Super Mario Bros. Birthday

Otaku13

Feb 4, 2010
*raises a cup of sake* To Mario, may our great great great grandchildren still be playing your awesome games. And as for that cake, i wouldn't be surprised that Charm city cakes (from the food network show Ace of cakes) did that, new york is certainly close enough for them, and they are a pretty big bunch of nerds. So who knows might see them make that cake in a future episode.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
Mans! That would have been awesome to have been able to attend, it'd be great to meet Shigeru Miyamoto! Happy 25th birthday Mario!

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Beautiful cake. If Gourmet Guy from Paper Mario ate a piece of that, he'll say: Oh... ohh, mmm... Ooohhhhh! Deeeeliciouuuuuuus.

nosafetynets

Sep 27, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
...and Mario's not down-to-earth, he's a selfish, greedy everyman, who exploits the hard work of dinosaurs and monkeys and toadstools all for the sake of his own perverted sex drive.
Laughed so hard at this. Couldn't help making a pointless post about my mirth.

nosafetynets

Sep 27, 2010
I played some old school Mario Bros on an old Nintendo ES held together with electrical tape the other day... Brought back memories of my childhood. It was one of the first video games I ever played. Well met, Mario & Luigi.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
kparmenter said:
Nintendo ES
Man, that actually took a good few seconds to parse. I only ever hear people call it the NES, the Nintendo Entertainment System, or the Famicom. Never split like that. How very peculiar!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
*Holds up glass* To Mario! Here's hoping for another 25 years!
*glass ****** Agreed! I want to play the orginal Mario Bros now!

*rummages through game cartridges*

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe? Close enough.

*plays on SP*

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Hot damn! Has it been 25 years already? Crap, I am old.

Daemascus said:
Damn, 25 years... And Mario finaly gets his cake.
another 25 years and he'll be able to eat it.

nosafetynets

Sep 27, 2010
BobisOnlyBob said:
kparmenter said:
Nintendo ES
Man, that actually took a good few seconds to parse. I only ever hear people call it the NES, the Nintendo Entertainment System, or the Famicom. Never split like that. How very peculiar!
Haha, yeah, I know it's odd. Just what we grew up calling it in my family. The ES versus the 64, etc. Hard habit to shake sometimes.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Man, this makes me want to play some Super Mario Bros. Sadly the closest thing I had was Super Mario Bros Deluxe which I had broken somehow and it would only work on my GameBoy Color. And I don't have either anymore. Rats.

Love that cake though.

Sonic Doctor said:
Miyamoto looks like he's surprised/worried about cutting the cake.
I laughed because to me he looked like "I WANT YOU INSIDE ME"

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
kparmenter said:
Haha, yeah, I know it's odd. Just what we grew up calling it in my family. The ES versus the 64, etc. Hard habit to shake sometimes.
How odd. I've never really thought about it before, but I do the same thing with some consoles, though the naming rules don't appear to be consistent; I refer to my old N64 as 'the 64', but I don't call my PS2 'the 2'. I refer to my 360 as 'the xbox' rather than 'the 360'.

Never had a NES, ours was a house with a Mega Drive. Which I called the Mega Drive :p

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
news contributors might be interested to know that in honor to Mario's birthday, a new avenue in Spain has been named "Super Mario Bros". I kid you not!
[link]http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/zaragoza/mario_bros_salta_los_videojuegos_las_calles_zaragoza.html[/link]

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I want that cake more than I have ever wanted anything in my entire goddamn life! How much do you think that thing costs? I would spend thousands for a exact replica.

OT: Happy birthday, Mario! I want you to stick around for a 100th birthday!