Tales from the Capital Wasteland

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
i liked finding the Oasis, where you find the tree/human wich i killed and then afterwards promptly killed all the villagers so i could have there cool robes....still have very good karma though so its ok lol
Also my friend found an enclave camp where they had mind-controlled deathclaws. i guesse it glitched like hell because one few up into the sky to where os wasn't able to be seen anymore and then appeared on the ground...that was funny.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Getting Yao Guai's to fight my enemies. Given how strong those buggers are it's funny to watch them duke it out with Raiders and save my ammo.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Personally speaking, I used a rather...unorthodox solution to the Superhuman Gambit quest. Here's what I did.

First, I talked to the Canterbury Commons quest-givers as usual and told them I'd take care of the Antagonizer and the Mechanist, while finding out where their respective lairs were.

Then, I made my way through the Mechanist's lair, and saved before entering his room. Immediately after that, when he started walking out of the room towards me to engage me in conversation, I used a Stealth Boy and reverse-pickpocketed him, giving him some generic Combat Armor and a Combat Helmet. Then he talked to me, but I didn't tell him anything in particular and just left him in the room. I left his lair and came back, and saw him wearing the generic armor. I then snatched his Mechanist armor out of his inventory.

After that, I left the lair the second time, and went off to the Antagonizer's lair. I saved before walking towards her throne, carefully using a Stealth Boy then reverse-pickpocketing some Combat Armor into her inventory like before, then leaving the room before she could engage me in conversation. I left her lair, and came back, and saw her wearing the generic armor.

Then I talked to the Antagonizer, and told her the Mechanist was dead, showing her the respective armor. She took it, and gave me her special weapon, the Ant's Sting. She began to leave her lair, and I followed her, putting a bullet in her brain the second she took a step outside, snatching her special armor away from her now that it was in her inventory.

Finally, I went to the Mechanist's lair and talked to him, telling him the Antagonizer was dead and getting his special weapon, Protectron's Gaze, as he took the Antagonizer's armor.

He began to leave the building, and I followed him, and as soon as he was out of the building, I used VATS and my trusty sniper rifle, and turned his head into red goo, snatching the Antagonizer's armor from his inventory.

I saved my game, and took the Antagonizer's Armor, the Mechanist's Armor, the Ant's Sting and the Protectron's Gaze back to my Megaton House, and stored them carefully in my trophy cabinet.

BEST. QUEST RESULT. EVER.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
nikki191 said:
The_Oracle said:
Personally speaking, I used a rather...unorthodox solution to the Superhuman Gambit quest. Here's what I did.

First, I talked to the Canterbury Commons quest-givers as usual and told them I'd take care of the Antagonizer and the Mechanist, while finding out where their respective lairs were.

Then, I made my way through the Mechanist's lair, and saved before entering his room. Immediately after that, when he started walking out of the room towards me to engage me in conversation, I used a Stealth Boy and reverse-pickpocketed him, giving him some generic Combat Armor and a Combat Helmet. Then he talked to me, but I didn't tell him anything in particular and just left him in the room. I left his lair and came back, and saw him wearing the generic armor. I then snatched his Mechanist armor out of his inventory.

After that, I left the lair the second time, and went off to the Antagonizer's lair. I saved before walking towards her throne, carefully using a Stealth Boy then reverse-pickpocketing some Combat Armor into her inventory like before, then leaving the room before she could engage me in conversation. I left her lair, and came back, and saw her wearing the generic armor.

Then I talked to the Antagonizer, and told her the Mechanist was dead, showing her the respective armor. She took it, and gave me her special weapon, the Ant's Sting. She began to leave her lair, and I followed her, putting a bullet in her brain the second she took a step outside, snatching her special armor away from her now that it was in her inventory.

Finally, I went to the Mechanist's lair and talked to him, telling him the Antagonizer was dead and getting his special weapon, Protectron's Gaze, as he took the Antagonizer's armor.

He began to leave the building, and I followed him, and as soon as he was out of the building, I used VATS and my trusty sniper rifle, and turned his head into red goo, snatching the Antagonizer's armor from his inventory.

I saved my game, and took the Antagonizer's Armor, the Mechanist's Armor, the Ant's Sting and the Protectron's Gaze back to my Megaton House, and stored them carefully in my trophy cabinet.

