Taco News - Cuphead Developer Calls Journalists Wimps

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Doctor Professor said:
Now I see from your join date you've been here for a while but maybe you've been absent the last few months where the news articles just stopped and content was either recycled, or winding down (in Garwulf's case), or just recently restarted by Patreon but not featured (Cinemarter). Taco News started not long ago on the actual site itself and every article previous has been Onion-level fake news, but everything else that's been posted on the news section has been rehashed bullshit or "Escapist Deals" bullshit.
So, forgive me if I feel like you're taking this a bit far in the drama department since it seems you haven't been here in a while and haven't really the knowledge to make a decision on whether or not this is good content. Because honestly, there's been 0 content worth a damn for a good while now, and satirical news posts are the least egregious thing that's happened here. Also a few moments reading the content of the article should have been a dead giveaway.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:
Winnosh said:
BTW I just have to say this. Yes after rereading this and checking things I figured out it was a joke, but I was also reading this on mobile. And guess what? On mobile it doesn't list tags so there was no little notification of " Satire " So for everyone saying it was clearly labeled as such. No, No it wasn't.
That is not something we realized. We were fine with it in news since it was clearly marked but if the mobile version takes that out, we'll discuss moving it.
The mobile version technically loads the Tags but the code has their display value set to none

Here is a userscript that reveals them (Tamper Monkey add-on & a compatible mobile browser required(I recommend UC browser))

Dunno if ya'll have the power to change that or not but best of luck

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Gauche said:
The mobile version technically loads the Tags but the code has their display value set to none

Here is a userscript that reveals them (Tamper Monkey add-on & a compatible mobile browser required(I recommend UC browser))

Dunno if ya'll have the power to change that or not but best of luck
Unfortunately I don't think any of us would have the know-how (assuming we even had the access) to fix it :(

Thanks for the try anyway.

9tailedflame

Oct 8, 2015
I fell for it, i'll admit, but this is the game industry, where developers sue critics for 10 million dollars and game reviewers whine about having to play hard games, so cut me some slack!

As far as the content, I think it's funny, and this site could honestly use whatever content it can get it's hands on at this point.

ineptelephant

Sep 22, 2017
Love it once again. Taco, you're a witty and interesting poster amid a sea of mediocrity and adverts. You have my respect and my chuckles (neither are worth anything, unfortunately)

EDIT: And fucking seriously people, absolutely seriously, if you fell for it past THIS line:
Gaming journalists are the lowest of the low. They'll complain about how you are objectifying women," he said, setting his Pabst Blue Ribbon on to an end table shaped like Tracer's posterior,
Then its no one's fault but your own.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Keep it in the news section. Half the fun of Taco News is realizing that it's satire halfway through reading it.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
ineptelephant said:
Love it once again. Taco, you're a witty and interesting poster amid a sea of mediocrity and adverts. You have my respect and my chuckles (neither are worth anything, unfortunately)

EDIT: And fucking seriously people, absolutely seriously, if you fell for it past THIS line:
Gaming journalists are the lowest of the low. They'll complain about how you are objectifying women," he said, setting his Pabst Blue Ribbon on to an end table shaped like Tracer's posterior,
Then its no one's fault but your own.
Considering that the man in this Youtube-clip is real (unless it's an elaborate prank, and good God do I hope so), the levels that human stupidity and lack of self-awareness can reach is seemingly endless, so I'm pretty certain people like that exist... But yes, I had gotten it before then. I still don't think satire belongs in the News Section, but again, I'm happy that someone is creating content for the site.

Nature Guardian

Nov 9, 2016
I came back to The Escapist after a long hyatus, and I see this.

Admit it, people: the title IS clickbaity. It needs a different title that makes it clear that it's satire, because the headline looks like a very plausible news (indie game devs have said this sorta thing in the past).

Even leaving aside the clickbaity title, I'm disappointed to see this is what The Escapist has come to.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
The folks on here whining about how they've been readers for so long and unlabeled joke articles in the news feed are so bad clearly haven't been readers for as long as they think they have. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/reliable-source/6369-Reliable-Source-Furniture-Marijuana-and-Bobby-Kotick]

I was actually considering trying to revive that old column myself, but it looks like Taco's beaten me to the punch, and probably did a better job than I would have. Nice Taco News.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
The world is dominated by hordes of morons whose only purpose in life is to make others suffer in one way or another: there is no reason for the internet to be spared by these dirty guys and we can play in peace! We want tolerance and kindness in the video game industry and on the internet.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
I am assuming the same people that are saying they thought this is real are the same people that fall for the joke segment occasionally in gameinformer called game infarcer and Darth Clark