Superbowl 52

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I am sad that the Pats lost. Brady needs another ring to be on top (another non-qb player has 5 rings). They had a real shot but the game was good.

Funny that other things were so great.

Pink sick with Flu, still knocked it out of the park with the anthem:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/04/pink-channels-whitney-houston-while-battling-flu-for-super-bowl-52-national-anthem.html

Justin Timberlake shows he is one of the top five best acts out there to date with his 1/2 time show.

And, I did watch to the very end.

Your thoughts?

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I'm glad the Eagles won. It's even better that they beat the team that cheated them out of the 2005 Superbowl win. Suck it Pats.
Also, I'm fairly certain there is at least one person out there who gave a toss about the halftime show. I just don't know any of them.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
While I'm not really a sports fan, I will admit to still supporting the home team...

..And guess what? We really knocked it out of the park this year! GO EAGLES!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'm just glad that the Philadelphia Police used the Div. championship week to test Crisco out on the poles and found out that ATF is a more effective lubricant for keeping revelers from climbing them after a big football win.

Actually it was a great game AND I'm glad the Eagles won. My only problem with it, had he won I guarantee Brady would have retired. Now its still up in the air.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Silentpony said:
You may think this is a thread about the Super Bowl, but

Its a Tide Ad​
The best commercials from this and all super bowls were all Tide ads.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Gorfias said:
Justin Timberlake shows he is one of the top five best acts out there to date with his 1/2 time show.
Prince did specifically say he was totally against the sort of thing JT did, though. Should have found another way to pay tribute to him.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Thaluikhain said:
Gorfias said:
Prince did specifically say he was totally against the sort of thing JT did, though. Should have found another way to pay tribute to him.
Ehh, Prince was against "holograms" where they make it look like the person is right there with them like they did for Tupac a couple years ago. This was just a giant tv screen so he might have been okay with it
I thought the halftime show was okay but I expected more from him. Feels like he just milked it in

As to the game the Eagles played with a lot of balls, they made a few 4th down calls that were questionable but ended up going in their favor. Was really exciting to watch the game play out

They also had the better trick play which baffles my mind how the defense just ignores the QB on both of those plays. Surprised one of the backs didn't try to ga after them as a blocker at least

Mad props to Nick Foles who joined my main man Eli Manning in the "I beat the Patriots at the Super Bowl" club

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I can't stand the Pats, especially Brady since he's a giant cry baby.

I also don't like the Eagles, especially it's fans, and also because I'm still bitter about two weeks ago. So, fuck 'em

So, since I really don't like either team I didn't bother watching it.

I'm more mad at the fact that I completely forgot about the Puppy Bowl and missed it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I can't stand the Pats, especially Brady since he's a giant cry baby.

I also don't like the Eagles, especially it's fans, and also because I'm still bitter about two weeks ago. So, fuck 'em

So, since I really don't like either team I didn't bother watching it.

I'm more mad at the fact that I completely forgot about the Puppy Bowl and missed it.
How do you forget the puppy bowl?! That's like forgetting the Kitten Bowl, or the Lingerie Bowl! Its just not possible!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I wanted The Eagles to lose. I also wanted The Patriots to lose.

I'm glad it was a great game and at the time I was glad enough that The Eagles won and now seeing more videos of the "celebration" and Eagles fans treating Patriots fans with more bottle throwing and other garbage reminds me why I wanted the Patriots to win.

Seriously, if even just one God Damn Eagle player or Rep said "Hey, that shit isn't cool guys", I'd be back on board but by staying silent, The Eagles are telling everyone they're perfectly fine with having a trashy-ass fan base.

And yes, #NotAllEagleFans but fuck The Eagles, I hope they never get anywhere near a championship again...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
tippy2k2 said:
Seriously, if even just one God Damn Eagle player or Rep said "Hey, that shit isn't cool guys", I'd be back on board but by staying silent, The Eagles are telling everyone they're perfectly fine with having a trashy-ass fan base.
We're talking about fans who threw ice chunks at Santa Claus. Don't look for class in Philly.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
E A G L E S
A
G
L
E
S

Home town pride <3

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I live in MA but I have to admit I don't really care that the Pats lost. Half because I don't care about sports, and half because MA is kind of spoiled on the sports front ATM.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
I'm happy the Eagles won, hopefully that'll take Brady and Belicheat down a peg. The fact that Brady didn't shake Foles' hand after the game just cemented my view of him as a primadonna.

So congrats to Philly on their first ring!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It's always good to see the Pats lose, even if it isn't to the Jets/Giants. (So really just the Giants)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend and I smoked and cooked a brisket for the game on Sunday; it?s a 10-hour process that required us to start drinking really early, so by the time game time came around and we got to the bar with our friends, the game was a blur. But we watched the recording last night, and I must say, it was a great game, the way you want a championship game to go insofar as a battle to the very end. We live just a few miles north of Dallas, so I wanted the Eagles to win, but only because all the Cowboys fans around here hate them with a seething passion, and as a 49ers fan, few things make me happier than a butt-hurt Cowboys or Seahawks fan. But honestly, not having a dog in the fight, I didn?t really care who won; either way would have been a great story: Nick Foles, playing backup to one of the brightest QBs in the league, takes the reins and drags the Eagles with the ?underdog? chip-on-the-shoulder to the big game and wins or Tom Brady, at 74 years old, winning his sixth ring and becoming the single Super Bowl winningest player of all time and tying the true douchebags of the NFL (The Steelers) for most SB wins by a single team.

BUT the 2017 season is behind us; time to look forward. Brady?s not going out like that, so at age 114, he?ll be back in 2018 for his sixth. The Pats unwittingly blessed us in a trade with Jimmy Garoppolo who, out of nowhere, took my 0-10 Niners to a 6-10 record proving that we just might be contenders in the NFC West again as the Seahawks are breaking down and the Cardinals and Rams still struggle to find ?consistency? in the dictionary. Not getting my hopes up, (I?m a Niners fan, not a crazy person,) but the poetic justice of Garoppolo taking us to meet the Pats in Super Bowl 53: Brady on his back on his own 10 yard line, Garoppolo standing over him with the scoreboard behind him reading SF-38:NE-9, and Brady mutters with his dying breath ?Et tu, Brute?? under the hail of red and gold confetti?. A boy can dream?

Scarytown_v1legacy

Mar 24, 2017
At first I had a hard time rooting for either team. Like the rest of the world, I was tired of the Patriots and as a Vikings fan, I was still a bit raw about the spanking we received from the Eagles (also their fan base is next-level ridiculous). Ultimately, in my heart-of-hearts I knew my dreams of a Viking Superbowl was only going to end in flames (always, always in flames...), so I relented and went for the Eagles as I know that feel to be one of the few teams still without a ring. Plus, win or loss, I knew Philly fans were going to burn their city to the ground anyways.

Overall it was an entertaining game. Foles had his David and Goliath moment, only now to be traded off into obscurity (probably the Browns), salty Brady is the best Brady, and halftime/commercials weren't totally awful.