Taking bansturbation to a new level of stupid

Rude as HECK

Feb 24, 2011
Via Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-man-petitions-obama-to-destroy-all-copies-of-skyrim], this:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/immediately-ban-deadly-videogame-known-skyrim-safety-americas-youths/YmY1bLQ5

Immediately Ban the Deadly Videogame Known as "SkyRim" for The Safety of America's Youths.
Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of "SkyRim" to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and "screen names" so that teenagers can be better monitored.

Jun 11, 2008
Well it's a good thing there is no game called SkyRim developed by Blizzard so no more problems.

Edit: Still not as good as the Zynga news thing though.

aristos_achaion

Dec 30, 2008
I'm kinda curious where they got Blizzard from...did they just figure all video-game companies starting with a B are the same?

Also, read through the signatures...more than a couple are kinda hilarious.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.
ROFL

I'd sign, but I don't want to sign up for an account there. But seriously, that is way too funny.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
First, I had no idea there was a "wwws" type of address. Second, I find it somewhat amusing that there are names on that petition that wouldn't be known without actually playing an Elder Scrolls game (Maiq the Liar and Criminal Scu M are my favorites). This type of thing happens more often than you think, and they don't really work all that well in the end.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
The signatures imply that those that stand against it consist of more than their fair share of immature idiots as well, though.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
The fight against videogames is starting to sound a bit pompous now.

There are worse things tan videogames out there in the world and there are much worse than Skyrim out there.

Just ask that old hobo outside that makes fresh lemonade from his "crotch pocket" every few hours.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
This makes me think they saw that parody news article about Skyrim turning our children into homosexuals and took it seriously. The article makes the same mistake as saying it was produced by Blizzard as well.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Signed by
Dova K
Balgruuf t
Lusty Argonian M
Criminal Scu M
Dragon B
Maiq the Liar A
Dragon B
Tiber S
Fus Ro Da H
sithis t
StopRightThereCriminalScu M
Strongbeautifulnordwoman l
The Lusty A

I Lol'd big time

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Oh, internet satire. So misunderstood.

I remember how many people were trolled by the article this was based on.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008

Step 1) Make ridiculous petition that anyone with even a passing interest in Skyrim can see to be woefully inaccurate
Step 2) Subtly link it to gaming news sites
Step 3) Watch as gamers on the internet go crazy
Step 4) Laugh from the comfort of your computer chair, safe in the knowledge that your nerdbaiting is best.

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if a gaming news site did this themselves to drum up traffic.