Take The Escapist Harry Potter Quiz!

Tehpwnsauce

Apr 30, 2009
Question 8 provides the wrong answer, Look it up in the books and the correct answer should be an old disused castle. I'm dissapointed in you escapist.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Hate to sound like a geek but the real answer to no:10 is not there:
Muggles see ruins with a warning sign if they look at Hogwarts if I remember correctly. I chose "mountains" because out of the options that seemed the most likely.
See this is what I was thinking as well, so I went for your answer as well. But in the books it's defiantly what you said it was (although it may have been changed in translation if this is an American quiz, with myself reading the British addition)

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
somelameshite said:
woem said:
somelameshite said:
Muggles see ruins if they look at Hogwarts! THE QUIZ IS WRONG!!!!!

I'll be quiet now.
I was thinking the same thing.
I wasn't sure if the expected answer would be "mountains" or "nothing" since all four answers were wrong anyway...
It doesn't make sense for NOTHING to be there. What if one of them walked right into it?
First of all, it is supposed to be ruins, and another, it has a spell that repels muggles

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Ridiculously easy quiz, I would have expected something a bit more taxing from self proclaimed Potterites. Although I still only got 9/10.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
The question "What does a Muggle see if they look at Hogwarts," is bad. I answered with nothing, which thankfully was correct, but it's never said what exactly it looks like. This topic comes up in the 4th book and Hermione mentions that it COULD show up as "A smoldering old ruin, with a sign over the entrance, labeled: Warning, Do Not Enter, Unsafe" It never tells exactly what it is.

Nerdiness just went over the top.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Got 100%. But only by guessing that 'nothing' would be the closest thing to the actual correct answer. Time: 1:54

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
j0z said:
somelameshite said:
woem said:
somelameshite said:
Muggles see ruins if they look at Hogwarts! THE QUIZ IS WRONG!!!!!

I'll be quiet now.
I was thinking the same thing.
I wasn't sure if the expected answer would be "mountains" or "nothing" since all four answers were wrong anyway...
It doesn't make sense for NOTHING to be there. What if one of them walked right into it?
First of all, it is supposed to be ruins, and another, it has a spell that repels muggles
I agree, I want a refund.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
7/10... not bad for someone that's only read one of the books and seen about 20 minutes in total from the first two films combined.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
100% in 1:45. The one about what muggles see stumped me for a while. Could have sworn it was something else in the books. Did they change that in the movies? I can't remember...

Anyway, 43rd out of 183. Woot!!!

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
100%, 1:10, 13th place - oooh, lucky or unlucky ;p. Might have made top 10 if I'd known it was timed.

Also wrong question etcetera etcetera. Took a while to decide on that one.

Very easy quiz though, anyone with any interest in Harry Potter should get 9 or 10.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Due to some conflicting reports as to the correct answer to "What do Muggles see when they look at Hogwarts?", that question has been removed from the quiz and replaced with a new one. We apologize for the confusion.