Survey says 79% are no more interested in the Xbox One at $399.99

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Wait till Halo 5 comes out. If it's really good (and I definitely think it's gonna be based on a bunch of stuff that I don't feel like going into right now), it's going to sell systems faster than you can say "180."

Basically what Halo 3 did for the 360.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
I actually commend Microsoft for not waiting too long with this and admitting the mandatory Kinect was a mistake.
But the thing is they haven't admitted that it's a mistake. They only ever stated it was to make the Xbox One appeal to more people, but that the Kinect version was still the better version. That's not admitting failure, that's an excuse to make it look like you (Microsoft) hadn't shot yourself in the foot.

Like a few people have said, it's just too little too late.

OT:
The statistics are probably not wrong, but they're definitely not accurate.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
At this point in the lifecycle its worth noting that there are probably 4 key groups:
People who already own an Xbox One.
People who already own a PS4
People who have no interest at all.
People who have decided to wait a minimum of 12 months before moving into the XB1/PS4 generation.

All in all, that means Im totally unsurprised that most people havent changed their stance recently.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
bug_of_war said:
Casual Shinji said:
I actually commend Microsoft for not waiting too long with this and admitting the mandatory Kinect was a mistake.
But the thing is they haven't admitted that it's a mistake. They only ever stated it was to make the Xbox One appeal to more people, but that the Kinect version was still the better version.
This is what pisses me off the most. They won't admit that they've made a mistake. So it looks like they're talking down on us "peasants" who just can't see how glorious their Kinect vision is.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Forza Horizon 2 and Halo 5.

These are literally the only games for which I'd buy an XBone. And of the two of them, one is coming to the 360, and the other won't be out until 2015.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
The PS4 and the Xbone are even more similar now, and all it really comes down to marketing and exclusives.

Of course at this stage in the game, this kinda move wasn't going to convince the majority to buy an Xbone if they haven't already but I actually think that convincing 21% more people to come aboard is actually a pretty big accomplishment.