Super Power Corrupts: Most People Would Be Villains

kingdelete

Mar 17, 2009
humm i think (or hope i would be) good, but i would only go as far as to help the world help its self i wouldnt do it for them and wouldnt want them to relie on me either.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I would just use my superpowers as part of my everyday life, though I would try to be subtle. Doesn't matter if the odd person sees me, though, nobody would believe them and after a while, they wouldn't believe themselves. Wooh, insecurities!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Of course they would; give people power and they will abuse it. Even I would probably fuck about and I'm a nice person.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I'd probably be a good guy, I feel bad doing bad things in a video game to non real people. In real life I highly doubt I could be a jerk.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I think it would depend on what super-powers I had.
Superman: Hero. Why not? Besides, it would tear at the heart-strings to hear EVERY CRY FOR HELP ON THE WHOLE PLANET.
Spiderman: Showman. I'd do crazy stunts and crap and attribute it all to some Christ Angel bullshit. Rake in the cash. What? Spiders can't stop bullets with their face, so I'm not going to try.
Batman/Ironman: I'd be rich and wouldn't care. After all, money is their super-power.
Hulk: Smash?
Blue Beetle: I'd take over the Reach. Hells yeah. Actually, more realistically, I wouldn't have the will-power to overthrow the Reach's control, or the luck to have that stuff with whats his face the bounty hunter looking guy happen that would have made their control less effective, so I'd take over the planet in the name of the Reach.
Green Lantern: I wouldn't have a choice. I'd be a Green Lantern. Although I doubt I'd have the will-power necessary to attract a green ring. A blue or red one maybe, but not green.
Mega Man Bio-Metal (Preferrably one designed after Blues): I'd actually probably go to the government at that point and say, "Hey, I'll end that war for you."

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Well once you use your powers for selfish reasons, you are corrupt. It is that easy. So sure most people would be villians. You think going out of your way to help other people just because you have some special powers is going to be any easier? What does the movie Spiderman say, "With great power, comes great responsibility."? Yeah, and who wants to be responsible of saving others?

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
The problem is not with the super powered people, it's with the current morality. Seriously, Akumetsu? Kira? Those guys were heroes and I won't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
I think I'd be too cowardly and cynical to be a superhero. But I wouldn't exactly do bad things either, at least not intentionally. I'd probably use them in my personal life only.

Give me super strength and I'd probably just use it to change my tires when they blow out or carrying all the groceries indoors in one trip.
Give me flying or teleportation powers and I would just forgo the car entirely.
Give me spiderman powers, and I'd probably just use it to grab objects from across the room without moving and change lightbulbs.
Give me laser vision and... I'd probably hate myself because I accidentally fried someone's brains out.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I think everyone here should know, you would probably end up more like Kickass than what you're fantasizing about.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, that seems like a reasonable conclusion. I mean, I know what I'd do if I had superpowers. And that would be to grow the most villainous moustache humanly possible! Or superhumanly possible, because knowing my luck, if I do get a superpower it'll be something terrible like the superhuman ability to grow a moustache.

dawdarsd

Aug 16, 2010
if i would have awesome powers like exploding a man's head,boiling all the water in the human body by touching him,turn all the gasses in the human body substances for explosives than explode the guy,an make huge explosions just by snapping my fingers i would basicly be a villian since these powers are meant for destruction,btw i recently finished watching all the episodes of full metal alchemist so yeah

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Yeah, that's true me for me atleast and and a few of my friends. I could finally get all of my revenge on people who have annoyed me and i could do whatever i want!

MWHAHAHAHAH!

*Cough* ...Sorry.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
I'd be a villain if I was the only one with powers. If there were others and they was villains however, then I'd do everything in my power to stop them. For no particular reason.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I would try going the Deadpool route. Villain when I feel like it and hero when I like the good guys enough.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
I'd like to believe I'd end up falling more in the area of hero than villain. I already have my moments of weakness where I'd like to do less than morally right things, but I usually do my best to ignore and overcome them. However comma, I don't think I could run a charity... I'd want some kind of recognition or compensation, particularly for the big stuff... stop a mugger? meh, who cares. Save an entire building full of hostages or bring down an entire criminal organization? payday.