Switzerland might make incest legal.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
interesting..
http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352040&catid=37

I honestly believe between two adults if consent is given from each, and you don't physically harm another person it should be ok.. situation pending of course. but that's my opinion. What about everyone else here?

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Sounds inoffensive to me, though they should probably keep up some restriction on direct biological procreation. But what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is nothing for the state to interfere in, and with insemination etc. genetic variety could be upheld.

Not something there would be a lot of demand for though, social taboos and the Westermarck effect would see to that.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Oh ho ho ho....no. No this is a bad idea. Look, I know we like to be all permissive on this website but the damage to children from even one incident of inbreeding is massive.
When did sex equal procreation in modern times?

There's plenty of contraception methods available, sterilisation, birth control pills, and condoms to name a few, as well as copious sex acts which can't result in pregnancy. Furthermore there's the access to abortion.

Just outlaw the procreation. Or vaginal intercourse if strict. It's not like the law has any actual effect when there isn't a child to prove the sexual relation anyway.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
this is so wrong, the chances of any child being born with no problems is minute. and legalising it is paramount to encouraging it.
come on Switzerland, get your crap together

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
That whole fucking area just INSISTS on being trailblazers in this whole law shit.

I am completely indifferent. Whatever two consenting adults do in their own time is their own business.
And it should stay their own damn business unless they want a slap.

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
YukoValis said:
interesting..
http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352040&catid=37

I honestly believe between two adults if consent is given from each, and you don't physically harm another person it should be ok.. situation pending of course. but that's my opinion. What about everyone else here?
have to agree two consenting adults who love each other should be allowed to express that love however i will say that it might not be wise to have kids due to the bullying the child will recieve and the hightened chance of genetic diseses the child could catch

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
ummm... not touching this with a 40 foot pole... I myself have had NO interest in said activity, but I guess if cousins have considered the implications, then I suppose its ok

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Depends on relationship.
A grand/step/parent x child, uncle/aunt x nephew/niece, sibling x sibling relationship are all appalling. Forget the whole "OMG deformed children" argument, all of the above examples have the potential, for one party (generally the elder) to influence the other.
Its the same reason that society frowns upon and persecutes teacher x student relationships, regardless of the student being of legal age.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
What you do in the bedroom is your own business, none of mine and vice versa. Just keep to yourself Cletus.

ravensheart18 said:
You are wrong, that's just prejudice speaking. The reality is hte oposite of what you are saying, the chance of a child born with any problem is only minutely more than in the general population, and in some casese, less.

While it is true that some genetic faults can be more common with close family bonding (because you could share the same fault to begin with), and in other cases the risk is less because you shared gentics don't contain that fault. Also much of that risk can be eliminated or assessed by genetic screening these days. Some of that same risk exists if you come from a small community and marry within it.

Just like the case of gay men and women, the state has no business telling these adults who they can sleep with or love, all incest laws should be struck down.
Damn! Ninja'd! Just for the lulz, the practice of incest was actually very common in Ancient Egypt, primarily in the Royal Families. King Amenhotep was married to his sister Nefertiti, if I'm not mistaken (probably am though)

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Fuck family says I. Interpret that however you like. If two persons love eachother, let them be. If they're related, just make sure they don't get kids <.<

EDIT: GOD DAMN ME. I always think of brother-sister relationships when I hear incest. But it involves father-daughter stuff too Dx I don't support people humping their descendants.