Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I think it's up to you to demonstrate that utilities owned by local/regional government are so much higher in the USA than other countries to more than make up the difference. Because you can "debate" all you like, but unless you want to stump up data, it's nothing more than empty yapping.
I didn't make the initial claim. The person who did provided no source. Your source only acknowledged national owned things. I'm sure nations in Europe also have lots of utilities owned publicly but not by the nation specifically, I'm sure cities own utilities around the world. I'm not responsible for dredging up difficult data to find, if it isn't easy to support an argument, why would we treat it as such a obvious thing?
Yes, except it doesn't really undermine the point.
Then why did you ellipses over it?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Then why did you ellipses over it?
I don't think the amount of permissions for occasional breaches are anything like as important. Often stricter limits may necessitate a little more flexibility on breaches because stricter limits are easier to breach, thus risk of making the system unworkably punitive.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I don't think the amount of permissions for occasional breaches are anything like as important. Often stricter limits may necessitate a little more flexibility on breaches because stricter limits are easier to breach, thus risk of making the system unworkably punitive.
If you didn't think it was meaningful, you wouldn't have gone to the effort of deleting it. And also, again, that fact that this is a difficult thing to quantify with arguments for either system is reason enough to question the "Europe is so left wing, we don't even recognize American politics, Bernie Sanders would be centrist here" nonsense that people put out there all the time.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
If you didn't think it was meaningful, you wouldn't have gone to the effort of deleting it.
I deleted it in the hope you might not look, because at least then there was a chance you wouldn't do what you nearly always do, which is state something unsupportable and then grasp onto whatever fraying threads are around to pretend you've got a rope to hold it up with.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If you didn't think it was meaningful, you wouldn't have gone to the effort of deleting it.
To gripe about portions of a post getting cut from the reply is a bit of a cheek, considering you cut almost the entirety of my last couple of posts providing the evidence you asked for, just to make a specious quibble about BP.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
To gripe about portions of a post getting cut from the reply is a bit of a cheek, considering you cut almost the entirety of my last couple of posts providing the evidence you asked for, just to make a specious quibble about BP.
Responding to a just part of a post is not anywhere near the same thing as editing out pieces of a source to misrepresent it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I would have one hell of a chuckle if consevatives psychotic drive to force people to have children would result in a plummet in birth rates due to people choosing to get sterilized.
Obvious they should ban hysterectomies then.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

The woman left the state to save her life, because of course she would, but the Texas supreme court has come down and said that her life threatening child isn't life threatening enough.

Reactions: Silvanus

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
In Monday’s ruling, the justices say the law does not “ask the doctor to wait until the mother is within an inch of death or her bodily impairment is fully manifest or practically irreversible. The exception does not mandate that a doctor in a true emergency await consultation with other doctors who may not be available. Rather, the exception is predicated on a doctor’s acting within the zone of reasonable medical judgment, which is what doctors do every day.”
Except that the woman in question was in and out of the emergency room several times already, but that's not close enough

Abortion bans with "exceptions" are plainly a crock of shit. It's clearly all or nothing at the end of the day and anything else is just playing for time

Reactions: crimson5pheonix