sweet racing game any suggestions?

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
True. I'm inclined the other way. Track times etc get boring for me. Car carnage never does >:D Especially in Burnout, which has one of the best damage systems i have seen in a car game. You almost never see the same wreck twice.

Mkaes me wish for a new flatout/ destruction derby game :( Except if its flatout KEEP TO THE OLD BANGERS! The game lost something when it switched to street racing cars.

Price0331

Mar 8, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Matthew94 said:
What did Wolfram post that was ban-worthy?
I think they counted his post as advertising because it was a link to his article or something.

Bit of a shitty reason to suspend someone really, it was all on topic.
Yeah, I'm not a regular poster to these forums, but that mod must of had some sort of U.S. Homeland Security internet conduct standard to ban someone for that.

OT: I'm not partial to racing games, but Sonic Generations has had me grinding my teeth to get a faster speed each time, might be something to try?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
NFS Most Wanted,and Underground 1 and 2 maybe. Most Wanted did the pursuit system best in my opinion, and I love playing it again and again ^.^ Loved the city too

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli is pretty awesome. I had it on the PS2, but it must be glorious in HD. There's also a new sim coming to the PSN, I don't know the name. Looks a bit lower-res but quite realistic.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
if you can suspend 'realism' for 'fun'

Burnout, 3 in particular, only racing game i've really been into for any massive length of time

as to your request for 'realistic' racers, i ... can't help ya

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
when i say more realistic i just mean not cartoonie(mario cart for example) and thanks all for the suggestions. ima look over all of them tommorow and plz keep posting :)

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
Jasper Jeffs said:
GRID is awesome, it's not too realistic but not too arcadey either. Every car is just so fucking satisfying to drive. That, combined with the awesome sound, graphics, racing tracks and cockpit view make it one of the best racing games I've played.
Yes, GRID is definitely a very good choice. Like he said, the driving physics are extremely satisfying, and one cool thing about the game is that the replays are actually really fun to watch due to the clever camera placement, and the great soundtrack.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
ssgt splatter said:
I'd say Forza 4 is pretty sweet.
He's looking for a game on the PS3. Forza is an XBOX exclusive title.

OT: I'd have to say gt5 as well. Shift 2 is alright, and the drifting in it was much improved over the previous games, but the handling of the supercars is a little... off.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I played a lot of Burnout: Paradise during the free month of VIP we got after the hack and thought it was pretty damn fun. Since I'm not a fan of racing games I guess that's a plus.
It's already been mentioned, but unfortunetly it's all I got.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I had fun with Split/Second myself, though it kinda got old after they had you running the same tracks over and over. I also enjoyed Blur. Driver: San Fransico is a bit of a racing game and I'm having fun with it. Though I don't like how it forces those stupid dares out after every chapter.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, much better than The Run.

Burnout: Paradise, honestly IMO one of the best online experiences going!

Driver: San Francisco if you want crazy carnage, a fun storyline and just a good time all round.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Somonah said:
I'd go with WipeoutHD. It's cheap, great racing and as for realism, who knows maybe it is super realistic. Maybe that's how racing will be in the future. You don't know. Shut up.

EDIT: Isn't there a cheap version of GT5 that's just the arcade quick race stuff? If there is maybe try that.
I'd recommend Wipeout HD as well. Very fun arcade style racing game, and quite cheap despite being pretty well filled with content. Well worth the purchase.

And I believe the GT game you're thinking of is GT5: Prologue. It's got far fewer cars, I believe coming in around 90 or so if memory serves, and there's less options to customize the cars that are there, but I would honestly recommend it over GT5 myself for the simple reason that the actual driving and race gameplay was flatout better than GT5. GT5 had a disappointing lack of races considering how long it was in development, added a stupid leveling system that made the end game utterly unbearable, and made money a bit too difficult to come by. The AI also didn't get any real improvements from Prologue, and there were so few restrictions on races that it made finding a challenge in the game difficult (which is admittedly a problem with most GT titles).

But Prologue had far more restrictions on what you could enter into races, and the challenge was at a much better level because of it, and because of the lack of customization options. You actually had to get better to beat a lot of the later races, not simply buy/win a better car and power your way to victory like you can do in 90% of GT5.

Overall it was a much more streamlined and rewarding racing experience. If you don't mind not having the huge car roster then get Prologue. If you want the huge car roster, dust off your PS2 (or buy one if you haven't already) and go find GT4, because GT5 is not worth the money unless you want to play online.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
Skylare said:
Hi people! i was just wondering if anyone knew a rly awesome racing game for the ps3 preferable one thats been out for a while and kinda cheap(if you know a new one to plz post) i was thinking about getting nfs the run but the ratings are like 6/10 any suggest i should still get it?
if you are up for a difrent driving experience then I sugest Test Drive Unlimited 2, a mmo racing game, thats just as fine as a single player experiens.
Its cheap its huge (2 whole islands to drive around on)

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
White-Death said:
-DiRT 3/DiRT 2
-RACEDRIVER:GRiD
-NFS Shift 2 unleashed.
-GTR2
-*Anything by SiMBiN*
Except the OP wants it on PS3, so that rules out GTR2 and anything by SiMBiN, indeed any hard core sim at all.

Anyway OP the most sim like offering I can think of is F1 2011, a definite improvement on 2010, its price (on PC anyway) drops dramatically after release because it is such a niche title. If you like some realism and shaving thousandths of a second off you lap then F1 2011 may be for you.