* albums
* other information

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Taylor Swift is a feminist.

[sub]Well, there goes the thread[/sub]

On another note, I'm pretty sure that Taylor Swift is the secret identity of a superheroine. Apparently in the clip for "We are never, ever getting back together" (that title is a bit long), it was done more or less in one take, she just change costumes very quickly, like a suprheroine.

Also "mild mannered" would seem to describe her.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
She's alright by me. The only song of hers I listen to is "Shake it off", but I really like it.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
anne001 said:
First of all, welcome to the Escapist!

As for Taylor Swift, from what little I know about about her... she's alright. I probably wouldn't actively go looking for her songs, but I have nothing against her.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, and being a feminist, she's on tumblr, and says things like "Can someone explain how tumblr works?"

A bunch of her fans went over the technical details, and got free invites for them and a date to her next concert.

AndrewEB

Oct 12, 2014
Country
Canada
http://blip.tv/todds-pop-song-reviews/shake-it-off-by-taylor-swift-7031784

His thoughts on Taylor Swift, and specifically her latest smash hit and recent trend kind of sums up my thoughts on Tay Tay

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I didn't mind her all that much. Her songs weren't meant for me but I thought she was alright.

Until...

LetalisK said:
She's alright by me. The only song of hers I listen to is "Shake it off", but I really like it.
..this

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
anne001 said:
Post anything here about Taylor..
No I won't!
You know why? Because I can't, I know nothing about her, not my type of music, and since that is what this seems ot be about, I can't contribute!
//Partypooper

On another note:
Welcome to the Escapist Anne!
Don't press the red buttons, keep conversations civil, and joke around a lot.
Hope you enjoy your stay :)

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
She's alright, seems like a nice, likeable girl.
Makes decent pop music too.

Also, welcome to The Escapist

Guffe said:
Don't press the red buttons
Don't listen to him, press the red button.
It'll be fun!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Andrew Eden-Balfour said:
http://blip.tv/todds-pop-song-reviews/shake-it-off-by-taylor-swift-7031784

His thoughts on Taylor Swift, and specifically her latest smash hit and recent trend kind of sums up my thoughts on Tay Tay
My computer didn't want to let me watch more than the first half of that when I tried a while ago, but IIRC, he condemns her for writing a song that only she could relate to, that anyone could have done, and that sounds like something a 10 year old would complain about. Would have thought he'd have to have picked one of those.

Abulurd_H

Jul 31, 2013
Odd site to make a Taylor Swift thread on but I'll bite.

I think she's pretty clever. Cleverer than most would give her credit for. Her penchant for singing about ex-boyfriends is a bit teeny but I'm sure it will pass.

I hated shake it off but it's grown on me. Once I realised the video is more of a comment about the latest music videos from generic pop stars numbers 1 through 22, I was able to listen to it and I found I kinda like what shes saying

I started listening to her music while driving as a way to control my speed and occasional bouts of road rage. I challenge anyone here to drive angry while listeng to her soothing pop/country melodies.

She could wind up being on par with Dolly if she can last the distance

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
"We are never getting back together" or whatever it's called is aite, but the people dressed in animal suits in the video fill me with a strange and irrational hatred of them.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
I'm a fan!

I wasn't that into her early country-pop stuff but her Red album is great. She seems likes a really cool person.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Dragonlayer said:
"We are never getting back together" or whatever it's called is aite, but the people dressed in animal suits in the video fill me with a strange and irrational hatred of them.
I like the bit where she suddenly realises she is dancing with a bunch of random and somewhat creepy furries that just appeared in her house.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Baffle said:
thaluikhain said:
They were all boys, with that last name, IIRC, so you probably are.
No way! You're pulling my leg! Yanking my chain! Fibbing to my tree! Pretty sure they were girls and one of them was called Taylor Swift.
Ok, possibly they were all girls, in that pre-pubescent boy band members...well you can't really tell unless you are their doctor, can you. Not a band member, but push the red button and you'll see what I mean.

However, I never feel the urge to loudly tell Taylor Swift to shut up when she's singing, so she's not in Hanson. Sing somewhere else or something, sure, but that's about it.