Team Fortress 2 ARG Introduces Gray Mann

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Just to show you guys how long valve has been planning this:

I am very curious though how this will go, combine RED and BLU team into Purple team vs Grey team in a game mode.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
therandombear said:
Just to show you guys how long valve has been planning this:

I am very curious though how this will go, combine RED and BLU team into Purple team vs Grey team in a game mode.
Frickin door conspiracy. You can't tell me there isn't one.

Sometimes i feel like these guys have too much free time on their hand. Valve time that is.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
This does raise a lot of questions; will blue and red be putting aside differences to fight Gray Mann? Where does the Administrator stand on all this? Would she take Gray's side if he made her a good enough offer? Would perhaps either red or blue side with Mann Co. while the other side got hired by Gray? What kind of new hat will they come out with THIS time? Will there be new weapons? If there are, how many milliseconds after release will it take for players to start whining about them being OP?

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I feel like this is going to culminate in a release of a Horde mode gametype. Think about it; Holding off against robots? That sounds pretty real and possible. And I do hope their are more hats.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Mike Fang said:
This does raise a lot of questions; will blue and red be putting aside differences to fight Gray Mann? Where does the Administrator stand on all this? Would she take Gray's side if he made her a good enough offer? Would perhaps either red or blue side with Mann Co. while the other side got hired by Gray? What kind of new hat will they come out with THIS time? Will there be new weapons? If there are, how many milliseconds after release will it take for players to start whining about them being OP?
Actually, the comic answers your first question:

Gray sent fake letters to Redmond and Blutarch, basically saying that each side offers a truce to talk about making one of them pregnant to have an heir. Gray then enters, trying to convince both of them to take over Mann Co. owned by Saxton Hale. Neither of the brothers will listen, so Gray kills them both.

Mkvenner

Jun 12, 2010
Sometimes, at moments like this, I look back and want to give my past self a high five for coming onto steam all those years ago and purchasing the orange box.

:')

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
For a moment, I thought they were talking about this guy.

Whew... I'm glad that's not the case. Screw The Gray Man.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well that is pretty damn awesome, shame I'm not really invested in the TF2 lore.
...Or play TF2 for that matter.
dessertmonkeyjk said:
For a moment, I thought they were talking about this guy.

Whew... I'm glad that's not the case. Screw The Gray Man.
I know that reference...
LSD Dream Emulator.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
This guy wll buy the hats. Screw you Valve and your sexy mirco transactions!

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I'm not sure what's more impressive, that Valve's fans are this friggen' amazing, or that Valve actively expects their fans to be this friggen' amazing.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
"Most powerful Austrailian?" That doesn't sound right...

Anyway, this looks to be something impressive, can't wait to see more!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Only one thing is certain. There Will Be Blood Hats.

And they will be fantastic.

Also G-Mann... Really Valve? JUST SHUT UP WITH THE TEASING AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY DAMMIT!

Ah well I feel like indulging in epileptic trees right now so:
The TF2 universe will be revealed as the past of the Combine's homeworld.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
kajinking said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Whoa...I think in this situation, only one thing can be said.

Ha ha! Beat ya to it! Post 10
Ah, but you failed to embed and spoil the video. So I consider my post more vaild than just a single link, no offence.

Inbar Fink

Apr 12, 2012
The7Sins said:
Anyone @ all intrigued by the seeming similarities between Grey and the Spy? Anyone? Just me?
Grey's mannerisms + killing style + suit make me think the Spy may be his descendants. And I suppose that that makes the Scout is as well seeing as there are plenty of hints that the Spy is his dad.
Oh, for god's sake

Word of God specifically states that Spy and Scout are NOT in any way related.
altought I noticed the same similarities between Gray and Spy. My theory that he owns SpyTech (he said he has his own company, that he bulid himself - unlike his brothers).

carlh267

Jun 4, 2012
Might wanna update the OP, Valve just released Day 1 of the Mann vs Machine Update.

http://tf2.com/post.php?id=8622