Survey Hints That Assassin's Creed 3 Will Be Awesome

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
FlashHero said:
Everyone one choose new time period...Ezio is cool and all but he already had 2 whole games devoted to him.

WTF:..i Dont meet the market demographic to take the Survey for AC3???..but..i AM the market demographic..sniffle
Same here... my guess is that its the site's general filter, not one that Ubisoft put up.

Ubisoft should've picked one of the less restrictive sites for this...

But... if Ubisoft is smart, they'll also look at the comments pages for articles about the survey, like this one.

So just in case... of that list, I'd like to see all of the first 5 included in the next game.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I have to say that I am loving the multiplayer in Brotherhood. It's original and actully takes some skills, unless you are using the pistol your cheating basterd.

But it will take a miricale to save the wreak that is Assasin's Creeds story.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
-Zen- said:
I just want the story to progress so we can get to the final game as soon as possible, where I expect we'll have Desmond freerunning in a metropolis, using a variety of weapons and modern freerunning innovations. I want to see the end of this story, damnit.

Also, a variety of grenades wouldn't be the slightest bit efficient unless they drastically change the game's desgin.
That's what I've been hoping for too. Ezio's story and setting were cool and all, but the whole point of AC2 is for Desmond to be learning these skills to use in the modern world. So, he's got the mojo now, we know where the artifacts are, let Desmond go take on the modern Templars.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I'd like any of these, really. My top 3 are new assassin, enhanced eagle vision and more multiplayer maps.

May 25, 2010
Shycte said:
I have to say that I am loving the multiplayer in Brotherhood. It's original and actully takes some skills, unless you are using the pistol your cheating basterd.

I agree with this 100%. The cliffhangers are starting to get to me, plus the entirety of Desmond's story has been a mess pretty much since the first. Each assassin he visits however doesn't have to suffer the same fate. Ezio's story in AC2 was just brilliant.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
1, 2, 5, 6, and 9 are all interesting concepts that I really think Ubisoft should give a try. Particularly the co-op(offline or otherwise), I really want to see them come up with some fiendishly difficult assassinations that can't be done without perfect coordination between players.

Ubisoft should also pursue 6 and move the story forward to another iconic time period - I feel Victorian England would be perfect. Dark atmosphere, tall and iconic architecture...

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Ophiuchus said:
So much focus on multiplayer makes me a bit concerned. They seem to have got the balance right in AC:B - single player first and foremost, multiplayer as an extra. Hopefully they can keep the balance and not fuck it up by short-changing the single player for the sake of multiplayer like so many games do these days.
Thank you. You have restored my faith in the human race.

I want to go back even further to an earlier time period (Assassin's Creed with Vikings and Indians anybody?).

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Enhanced eagle vision and a new assassin preferably female this time to mix things up a little, maybe a little crafting in it.

all in all, this survey is a damn good idea.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
Shycte said:

I agree with this 100%. The cliffhangers are starting to get to me, plus the entirety of Desmond's story has been a mess pretty much since the first. Each assassin he visits however doesn't have to suffer the same fate. Ezio's story in AC2 was just brilliant.
Personlly, I think that the problem is these whole Piece of Eden/Old Gods/more shit. If the focus where on the war between Assasins and Templars it would be much better.

Also, I didn't like Ezios story, he didn't feel like a Assasin like Altair did.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Don't want to see the guard patrol paths

Part of the thrill of silently wiping out a district's worth of guards (both the street level groups and the lone rooftop archers) was watching everyone for a while until I worked out how to get them alone

I'd like to do SOME of the work myself

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
"4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)"

This never works out... What is the real difference between poison and explosive for example?
They still die either way. And flash and smoke also have the same goal?

Example; who used the poison attack in AC2?
Loads of times, used it more in brotherhood once I had the dart but still used it.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Shycte said:
Personlly, I think that the problem is these whole Piece of Eden/Old Gods/more shit. If the focus where on the war between Assasins and Templars it would be much better.

I haven't played Brotherhood yet, but yeah, all this magic and aliens business is intruding on the old-timey feel of ancient Italy.

The Codex was a really immersive method of storytelling, but that's as far as it should have gone. The pieces of Eden just push the WTF limit.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What? I don't meet their demographic?!

Curse you, Ubisoft! Curse you and your targeted marketing!

Ubisoft said:
1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
Oh no...

They're trying to add a grappling hook... Everyone run! Save yourselves! The realistic physics in this area has just dropped to a dangerously low level!

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
"4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)"

This never works out... What is the real difference between poison and explosive for example?
They still die either way. And flash and smoke also have the same goal?

Example; who used the poison attack in AC2?
The thing about the Assassin Creed games is that they are easy. You can play them in a variety of different ways, whether its reasonable or not.

Honestly, a person would have absolutely no fun if they just ran at the targets each time they play. Sometimes getting creative is pretty neat.

OT: All sounds good, just don't make it about Ezio. Its getting a bit ridiculous, seeing how he reasonably is considered a Senior at the beginning of Brotherhood. Not many people were active during their forties back then.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
sooperman said:
Shycte said:

I haven't played Brotherhood yet, but yeah, all this magic and aliens business is intruding on the old-timey feel of ancient Italy.

The Codex was a really immersive method of storytelling, but that's as far as it should have gone. The pieces of Eden just push the WTF limit.
Totally agree.

Holy Artefacts and all is okay, but this alien thingy.... Come on Ubisoft. You used to be cool.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Sure.
Hell Yeah.
Couldn't hurt.
Yep.
U-Huh.
Japan!
Scoot-lund!
Sick.
Yes.
Yes.
Tick.
NO CLUTTER!
Of-course.
Don't make it too heavy handed on RPG-esk statistics, and it could be applicable.
Affirmative.