Take-Two Boss Predicts the End of THQ

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
Just release the 40k RPG and all will be well
right?
I'd be more excited about it if the design didn't start out as an MMO.

I mean Kingdoms of Amalur had it's fair share of fans but it was pretty much average and wasn't exactly a blockbuster.

Converting a mummorpuger into a single player game won't be saving THQ no matter the license.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Remember that this is coming from a competitor. There's alot of hoping and wishing behind that statement. THQ is one of the less terrible publishers actually.

Still it doesn't matter what happens just aslong as EA doesn't take over.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I don't want to see THQ go, looking at my collection i have all the dawn of war series, metro 2033, space marine, company of hero's....

This publisher has facilitated some great work, it would be a shame to see them go under.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Go die in a fire, Zelnick. I'll take the games Relic and Vigil are putting out for THQ over your company's any day.
Geez, what a massive dickhead, kicking others while they're down.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Quality issues? Yeah, I can see that.

Makes me think of Company of Heroes. Great game that still has bugs worthy of attention. The most notable of which were introduced by the previous patches. But they're not going to fix it, and I'd bet it's THQ's fault more than Relic.

Now, Saints Row 2. Such an awesome badass game but it's so freaking horribly ported to PC that it's just painful to comprehend. Again, THQ's hands on it. And again, never to be fixed.

Sounds to me like they brought it upon themselves.

I feel bad for the people involved. It's probably just the asshats at the top who are at fault.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
THQ shot themselves in the foot when they associated themselves with Games for Windows Live! But i do hope they stay afloat if not for anything other than the fact they have the Homeworld franchise and Company of Heroes. If they go under hears wishing Relic Entertainment find a home with a publisher that isn't completely evil.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Waaaaahhhhhhhh I hope someone picks up the warhammer property then, waaaaahhhhhhh

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
THQ do not help themselves thou, hurting relic and vigil the 2 ppls still making you good games that well. And then downgrading the 40k mmo may as well just call it space marine 2 that was stupid, and then laying off a bunch of ppl at relic who i assume were working on dawn of war 3. If THQ is really going to die then i really hope VALVE pick up relic at least coz i fucking LOVE what they do with the warhammer 40k ip

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Covarr said:
With such titles under their belt as... umm... Games Explosion! [http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/743/743531p1.html], I don't think I'd miss 'em too much if they disappeared.

P.S. Thanks
And all the warhammer titles
and Company Of Heroes
and Darksiders
and Red Faction
and Saints Row

OT: I genuinely hope they don't go under, I like a lot of their games

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
THQ shot themselves in the foot when they associated themselves with Games for Windows Live! But i do hope they stay afloat if not for anything other than the fact they have the Homeworld franchise and Company of Heroes. If they go under hears wishing Relic Entertainment find a home with a publisher that isn't completely evil.
They don't own the rights to Homeworld Activision does now. As a general rule of thumb the publisher almost always owns the rights to the IP.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I like THQ. Some of there games are fun (Space Marine, Saints Row, ECT). BUT they have released ALOT of crap over the last few years (looking at you Homefront).

Really THQ is kinda that kid you knew in High school that wanted to be the cool kid but is just slightly behind the times. If they came out with an original game idea that hasn't been made by other companies to death they could make a comeback. I hope they don't get bought up by EA or Activision.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
It's a shame, because as publishers go they're fairly consumer-friendly; they don't exactly go out of their way to do anything, but they're a far cry (wahey!) from the obnoxious buffoons running places like Ubisoft.

Even so, their actual output is bland at best, minus Metro 2033.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
shameduser said:
I think THQ should publish a whole bunch of smaller titles and avoid larger titles for the time being.
Well they have released a arena type shooter called Nexius on consoles right now with a PC release coming on May 3 that's $10.