Team Fortress 2: A Psychiatric Evaluation

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Mr_Vorhias said:
sheic99 said:
Very well done. By chance are you a psych major/psychiatrist?
Funny Thing: I actually failed miserably when I took Psychiatry. The only thing I was cribbing from to come up with all these mental disorders is the Wikipedia entry on "List Of Mental Disorders."

Thanks, all! I'm glad so many people like this. :D
It's easy to bs somebody who knows noting though. Still amazed that you got that off of wikipedia.

Jenny Creed

May 7, 2008
That was really entertaining. But the narrator seems to be a highly inexperienced psychiatrist. You'd need someone who's dealt with war veterans to begin to understand the sniper and the other murderin bastards. (And not be afraid of them.) Not that I'm complaining, you've put more effort into it than I'm putting into this criticism. Just asking if you'd mind if I take this concept and see what I can do with it? I think it's a good idea with a lot of potential. :)

Mr_Vorhias

Feb 27, 2008
Jenny Creed said:
That was really entertaining. But the narrator seems to be a highly inexperienced psychiatrist. You'd need someone who's dealt with war veterans to begin to understand the sniper and the other murderin bastards. (And not be afraid of them.) Not that I'm complaining, you've put more effort into it than I'm putting into this criticism. Just asking if you'd mind if I take this concept and see what I can do with it? I think it's a good idea with a lot of potential. :)
Well what did you have in mind?

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Haha, that was awesome. This is why I love Tf2; the characters aren't just generic soldiers, but you can actually write about not only their stories, but their psychology. Nice work.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Dancingman said:
These disturb me, the comments are like the ones I see on Yahtzee reviews, disturbing.
You just haven't acclimatized to this atmosphere.

Brilliant job mate, loved it through and through actually giving them personalities. Out of all of them, I'm not sure which one it would be since I'm more disturbed than the engineer, but not as deluded as the soldier... difficult.

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
I laughed, for the most part it was good but when the illnesses ecchoed and from what I know about psychology didn't quite fit with your logic for giving them. Not once was sociopath mentioned even though it fit better.

Anyway, nitpicking aside good job! It was original and funny :D

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
mike1921 said:
Singularly Datarific said:
OCD would go to the Engie, he has to spycheck everything.
engie can be excused from OCD for the same reason as paranoia
As someone who plays engie (and TF2 in general) a lot, paranoia is a survival trait.

Jenny Creed

May 7, 2008
Mr_Vorhias said:
Jenny Creed said:
Well what did you have in mind?
Never mind, what I'm writing is turning out to be some sort of fanfiction with a rather different scope. Get back to me in a few weeks if you're really interested. ^_^

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Interesting concept. I didn't think it was very funny myself, but that's just what I thought. You must have spent a long time on this, but I think you could have done a better job.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
I apporove of this diagnosis... you may continue to live... for now.
I liked the sniper, medic and engineer the most.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funny as hell, incredibly entertaining to read, fit the personalities of the characters very well, and a very funny (if not, kinda morbid) ending.

This is awesome mate. Keep em coming! :)

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Very entertaining! I'm an avid TF2 player, and I loved the personalities. You could have also brought up how much Spy loves watching Engineers squirm when he saps their sentries.

I'm going to look at the Medic MUCH differently now. His name must be Klaus Frankenstein.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
sgtshock said:
Haha, that was awesome. This is why I love Tf2; the characters aren't just generic soldiers, but you can actually write about not only their stories, but their psychology. Nice work.
Seconded, TF2 really is a great game, one wich doesn't take itself so seriously ;-) I still need to buy it though.
Anyway, loved it, great job, my compliments!

Mr_Vorhias

Feb 27, 2008
josh797 said:
you could maybe do an evaluation on gears of war. thats bound to be funny.
Nah. I didn't like Gears of War, so I could only write negative stuff about it. I'm sure you could get that from much more interesting sources than I.

Besides. (IMO) The characters don't really have any sort of personality to them. Not like the TF2 cast anyway. (But I'm getting off-topic.)

I have a few ideas circulating in my head since posting this though, so I'll probably post something like this again. I doubt I'll be able to make something as funny as the TF2 one, though.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Mr_Vorhias said:
josh797 said:
you could maybe do an evaluation on gears of war. thats bound to be funny.
Nah. I didn't like Gears of War, so I could only write negative stuff about it. I'm sure you could get that from much more interesting sources than I.

Besides. (IMO) The characters don't really have any sort of personality to them. Not like the TF2 cast anyway. (But I'm getting off-topic.)

I have a few ideas circulating in my head since posting this though, so I'll probably post something like this again. I doubt I'll be able to make something as funny as the TF2 one, though.
idk if you are as good a writer as it seems, and this thread wasnt a fluke then i think you might want to see if you could get a column with the escapist. i mean there are lots of game characters out there and a lot of them have some pretty disturbed mental states.. i think it could be fun.