Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse

JaysonM

Sep 29, 2010
What would you do if your Country was invaded by zombies. Where would you go?

PS. The zombies are resident evil zombies and are slowish and mindless. Not 28 day later zombies xD.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Sit at my computer, reading about it on the forums and watching YouTube videos. You know, as per usual. If the military force or just a grandma with a frying pan can't kill something that moves as though it's stuck to the floor, we're not worth saving. And we have a lot of hungry dogs on the streets too...

JaysonM

Sep 29, 2010
darth.pixie said:
Sit at my computer, reading about it on the forums and watching YouTube videos. You know, as per usual. If the military force or just a grandma with a frying pan can't kill something that moves as though it's stuck to the floor, we're not worth saving. And we have a lot of hungry dogs on the streets too...
I've always wondered how a zombie over runs a military tank . .

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
wait for Americas oversize military to kick zombie ass...there's only so much a zombie can do against an Apache
(note i am American and this maaay be a retarded post :p )

Divein53

Jul 31, 2011
Find simon pegg and cillian murphy and make a run for the nearest military base/pub.
I hear they have experience in this sort of thing.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I'd be surprised in zombies actually made it to a major breakout if it's the slow kind. We've basically been trained, many of us from our youth, to kill zombies. The hardest part would be killing off family and/or friends if they got infected, and even then, there's always strangers to do it for you.

But, if it did happen, and it did get here, I'd go try looting guns, food, and other important items. From there, depending on severity, I'd just go home (I live in the country surounded by open area, surrounded by NRA-loving farmers and rednecks. So one of the safest areas possible really.) or I'd go up north to where it's colder if it got too bad. No body heat makes colder climates better, if only because it'll slow them down or freeze them.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Hope I figure out something is wrong before I wake up with a zombie eating my face and go from there.

If the above happens I'd stock up on water, canned food, medicine, ammo for my guns, pool resources with my friends/family, batteries, plywood, radio, walkie talkies and other things. I'd barricade the sh*t out of my house and wait for things to cool down a bit. Establish fallback stashes in the house and out of the house. Make sure we have a de facto leader who is worth a damn instead of someone who only thinks they are a good leader*cough*my older brother*cough*. And prepare to fight other survivors looking to take what is ours. Set up a routine for everybody(watch, radio, maintenance, food, sanitation, patrol/raid)

Also depending on how long it has been I'd raid a garden store and pick up seeds and fertilizer, find a way to restore any services that have gone down if at all possible and if not possible I'd go with generators, jury rigged plumbing, bikes hooked up to car batteries, etc

edit: I have enough guns to arm 5 people with a long gun and a side arm. If I add the other guns in the house I can arm more.

edit 2: After the initial chaos, if I see anyone dressed as Lord Humungous I will personally shoot you in the face before you can get out, "Just walk..." *BLAM!*

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
Wait for the Government to clean it up.

If the Military can't survive a zombie apocalypse, I don't see much hope for the rest of us.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Simple, I have a full plan. Put it this way, no matter what happens, even if the zombies started in my home town, they wouldn't be spread so fast that warning wouldn't be given. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE will be shocked as all of a sudden a really slow moving zombie walks in. Because we have all kinds of media, I swear within 5 minutes of it starting, everyone would know.

So, I would simply get me and my dad to grab everything we want to take or anything (as much as possible, we have a huge trailer and a huge car. Then, go to the gun cabinet (we live in Australia, not many gun stores but my father is a police man and went to a shooting club and my mother is an Olympian who competed in Biathlons, which is skiing around then shooting targets.) I would get dad's old rifles from his shooting club days, grab my Lacrosse armour and sticks, load EVERYTHING up and go to mums.

Then, get my mums wagon, my brothers Ute and load EVERYTHING into them. Also, grab my dog, Angel, then get mums old guns and all possible things. Then, drive up to my nana's farm, which is right next to my cousins farm, with HUGE amounts of land and hills. Also, no one else lives on their street, and there is about 2 neighbours around them at the most, so whoopty doo if they become zombies, we can deal with them.

