Super BioWare RPG: Origins: Awakening II: Turbo Edition

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I tried to make her look asian, she does more or less...or at least part asian but anyway I'm too far gone to start over

and I actually don't mind that my PC doesn't look overly "conventionally" attractive, it would have been easy I think to just make her "normal" looking but I'm glad she looks a little different... I just put it down to role playing that her parents were dissapointed she never got married

Laggyteabag said:
I am really glad that they didn't plaster the main character's face on the box art this time though. My problem with Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect series is they show the default character in all of the trailers and on the box art, and it just gets a little weird when you make your own character as the voice doesn't seem to fit. I have never made a custom male Shepard in Mass Effect, or a custom male Hawke in Dragon Age 2. Ah, the beauty of Origins and Inquisition.
with Dragon Age 2 it was very obvious they were trying to ride mass effects lightning, which is probably part of the reason people didn't like that game (among other things) I mean I don't like that Mass Effect did that either [footnote/]untill they added default female shepard and then it was more "Oh good, she looks half decent and I don't have to bother",which alienates the custom faces even more though[/footnote] but at least that was ME's thing from the start

I'm glad DA:I is being its own thing

although I do find it weird in the opening cutscene the default hero slow wakes up...looks at the camera and THEN its customize time...I mean why not do that before they wake up?

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
erttheking said:
This is why I go with default characters. So much less hassle. Plus I'm just shit at character customization in the first place. ( I am disappoint by the lack of beards on dwarf ladies though. WHEN IS SOMEONE GONNA MAKE THAT A THING!?)
They isn?t an option for female dwarves to have those uber braided lumberjack beards, but in Inquisition there's a surprisingly large selection of scruff to choose from; I was pretty surprised in a good way. Didn?t bother giving my female dwarf any scruff, though. I probably should have, though; she would have looked less of a child in that case.

I mean, the dwarves in DA:I look more of children or halflings rather than the stout dwarves from the previous games. It?s kind of annoying, really. I wanted to play as a rough-tough, castless, lyrium smuggling female dwarf. Instead, my character just looks like an 10 year old brat since there?s really no deformity or density to the figure of female dwarves.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Dark souls 2 was probably the only game that the opposite happened, i meddled with the face for 20 minutes or so and made it look as presentable as i could, still looked pretty bad, then i said screw it and started the game, it was the best looking character i ever created. Then i failed to jump over a cliff multiple times and looked like a fucking zombie for most of the game.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I had the exact opposite reaction. No matter what I did, I ended up disliking it. So I just said fuck it and started the game. Turns out my character was beautiful. Must be something about the fade.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
SupahGamuh said:
YES!!!, this happened to me in FFXIV recently, although at least that game has the decency of letting you choose a real time location with real lighting to see how your character would truly look in real circumstances.
I also ended up with a weird appearance for my character on FFXIV, but mercifully it only gave her some slightly puffy looking cheeks. Not a terrible outcome, but I find it looks slightly funny, in a kinda cute way.

Mercifully... She looks much better so long as she is wearing some eyewear. So I basically gave her oval glasses, and now she looks cooler.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I went with a default character and changed just a couple of features like hair style/colour/eyes and rolled with that.

Here is my Inquisitor. A female elf mage. I think she looks pretty good.

When you start messing with the cheekbone sliders and jaw stuff...it just turns out so bad!

Alex1508

Sep 20, 2014
OriginOfWaves said:
hm seems a lot of people are having trouble with this. maybe i just got lucky.

Wow, she looks pretty awesome. Good job there :D
As for me, cheeckbones are the bane of my existence. I always manage to make cheecks be either too full, making my character look like a sentient potato, or too shallow. Also too a smaller degree, i can't seem to get lips or eyebrows to look great for me, but after i created so many potato ppl that is just a small annoyance.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I finally got my guy right after a whole afternoon that I originally planned on playing the dam game. In a couple of light settings, it makes his lips look bigger than they really are. I don't think that can be helped at all.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Good Guy Final Fantasy 14 - lets you view your character in a number of environments (indoors, outdoors, sunny, cloudy, in a dank cave) while you're designing your character...

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Oh but it isn't to bad. But yes your character in NL looks quite different then in the editor. That is weird..

And in part a shame after all unlike some rpg's where you never got to see your face. Or rpg's that allow you to make your own character and first thing you get is a helmet. This is one where one does gets to see ones face quite a bit. Talking with NPC's and enjoying the area.

But hey I.. really don't care. It looks good enough lets go and play the game. That is at least how I feel, slight things can be brushed aside.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
This a thousand times!

There are a few spots, very few, where the character's face looks like OK but mostly it is a mess of shadows and bumps where none should be.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
At most I spent 45 minutes designing my Inquisition character. I'm not at all a fan of making and remaking my characters in case I see a physical flaw; I prefer to roll along, flaws and all, as I don't believe in the perfect face or body. Yep, my lady dwarf looks like a child, but it doesn't matter, I like the end result.

Dunno what I'm gonna make next.