1,129
0
0
Evonisia said:
KazeAizen said:
Your best bet would probably be a Wii U if you ever get the money for a console. Cheapest out there and the most exclusive content coming in the shortest amount of time. To a PC gamer the Nintendo consoles seem like the only logical choice as most multiplatform games go to PC eventually anyway.
I like how Nintendo has basically repeated last gen by creating a nice ideal for gaming be "Your main platform + The Nintendo platform".

Personally I think the Wii U is a good example of how perspective really paints the machine in a better light.

It's pretty much the same as the Wii in that it's a backwards compatible, underpowered machine that relies on a gimmicky playing style. It's a hard machine to port to and there is little interest in it from a 3rd party perspective, ultimately leading it to be a machine you play Nintendo exclusives on (or the occasional Wii U biased game like Rayman Legends). Of course, the Wii U pad is actually functional unlike the waggle stick but still.

The Wii had good consoles to compete with, the Wii U does not, therefore we see the Wii U in a positive light.

The Wii U = Better reputation (and I'm not regretting my purchase of the thing).
The Wii = Poor reputation.
There Wii's biggest problem in my opinion was not the motion control ultimately. It was the amount of shovel ware produced by 3rd rate companies looking at the opening salvo of Wii sales and thinking they could make a quick buck by producing lack luster games.

If not for a handful of 3rd party titles and Nintendo's first party titles the Wii would've been a bust. Sure it had actual good consoles to compete with but the reputation of the Wii I place almost exclusively on shovel ware and lack of drive from actual good 3rd parties to be creative with it.
 

MrHide-Patten

New member
Jun 10, 2009
1,309
0
0
On the Xbox One, Life's no fair. Can we swap, you guys just take Destiny wholesale and give us this. Then everything will be right with the world, Bungie can go back to where they came from and I can enjoy Insomniacs latest game to get Fuse out of my mouth.

Now if you don't mind me, I'm just going to go cry and scribble on the walls (You screwed the pooch Sony. You screwed the pooch Sony. You screwed the pooch Sony, etc) in the corner.