Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I mean, in that thread, we went over the relevant law word by word, and yes, you do, provided to attempt to disengage.
Read for yourself: https://forums.escapistmagazine.com...ring-kenosha-happening.811/page-24#post-32788

"pure, unadulterated ignorance" he says, while we're over here quoting law verbatim.
I can quote chapter and verse from a law book too. That does not mean I fully understand it or any conditions it refers to. Being able to read the book of law and quote it makes a person no more a lawyer than buying and wearing military surplus and having a rifle makes you a soldier.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I can quote chapter and verse from a law book too. That does not mean I fully understand it or any conditions it refers to. Being able to read the book of law and quote it makes a person no more a lawyer than buying and wearing military surplus and having a rifle makes you a soldier.
I didn't say "it makes me a lawyer". I said "the words on the page refer exactly to the situation you are describing and explicitly states the opposite of what you are saying. In other words you are wrong".

Or just pretend I said that.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
It would just be the perfect irony. Like they did this to Biden and "Democratic hostile fraud takeover" bullshit they believe and in doing so install someone they hate even more. Man the aftermath is whatever but my response would start with an O and end in rgasmic.
I hate Pelosi too much to agree, but I can appreciate the sentiment, carry on.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I didn't say "it makes me a lawyer". I said "the words on the page refer exactly to the situation you are describing and explicitly states the opposite of what you are saying. In other words you are wrong".
The words on the page require years of study and experience to correctly interpret. I would no more accept your reading of them than you should accept mine. You want to throw chapter and verse at us and have it mean anything, go to fucking school - law or seminary - and get back to us.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The words on the page require years of study and experience to correctly interpret. I would no more accept your reading of them than you should accept mine. You want to throw chapter and verse at us and have it mean anything, go to fucking school - law or seminary - and get back to us.
Sure, but then we shouldn't seriously regard SilentPony's or AdamJensen's opinion about self-defense either.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sure, but then we shouldn't seriously regard SilentPony's or AdamJensen's opinion about self-defense either.
I don’t; I consider them opinions - ones that I agree with but opinions all the same. I do consider them to be infinitely more likely to be correct than you but given you’re some combination of the mad hatter and a memes machine they’re not exactly clearing a high jump bar.

Christ I detest everything Tstorm says but at least I would feel confident swearing before a court that he’s a smart and informed man. You? I wouldn’t trust you to tell me the time of day.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Trump supporters are just making republicans look worse. They are digging their own graves. I don't think most of them will vote Republican, unless their messiah is there.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
"When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat." - George Carlin.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I hate Pelosi too much to agree, but I can appreciate the sentiment, carry on.
Not looking for agreement I mean this is some high tier schadenfreude and I aware no one want Pelosi near anything and most treat her as a necessary evil at best.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Trump supporters are just making republicans look worse. They are digging their own graves. I don't think most of them will vote Republican, unless their messiah is there.
I mean they have been doing that for a while. Even I put Trump Supports and Republicans in different categories though overlap can be generous. I can still see plenty of them voting red regardless but getting a candidate that outright in stirring the populist, racist, us vs them rhetoric in such an abrazen manner and hopefully never again.

Just with more subdued and with tact like the past candidates.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Again, you're making assertions as to the motivations of people, which isn't constructive.
Oh please, you don't storm congress and interrupt the counting of electors unless you are trying to impede democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.