Suspected Lulzsec Hacker found... in Essex

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Normandyfoxtrot said:
Scrubiii said:
What's that? Someone in Britain has committed a crime on the internet? Extradite them immediately!

Seriously America, leave us alone. We can deal with our own criminals.
I suspect we believe our penalties are higher and that our interest where more impacted than British.
Especially when the attacks are against the CIA.

Shadowphrin

Jan 22, 2011
It makes me inappropriately happy that they discovered one in Essex. Finally my county can claim fame for something other than the kind of people who appear on The Only Way Is Essex.

(also he should pay for his crimes, how awful, etc etc)

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
HOLY SHIT GUYS I TAKE IT ALL BACK

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Cleary-was-the-one-who-hacked-the-pSN/120197191395132?sk=wall

This page was started in May, it's the same guy they just arrested.

Turns out the FBI don't know what Facebook is.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/

This is the place everyone should be watching for arrests. They are the ones gathering the evidence and sending it to the FBI, and even they are saying the person caught isn't anything more than an IRC operator.

Susan Arendt said:
Normandyfoxtrot said:
Scrubiii said:
What's that? Someone in Britain has committed a crime on the internet? Extradite them immediately!

I suspect we believe our penalties are higher and that our interest where more impacted than British.
And an FBI affiliate.

Scrubiii

Apr 19, 2011
Normandyfoxtrot said:
Scrubiii said:

Maybe American penalties are harsher and maybe your government does believe that. Unfortunately, he is a British citizen, he committed a crime in Britain and as such should be tried in Britain.

The US government is not a global law-enforcement agency no matter how much they might want to be. This man has a right to be tried in his home country.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
TheDarkEricDraven said:
An agoraphobic? What a master of terror he must be. Proof Lulsex is a bunch of wimps who hide behind a computer to do things they'd be scared to in real life.
So what, he should walk up to people and punch them or something? Prove he's a big manly man and accomplish much less?

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I wonder if this Ryan is the same Ryan who started an uprising in Anonymous and stole admin privalages and later attacked AnonOps.com. If so, his capture is very interesting indeed. I've always maintained that LulzSec are actually Ryan's followers, no matter how much they try to deny it or any involvement with Anonymous as a whole. This would also match up with the strange partnership Anonymous and Lulzsec formed recently for AntiSec. Everything just seems a bit too convenient. Hell, if i was a conspiracy theorist, i'd say that Ryan was set up as a patsy - he gets taken out of the picture, Anonymous restores its leadership, and his followers get to run things freely now that the police are satisfied with a 'token arrest'.

LulzSec did tweet that Ryan Cleary was, at best, 'mildly associated with us'. Whether or not you believe them is up to you. While you should always take what criminals say with a pinch of salt (or perhaps the whole shaker), LulzSec seem to fulfil this 'Robin Hood' image of criminals who are very open and honest about what they do, so if they were in trouble, they'd come out with it and call for their supports to avenge them or announce some sort of retaliation.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Vault Girl said:
Just watched the BBC news at 10, apparently US and British agencies have found one of the key Lulzsec hackers, a 19 year old agoraphobic, in Essex. He and another teenager are currently trying to fight extradition to the States for trial action.

I don't want to wear out on the who hacking scandal, but what are your feelings on this? Particularly if you are a PS3 owner like me?
Why the US? You'd think each country can prosecute their own people.

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
Gralian said:
I wonder if this Ryan is the same Ryan who started an uprising in Anonymous and stole admin privalages and later attacked AnonOps.com. If so, his capture is very interesting indeed. I've always maintained that LulzSec are actually Ryan's followers, no matter how much they try to deny it or any involvement with Anonymous as a whole. This would also match up with the strange partnership Anonymous and Lulzsec formed recently for AntiSec. Everything just seems a bit too convenient. Hell, if i was a conspiracy theorist, i'd say that Ryan was set up as a patsy - he gets taken out of the picture, Anonymous restores its leadership, and his followers get to run things freely now that the police are satisfied with a 'token arrest'.

