Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So attacking government property is permissible or not based on what, exactly? Based on who it is that does the attacking? Do you have a line drawn, or are you just making this up as you go?
Attacking government property makes much more sense then setting fire to business. This was them literally trying to stage a coup by stopping the process of handing over power between executives.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
But it seems the distinction between "attacking state government buildings" and "attacking federal government buildings" seems to be flimsy and lacking any real substance. Dissatisfaction with government is dissatisfaction with government. The only difference is how big the government is.
We can debate on the flimsiness of it, and that might be worth while, but law is law. Attacking a state government building is different than a federal government building.
Its the difference between storming the Governor of Missouri's residence, and storming the White House. One is considered many magnitudes more serious and has way more armed guards who are more willing to shoot.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
We can debate on the flimsiness of it, and that might be worth while, but law is law. Attacking a state government building is different than a federal government building.
Its the difference between storming the Governor of Missouri's residence, and storming the White House. One is considered many magnitudes more serious and has way more armed guards who are more willing to shoot.
BLM attacked federal government buildings, as I showed you.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
BLM attacked federal government buildings, as I showed you.
So fair is fair. We should have underage American boys take up arms and begin gunning down Trump supporters in DC. You'd be in favor of that I assume, because you just Oh so do hate protesting and riots.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So fair is fair. We should have underage American boys take up arms and begin gunning down Trump supporters in DC. You'd be in favor of that I assume, because you just Oh so do hate protesting and riots.
Sure, if they were acting in self-defense.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
BLM did both of those. Trump supporters did one of those.
Yeah they did and I only see the point of them going after government buildings. No, while trumps rioters did do damage to government property, they tried to impeded a constitutional duty of our congress because they didn't agree with the democratic outcome of an election. This was a coup they attempted, this isn't trying to hold government accountable, this is them trying to tear down the whole of the democratic process.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Good. So you're admittedly in favor of children illegally possessing firearms and illegally traveling across state lines. We can add that to your growing list of recommendations.
I believe that everybody should be able to act in self-defense, regardless of the circumstances that brought them to the situation.
Nobody should just be obligated to lay down an be killed by other civilians.

they tried to impeded a constitutional duty of our congress because they didn't agree with the democratic outcome of an election.
Again, you're making assertions as to the motivations of people, which isn't constructive.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I believe that everybody should be able to act in self-defense, regardless of the circumstances that brought them to the situation.
We'll just toss this into the bag of your wrong beliefs. You don't get to claim self-defense if you're responsible for the attack. Unless in some rare cases that are more theoretical in nature, like if you kick someone in the foot and they retaliate by pulling a gun on you. In that case you could claim self defense because their response to your "attack" was obviously unreasonable. But as a general rule, circumstances matter and they matter a lot. And I am not the least bit surprised that you don't know this. You've demonstrated nothing but pure, unadulterated ignorance on every subject that you were engaged in. Read a fuckin' book every once in a while instead of 8chan and the like.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
We'll just toss this into the bag of your wrong beliefs. You don't get to claim self-defense if you're responsible for the attack. Unless in some rare cases that are more theoretical in nature, like if you kick someone in the foot and they retaliate by pulling a gun on you. In that case you could claim self defense because their response to your "attack" was obviously unreasonable. But as a general rule, circumstances matter and they matter a lot. And I am not the least bit surprised that you don't know this. You've demonstrated nothing but pure, unadulterated ignorance on every subject that you were engaged in. Read a fuckin' book every once in a while instead of 8chan and the like.
Oh don't be too mean. He's is admittedly, proudly and confidently un-educated on American Law. He doesn't know that under-age children can't claim self-defense if they brandish a gun on a random person and then shoot when that person when they try to disarm them.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
First thing first I don't want to hear anything about liberal snowflakes. You president elect lost and your storming the capital to stop the count and have all representatives from both parties getting the hell out of dodge. Good thing they were not black because hoo boy it would of been dealt with so much quicker.

I am looking at insurrection, little bit of sediton and with more news just actual attempts at terrorism with bomb plants. Worst part most of these people will go home and nod thinking they were a part of something great when really this is the most embarrassing and just distressing moments in US history. Many called it and it happened now we trying to go somewhere from here.

Also kudos to the people still talking to Houseman. The man could not even wait til like maybe 5 pages in to "whatabout BLM" this situation. In fact I wish BLM would of done this he would of stayed on topic.

Honestly I the sicko almost wishes this would impede Biden inaugeration just so Nancy Pelosi can become the president.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
under-age children can't claim self-defense if they brandish a gun on a random person and then shoot when that person when they try to disarm them.
The law we went over, word by word, says nothing about any of that being an exception, which I know, because we went over it word by word.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Ew, that better be for accelerationism.
It would just be the perfect irony. Like they did this to Biden and "Democratic hostile fraud takeover" bullshit they believe and in doing so install someone they hate even more. Man the aftermath is whatever but my response would start with an O and end in rgasmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.