Once I am there, fortify the area they live on and the cows stay on, so we have gardens, a dairy farm, two houses and a caravan. Once that is done, go to the town that is about half an hour away from them, get everyone to come with me, then get the only two neighbors, bring them in and boom. A fortress with a food supply, HUGE amounts of room and a HUGE army to guard it.

A few words to the zombies.

COME.

AT.

ME.

BRO.

/huge crazy zombie plan over

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Go to the Middle of Australia? They'll all pop from the immense heat as I hide my with my native friends! :D

TAKE THAT ZOMBIES!

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
We've already got a gameplan for that. First we all meet up at the pub (Shaun of the Dead style) then we take the safest route across the canal to the police station. We figured that since everyone will be in panic and chaos the police station would be relatively empty, allowing us to sneak in to take guns and batons.

After that, we all pile in one car and hit a few corner shops (nothing too big) to stock up on bottled waters. From there it's just a case of retreating to our planned hideout for the zombie apocolypse: Gawthorpe Hall. It's about a mile out of the way, secluded, hidden, enormous and well fortified. It also has one of those open roofs that you can access from the top floor.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Gaiseric said:
And prepare to fight other survivors looking to take what is ours. Set up a routine for everybody(watch, radio, maintenance, food, sanitation, patrol/raid)
Question. What kind of survivors are you? Are you going to be paranoid and insular or could I say, show up and trade fruit for salt? Have a large yard and many fruit trees (it's like a little orchard with things coming in year round, loquats, guavas, almonds, oranges, plums, nectarines, peaches, grapes, lemons, figs.). They make more than we can eat when they bear fruit, and we have no materials for canning, so I might try to trade some if I'm not going to eat any bullets instead.

As for my own plans? I'd probably hope to go unnoticed. Dunno how good a plan that is, but the best most people have probably. Of course I don't think they could get off the ground to begin with, and if they turn into a rolling tide of death then you're probably hosed no matter what.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Ghengis John said:
Gaiseric said:
And prepare to fight other survivors looking to take what is ours. Set up a routine for everybody(watch, radio, maintenance, food, sanitation, patrol/raid)
Question. What kind of survivors are you? Are you going to be paranoid and insular or could I say, show up and trade fruit for salt? Have a large yard and many fruit trees (it's like a little orchard with things coming in year round, loquats, guavas, almonds, oranges, plums, nectarines, peaches, grapes, lemons, figs.). They make more than we can eat when they bear fruit, and we have no materials for canning, so I might try to trade some if I'm not going to eat any bullets instead.

As for my own plans? I'd probably hope to go unnoticed. Dunno how good a plan that is, but the best most people have probably. Of course I don't think they could get off the ground to begin with, and if they turn into a rolling tide of death then you're probably hosed no matter what.
Trade is a welcome possibility especially for fresh food which would be very rare very quick. Of course we'd have to trust you first.

So a bit of both :D

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Why am I now thinking about someone setting up a Minecraft zombie server? DAMN IT ESCAPIST! Ok, I'll brb. I am going to go make a city with zombie spawners everywhere and get the zombie attack mods from craftbukkit, then you can join and we have a great fun time recreating our own lives in a zombie infection. It's time to make my Movecraft car..... YAYS FOR INTERNET IDEAS!

Lol, I would, but I can't ever get an online Minecraft server.... damnit!

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
There is no way in my current state I'd be able to survive the Zombie Apocalypse if it were to occur. Guess I'd find a place to die...

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Well I think I'd coat myself in armour (layer of comfy clothes, leather gloves, leather jacket, leather pants, iron-toe-boots, motorcycle-helmet, perhaps glue some metal on top of the leather) grab a chainsaw and other melee(knives) as personal defense ( I live in the Netherlands, I don't know ANYONE who has a gun, I haven't even SEEN a real gun in my life). Possibly a paintball-gun with iron ball bearing thingies. You can buy those in a store right?
Go to my dad's, fetch a shitload of planks and lumber from his workshop, barricade myself after stealing the supermarket I work in dry. Hold out. Get a few generators for my pc and ps3, so i can remain entertained.
Hold out until the Army goes for the kill. If they are overwhelmed, the Americans will not be. I mean, help out a bro right?