BEST. QUEST RESULT. EVER.
you are creative and evil.. i respect you
I don't have the Nefarious badge for nothing. :p

Doom am I, full-ripe, dealing death to the worlds, engaged in devouring mankind.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
What are we talking about? Best things we've done or best things we've found?

Done: Dogmeat got stuck so I placed 10 mini nukes all round him aswell as a load of other explosives I had on me around like Nuka Grenades and Bottlecap Mines. Then I got on the nearest cliff and shot the Experimental Mirv. Needless to say, he died. Spectaculary.

Found: A molerat fighting a Deathclaw and winning. That was quite a sight.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
shotfun9 said:
Torque669 said:
Found: A molerat fighting a Deathclaw and winning. That was quite a sight.
Dude, don't fuck with that molerat.
I did. With a super sledge. After taking some Psycho. And Ultrajet. Lets just say he didnt survive Round 2.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
There's a part in one of the subway tunnels where you get in and there's a protectron that's asking you for tickets.... two super mutants come in and the protectron will walk up to them and ask them for their tickets as well... eventually after some conversation the mutants will start pounding on the protectron.... I took this opportunity to sneak up behind them and headshotted them both with Lincoln's Repeater in a single V.A.T.S. :).

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
The greatest thing I ever did was in the section on the way to GNR. There's a school you have to cut through that's crawling with Super Mutants. I had already been through here before but was heading back this way after loading up Broken Steel. There is a large gap between the floors in the building, and I noticed a whole slew of super mutants across the gap, content to stand there shooting at me and the Brotherhood.

I pulled out the Fat Man, and scored 11 kills with one shot. Total XP gained was something in the neighbourhood of 1460.

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
TPiddy said:
There's a part in one of the subway tunnels where you get in and there's a protectron that's asking you for tickets.... two super mutants come in and the protectron will walk up to them and ask them for their tickets as well... eventually after some conversation the mutants will start pounding on the protectron.... I took this opportunity to sneak up behind them and headshotted them both with Lincoln's Repeater in a single V.A.T.S. :).
Where do you find Lincolns Repeater anyway?

infinisynth

The man
Jul 31, 2009
ZombieNeith said:
I have collected every single gnome in the entire game, except for the one in the Vault 112 simulation, because it isn't real.

There's also a terminal in Vault 108 that has my name on it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Stevens

You'll also notice that there's another name in that terminal; Jason Stevens. In real life, my father is called Jason Stevens.
Thats freakin creepy

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
shotfun9 said:
TPiddy said:
Where do you find Lincolns Repeater anyway?
It's in the Museum of History... there are several Lincoln artifacts in the building... I walked around for days wearing a Regulator Duster and Lincoln's Hat.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
I had just gotten out of valet 101, I did a little exploring and I ran into a hunting party, so I presided to talk to them. They offered to give me some free sweet meat, being a level 2 with no health restoring items, I gladly accepted. And that was the end of it, or so I thought. About 17 hours and 10 levels later I ran into a hunting party, but they where hunting a wasteland settler. I was too far away to do anything. As I looked on I saw them go up the the man they killed and start cutting him up, and at that moment I realized that they where the same people I had meet all those levels ago, and the sweet meat they gave me was human flesh. As I stood there horrified at the realization. So I did the only thing I could think of, I killed them. I guess I should have listened to my Dad "Never talk to strangers."

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
cubikill said:
I had just gotten out of valet 101, I did a little exploring and I ran into a hunting party, so I presided to talk to them. They offered to give me some free sweet meat, being a level 2 with no health restoring items, I gladly accepted. And that was the end of it, or so I thought. About 17 hours and 10 levels later I ran into a hunting party, but they where hunting a wasteland settler. I was too far away to do anything. As I looked on I saw them go up the the man they killed and start cutting him up, and at that moment I realized that they where the same people I had meet all those levels ago, and the sweet meat they gave me was human flesh. As I stood there horrified at the realization. So I did the only thing I could think of, I killed them. I guess I should have listened to my Dad "Never talk to strangers."
I met those hunters around the DC river as the old lady's place. They were probably trading and offered that meat, too. I don't think I ever ate it since stimpaks were more useful. I came across them on day on the DC side of the river, and turns out I was on the menu, with both the hunters and a couple of Super-mutants.