LulzSec did tweet that Ryan Cleary was, at best, 'mildly associated with us'. Whether or not you believe them is up to you. While you should always take what criminals say with a pinch of salt (or perhaps the whole shaker), LulzSec seem to fulfil this 'Robin Hood' image of criminals who are very open and honest about what they do, so if they were in trouble, they'd come out with it and call for their supports to avenge them or announce some sort of retaliation.
Yeah, it's defiantly the same guy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Cleary-was-the-one-who-hacked-the-pSN/120197191395132?sk=wall

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/862817-anonymous-hacked-by-hacker-who-was-hacked-off

http://anonops.blogspot.com/2011/05/ryan-cleary-exposed.html

http://s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2011/05/13/13-deusex-620.jpg

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
Well, apparently LulzSec is feeling the heat.

Here's an interesting chat extract featuring Topiary aka T aka WhirlPool aka Daniel Ackerman Sandberg (old Anon it is said)

http://pastebin.com/kfi3Ticq

Excerpt :

S'up Daniel
s'appening [removed]
You OK?
could be better, you seen the pdf table thing with all the names I take it?
Saw that, but you seen the thing today?
bro I've been playing it off since fakegregg said something about Zelda
ah, well, you should keep low man
I can't at this point, I need to just straight up deny it 100% and flaunt it everywhere
but I trust you, you know how it is
if I go hide then people will assume the dox are right
so I'll just act like they failed hard

and it gets better :

yeah but if I deny my real dox enough, people will go looking for other dox
then nobody will believe I'm me
and all you bastards told me my Brit voice was good, damnit
did they get voice recognition?
well when you talk the Swedish accent comes out a bit
but not for a couple of minutes
these faggots aren't hitting the UK ****** Topiary
why aren't they?
I'm hoping someone will go after him and think it's me, then I'll act all scared etc
then boom - you drop all the heat on him
ANYTHING to divert attention from that fuckign nameshub
I'm assuming they put that to Feds
so I might be raided soon
fucking shit
goddamnit

In any case, these fucking LulzSec cyber-Genghis Khan wannabees will soon get their comeuppance.

P.S : For more news on there fucking LulzTerrorists getting it up the bum, visit this site for the group that apparently is dedicated to exposing them :

P.S.S : Also, apply the "Baghdad Bob Rule" with LulzSec. The more vehemently they deny the shit they are in,the deeper they are actually sinking...

"There are no American Tanks in Baghdad!"

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Low Key said:

This is the place everyone should be watching for arrests. They are the ones gathering the evidence and sending it to the FBI, and even they are saying the person caught isn't anything more than an IRC operator.

Susan Arendt said:
Normandyfoxtrot said:
Scrubiii said:

And an FBI affiliate.
... and the UK census. Which is what he was arrested in connection with. ;)

Mar 9, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
The IRC's have to leave a trace of their IP right?

Calumon: Does this mean that I can go online again without someone stealing me? :S
I'm fairly certain they do, however it's more than likely that those who are seriously involved with LulSec use IP addresses that change every other second. So it's unlikely that they'll catch them that way.

Calumon, I wish I could say you could, but you still can't.

OT: A step forward is a step forward. I'm just enjoying watching the entire thing unravel itself. When LulSec attack, I laugh, when the police attack, I laugh.

Thank God we're back to CAPTCHA, I couldn't stand another question about fucking Ron Howard.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Everything on the Internet is traceable, even the famed 'seven proxies' will only slow someone determined down. The trick most of these lot use is to not be worth finding, they keep low key enough that they're just not worth tracing. LulzSec broke the actual first rule of a *chan raid; don't be worth looking for.
They are more apt to have been found bragging about what they have done with the same username they always use so they'll have a reputation. In the blog about exposing Lulzsec, it just looks like they were really good at googling and social engineering.

Meeelvin said:
No they are not. They can always leave a gift timed bomb to the server they touch so the log of their arrival/exist will go boom
No, that's not how it works. You can mask where you are coming from in chats, but you can't completely erase them from the logs. Current session logs have to be kept for bookkeeping and kicking unwanted users.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Wicky_42 said:
... and the UK census. Which is what he was arrested in connection with. ;)
CIA & FBI > Census in terms of scope. However, depending on what kind of sentence they'll get in the UK, America might not fight too hard for extradition.

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
@Meelvin.

You seem to have a very idealized view of hackers in general and LulzSec in particular. They aren't James Bonds or action heroes. They aren't geniuses or even clever. They are just assholes seeking attention instead of getting a fucking life.

They're shut-in losers that probably anybody of us here could bitchslap around easily.

Making bombs...please. These LulzSec fucktards couldn't make a sandwich.